5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived just as described and works great
Published on November 17, 2012 by Dustin Bolton

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY EASY SECURITY MARKET LLC
If I could give it negative stars I would.

Published 15 months ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived just as described and works great, November 17, 2012
Dustin Bolton "Dustout" (Marlow, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ademco Vista 20P with (2) 6160 keypad Version 9.12 Kit (Electronics)
This was my first time to install a security system. I'm a DIYer and this saved me a lot of money and let me really customize my setup. I set up every door and window my house to a separate zone using the zone doubling feature and currently have the two key pads set up. Wiring it up took me a bit of time only because I was unfamiliar with it so I was very slow and cautious to make sure I got it right. It all worked on my first booting it up so I'd say that was a success. The inside of the panel has a huge schematic that diagrams how to wire it all up. Very convenient for me since it's right there. It shows some common configurations and settings. I ran CAT5 to carry the keypad signals since I wanted them in locations where there wasn't already wiring run. The programming isn't hard exactly, but it certainly takes some patience and reading the manual to figure it all out. It's well thought out and extremely well engineered. There's just a LOT of options and settings. Everything comes pre-configured with defaults but you of course will likely want to customize your setup as that's an awesome part of putting this in yourself. Just read through the manual and use Google if you get stuck as there are forums and various websites to help through confusing steps or to ask questions. The manuals themselves are excellent though and give a lot of detail. I'm impressed by how much engineering had to have gone into this. Stuff like this that has such amazing customization isn't sold much these days. I still need to set up my RF keypad that came with the home and pair a couple of wireless remotes. All in all I'm pleased and impressed with it. Be sure to change your default codes so that a burglar that might break in can't just know the default codes and disarm this themselves.

Wishes in a perfect world:
1) I wish programming it had been a little easier/faster BUT I specifically got this kind of thing because I wanted this control so there's not much that could be changed with this I guess. Not too big of a deal. If you're the type considering getting this type of thing and wiring it yourself you can CERTAINLY program the thing. 98% of the defaults are fine anyways. Just read through the programming guide. Cool features I may add in the future too that I haven't added yet. A security company would charge more for all these features.
2) It would be cool if these were cheaper but I can see why they cost what they do.
3) I wish I could have gotten this same kit with one of the 6160's being the RF model 6160RF.
4) I wish it came with the resistors for zone doubling (it only comes with the ones for end resistors).
5) I wish it came with crimp splice connectors for connecting resistors to wires for convenience. I bought a bulk bag Leviton 49551-CBR B Type Splice Connectors, Bulk Polybag Pack, 100 Connectors/Unit to connect wires: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O84R8G/

Would I buy it again? Absolutely.
Is it worth it? Yes, I believe so.
Is it well made? Extremely high quality. Heavy duty metal panel too.
Any problems with the actual product? No, not really that I've found so far. Time will tell too.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, December 9, 2012
great buy cant beat the price for all the stuff you get. def love the 20p systems. learning how to use and install so easy

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY EASY SECURITY MARKET LLC, September 4, 2013
If I could give it negative stars I would.

We bought this item less than 5 months ago. It worked fine until one day it just didn't. We live in Miami and had a storm that weekend, however, it storms in Miami every day, so it should not have affected the system. The 6160 RF Receiver keypad simply died. I emailed the seller to honor the warranty since the system was only 5 months old and the seller said due to "natural disaster" they could not. How did they determine it was due to "natural disaster"? Because I told them we had a storm. Of course, at the end of the email, they said they "strive to provide customer satisfaction" and said they would provide a whopping 10% off a brand new system. So, essentially, they do not stand behind their product and are saying that every time there is a storm, we would have to replace our system.
I also asked if we could send the system back so they could look at it and fix it - of course, they said that we would just have to purchase a completely new system.
Total waste of time, money that I will never get back.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY
DO NOT BUY THIS CHEAP SYSTEM
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR YOUR MONEY
DO NOT BELIEVE THEY WILL HONOR THE WARRANTY BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT

You are better off getting a guard dog.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good, June 27, 2013
It is a very good product for the panel and I would use it Again and not anything as good as it is for this panel