5.0 out of 5 stars Works Really Well!
Published on June 16, 2009 by M. Singleton

3.0 out of 5 stars not too bad for the price
Published on November 3, 2010 by KatNKDA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Really Well!, June 16, 2009
This review is from: Adesso 12" x 7.25 " Widescreen Media Graphics CyberTablet (Personal Computers)
I was looking for a tablet that wouldn't cost me my soul but would also function the way I need it to. I was a little apprehensive of how well this tablet would actually work with a Mac, but once I plugged it in and updated the driver I was really impressed. Managing the hot keys is easy, the scroll wheels work great and are essential, and the curser is very responsive. As a graphic designer I use Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign and this tablet really does well with them all. My one minor complaint is that even though you can set the hot keys based upon individual applications you still have to tell it which application your using. I set my keys up so I can quickly move through each app, using a standard setting for everything. So, if your looking for a tablet that will do the job until that one day comes when you can afford the Wacom Cintiq 21ux, this one will do just fine, especially for 140 bucks.

3.0 out of 5 stars not too bad for the price, November 3, 2010
the tablet offers a lot for the price,considering the size and features. It is a great solution if you don't want to invest a fortune for your equipment or need a backup tablet. What disturbs the work flow is that it 'goes to sleep' even if you put the pen aside for only very short time and then you have to tip several times on the tablet to 'wake it up'. The tablet showed considerable scratches from the pen after only one week usage and the surface lost the shine quickly. I would have given at least one star more, wouldn't there be the customer support, who is slow, not very cooperative and smug on top of it, when you have a question or need replacement of pen etc. The pen replacement tips (which come with the package) is all you get - there are no more after you have used them up, you then need to buy a new pen, which is completely different to what you got used to. Even if I got used to the Adesso tablet, my next one will definitely be a wacom again, where a professional and first of all friendly customer service comes with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, January 28, 2010
I have been practicing digital art for a little over a year now. This is the second Adesso Tablet I've purchased. I started with their cybertablet 12000 which works fairly well, but wanted to upgrade.

I've only had the M14 (this one) installed for a few moments and already I love it. The scroll buttons seem a little odd to me, as they both scroll in the same direction, but they work well. The 4000 LPI resolution allows me to do cross-hatch sketching very accurately, and the 1024 pressure sensitivity works like a charm. I've never used a WACOM tablet before, but I can't imagine it being any better than this unless it does the work for you.

I haven't bothered with the shortcut keys yet, as I can't think of any reason for them, but I'm sure they work just as well as the other functions.

Easy to install, easy to use.

If you'd like to see what I've done with Adesso's Tablets, check out my deviantart page. [...].

5.0 out of 5 stars Adesso Graphics Tablet, January 19, 2011
For several years I had been using a Wacom Graphics Tablet and just loved it. I am now using Windows 7 and could not find any updated drivers for this old tablet. I purchased the Adesso Tablet, as I did not want to spend a lot of money on a new tablet. It is perfect in it's performance and I absolutely love it. I purchased the 12x7.25 in. #4000. I would recommend this tablet to everyone. I work on a lot of graphics, and each day that I use it, I enjoy it even more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, June 25, 2009
R. Camizzi (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
I like this pad a lot. No problems except that it takes some getting used to with the way it senses the movement of the stylus when it is close to it but not touching it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adesso Graphics Tablet, December 6, 2009
This is the first graphics tablet that I have ever purchased, but it was easy to install and so far I love how it works.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Tablet with Lousy Reliability, September 4, 2012
I bought this tablet because I couldn't stomach the price for a big Wacom Intuos. It had the same pressure sensitivity (at the time that is - Intuos 4/5 have gone up) and a scroll wheel like the Intuos 4/5 as well as programmable hot keys that the Intuos doesn't have to any great degree. I loved the 2 scroll wheels though you can't get them to do 2 different things. I loved the fact that it was set up to be switchable from regular to widescreen monitor use with the touch of a button, with the areas for both delineated on the draw surface. The pen felt fat, cheap and flimsy but the tablet and pen holder seemed wonderfully high quality. It worked very well for a while although as might be expected, it couldn't really deal with my Samsung Widescreen Monitor which can swivel from landscape to portrait orientation (what graphics tablet could?). Sadly, after a year of use the cursor started to go crazy. I tried different batteries in the pen and uninstalling/re-installing the original drivers as well as a new set of drivers from Adesso to no avail. Unlike some others here, I had good, quick support from Adesso right up until they found out that there was no warranty on it. Though I had the tablet over a year, it had seen very little use since it was connected to a secondary computer that I rarely used. And I can't try buying a replacement pen to see if that works because the website is only set up for American customers. After buying this to save the expense of an Intuos, I had to buy the Intuos anyway. A complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, July 20, 2012
I have nothing to compare this model with, but I'm enjoying it so far. I liked the pricing and the size. The included Artrage software is cool. I already had Photoshop, which is also cool to use with the cybertablet. As a beginner, I might have been happy no matter what model or brand I selected, but I can definitely say I have not been disappointed with my decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cyber Tablet, December 27, 2011
Works well, especially for the price! A great starter tablet to decide whether to invest in more expensive type. My daughter is an art major and is havong a lot of fun with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME TABLET, November 23, 2010
The whole unit was right out of the box easy to use. No conflicts with my computer and the software is awesome to use. A must for all those who like to photo edit or just draw on the computer. The size is just right and is great to use on or off the table or just resting on your lap.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›