Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adesso 3637-22 Shimmy Floor Lamp, Chrome
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Chrome|Change

on March 12, 2013
I didnt realize the lamp doesnt have an on off switch. Its a touch lamp and is very sensitive. Sometimes it turns on and off by itsself which is totally creepy at 3am. I get many compliments on it but I wish it had a switch.
on February 3, 2011
This lamp has a retro look that works well in my bedroom. I'm crafty enough to put something like this together, but the instructions are straightforward. The paper disks hardly justify the price however the lamp is very sturdy and solid.
on January 21, 2012
I had purchased this for a bit of fun in my office and it's perfect. I read the other reviews and expected the hanging discs to be paper and foil, but that doesn't detract from the overall appearance. It was tougher to find the right bulb. I bought quite a few energy saving bulbs that ranged up to $12 and found that the cheaper 3-way bulb worked much better. The more expensive ones only showed one level of light, but the less expensive one worked as I needed.

I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a bit of fun and uniqueness for your space.

EDIT: 6/30/12
I burned through my first bulb and it made that big popping sound before it went out. I went to buy the EXACT same bulb and a couple of things really took me by surprise:
1) the 3 way touch NO LONGER WORKS, the light just stays on the brightest level
2) I have to unplug/plug the lamp to turn it off/on

I tried a 3 different light bulbs, so I'm really disappointed this happened. I have to reduce the number of stars since it's only been 6 months since I got this.

I had to buy a Leviton TBI03-1LW Tabletop Slide Control Lamp Dimmer 300-Watt White to plug the lamp into so I didn't have to keep unplugging/plugging in the darn thing. The great news is that the dimmer works nicely.
on October 10, 2011
Nice height. Solid construction. The dangling circles are very cheap, but look nice and serve the purpose. Good product for someone who wants to jazz up a room.

Also like the fact that it turns on/off by touch - no switch!
on June 6, 2013
Once I saw this lamp I wanted no other and the price on Amazon couldn't be beat by Walmart or Ebay. It was so easy to put together and the first time I had it up I just had to keep the light on that entire day and just kept looking at how pretty my lamp was.
on August 14, 2015
This is my third one. I love it! However, the dimmers tend to stop working on them after a while. 2 of them stopped working after we changed the bulb for the first time (strange). The one in my bedroom is still working, so it may be a fluke with the two that I have?? Nonetheless, they are so beautiful that I would still recommend them.
on February 28, 2012
This lamp definately adds some spark to my room. It looks just as pictured. The only thing I do not like about it is you can see the light bulb through the rows of paper disks. It has a plastic guard that goes around the light but I wish it had something to blur the light more. I do like that you can touch any part of the metal and it turns on.
on October 27, 2012
Wife bought this, but I put it together. It goes together easily and I did not need to use the directions, pretty obvious.
This lamp is touch activated, we live in an older house that has a switch for the outlet for a floor lamp, which is why we bought it. If you turn the switch off on the wall and wait a bit then turn it back on the lamp remains off unless you touch it, not great for our intended application.
It has three different levels of luminosity, which is a good feature. and my wife and daughter love the way it looks.
on March 14, 2013
I can't say enough good things about this.

It looks gorgeous in my living room with my contemporary decor.

I love the fact that you can literally touch it anywhere and it turns it on or off. The price is worth it - I'm buying the smaller set for my bedroom.
on May 13, 2016
This would get a 5 star review except the touch sensor broke about a year into having it. It's one of my favorite items so it bums me out. We like it so much we put up with having to plug it and unplug it each time.