4.0 out of 5 stars Overall great product!
Quick response: Great product but getting a 4 out of 5 because of the 15ft range and only taking 2 AAA batteries. Please read on for full details.

Like almost all wireless keyboards, setup was very easy. I simply installed the batteries, plugged the USB wireless adapter, and it did its own thing. It was up and running in about 10 seconds.

The size...
Published on January 20, 2012 by RFigueroa

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but noisy
I am using this keyboard on an under-desk, pull-out keyboard tray with my laptop on the desk (same as a screen on desktop). Having the integrated keyboard, touchpad, and number pad is great for keyboard trays or for using on your lap. I am surprised there are not more model options on the market for this application.

Pros:
Easy/fast to install. Touchpad...
Published on April 4, 2012 by Kirk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall great product!, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Adesso Wireless SlimTouch Desktop Touchpad Keyboard (Personal Computers)

The size and look of the keyboard are AWESOME! Exactly the same width and weight as a standard keyboard but thinner and you have the mouse added. Other wireless combo keyboards (wireless keyboard, mouse pad, and 10key setup) in the same price range were much more bulky. It's got a nice gloss black finish with chrome trimming, the classic combo.

What I'm noticing, as I type this, is the backspace button has a little "play" on it so when you strike/press it, it makes a loose clanking sound. The other buttons are quiet and no abnormal sounds. Regardless, the buttons are very reactive. The "Fn" (function) buttons all work well and are very reactive as well.

The mouse speed had to be readjusted to the fastest setting so that I didn't have to keep lifting my finger to make it from one side of the screen to the other. The adjustment did help but I wish I could get further across with the one swipe. The pointer is precise and moves well with my movement. I did try another keyboard with the same setup (wireless keyboard, mouse pad, and 10key setup) and found that the pointer would flicker across the screen and would make it difficult for precise pointer placement to small buttons or check boxes. The mouse pad scroll works well too. It does not give you the expand screen swipe option (similar to smart phone touch screens) but you can still press the ctrl button and use the scroll option to expand/decrease the screen.

The range of the keyboard is fair. I use the keyboard approximately 10 feet away from the computer and I don't have any issues; however, I found the range to be about 15ft with the wireless adapter installed on the back of the computer and not the advertised 30 ft (this was the same with the other keyboard I tried). I'm sure I'd get more range if I would switch the adapter to the front of the computer but that's not what I like.

The one thing I am concerned with is the fact that this keyboard only takes two AAA batteries so I'm assuming the battery life may not be all that great, especially since both the mouse and the keyboard are using the same set of batteries. I will definitely keep an eye on this and will provide an update in a month or so.

Overall, a GREAT keyboard for the money and couldn't be happier with this purchase.

I hope this review helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but noisy, April 4, 2012

Pros:
Easy/fast to install. Touchpad was much better than I expected with just the right sensitivity/cursor speed, scroll-edge function, and tap-select function. As good as my built-in VAIO laptop pad. No adjusting, other than size, but I was surprised that this was not an issue as I had feared. Also, having the pad off to the side means no inadvertent touching. Button layout is good and consistent with my previous standard keyboard, which had a number pad. Moving the number pad to the right a bit more was not an issue, but I am not entering numbers like crazy such an an accountant might.

Cons: There are two cons that are meaningful for me.
1. They key-action is very cheap and very noisy. More than half the keys rattle with that plastic sound. Every keystroke can be heard but many make me cringe. If you have a cheap keyboard now, you may not notice. I am comparing this keyboard to my previous Logitech K-750 keyboard, which is very quiet and nice. I would have gladly paid an extra $20-$30 for a better quality board with quiet keys. If a better integrated board with quiet keys comes onto the market, I will get rid of this keyboard in a second.
2. The pad/mouse buttons are immediately under pad, which is normal on a laptop but a problem here. With a laptop this works because both hands come to this central point of the pad's location placing the forearms/hand at angles, so one hand is not directly over the other. But the typing key area should be centered on the body, which is important to keep the body symmetric when typing, otherwise you invite pinched nerves and back ache from not being symmetric when typing. This puts the pad to the right, directly in line with the right elbow for my size body. This location is awkward when using the left hand to click/hold down the left button while dragging with the cursor with the right hand, which is necessary for selecting an area. You have to reach across with the left and under the right hand. The right right hand obscures the buttons because it is no longer approaching the pad from an angle. Using some combination of fingers or fingers/thumb on the right hand and avoiding the use of the left hand is difficult (at least for me and I would count myself among the well coordinated for those hoping to discount this issue). I might get used to it though. If you have a standard keyboard now with a number pad to the right, you can mimic this issue by simply putting your right hand pad-pointing-finger on the 2-key in the number pad. This is about where the touch pad will be with this keyboard. Now assume the left button is about where the 0 key is located underneath. Now assume you are trying to hold down the 0 key (proxy for the left button) while moving your right pointing finger around, say to the left, as if you were selecting something on the screen. You can see how awkward this is for you. I will likely get faster at this with motor-memory but at the moment I am not liking it all. It would be great if there were auxiliary mouse/pad buttons (or at least the left button) positioned on left side of the keyboard (under the Ctrl key?) to allow the left hand to click/hold down while the right hand controls the cursor on the pad. Sorry for you left-handed folk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely unreliable, October 7, 2013
Felt I needed to take a moment and warn people off this keyboard. It checked all the boxes for me- built in touchpad, number pad, wireless- but was extremely unreliable out of the box. It would stop responding for minutes at a time, then randomly start responding again. This was after trying various USB ports and installing new batteries, and the wireless distance here is about two feet. Batteries lasted about two days under normal use before the keyboard was complaining about low batteries. This is compared to a Logitech wireless I use in another location, which works fine at over 12' and obstructed, and the batteries last many months.

Bad product- be warned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product with a Couple Design Flaws, October 3, 2011
This is the best keyboard set up I have seen. Having the track pad on the keyboard makes everything faster. Cons for the design include a large USB adapter (bad for laptop users) and it's powered by AAA batteries. The logitech people and adesso need to get together and merge the solar powered keyboard with this one and I'd totally buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the quality for the price, December 27, 2012
The item arrived in a timely manner.

The quality is not the best, keys are pretty mechanical. For the price I would have expected a better product. The 0 (zero) key on the number pad sticks and you really have to press down on it to get it to work.
I would have returned the keyboard but I have moved and misplaced the paperwork it came with, so I ended up ordering another one as this appears to be the only keyboard on the market where the touchpad is located in the middle of the keyboard rather than on the bottom of it.

I do like the touchpad next to the number pad as it does not get in the way when you are typing. For a small desk this is just the right size.

Maybe Adesso could work on the quality of the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Occasionally unreliable, May 15, 2012
T. Browett (Cary, NC, USA) - See all my reviews
I have my PC hooked up to my TV, and was looking for an all-in-one keyboard like this to keep things clutter-free. I spent a while searching around and reading a lot of reviews for various products, and it seems like no one has made a truly reliable wireless touchpad keyboard yet - every one I read about has issues, whether it's an unreliable connection or shoddy design. This one is pretty decent, but not quite reliable enough to justify the price.

Pros:
- It's a good size and shape. Using the touchpad took a week or two to get used to, but it's fairly comfortable now, though still nowhere near as comfortable as a real mouse.
- I never have to worry about turning it on/off, or waiting for it to "wake up" when turning on my PC. It just connects and works instantly.
- Works immediately out of the box with no hassle.
- The last wireless keyboard I tried didn't respond to holding more than two keys down at the same time, making some games impossible to play properly (you can't sprint and jump at the same time, for example). Thankfully, this keyboard doesn't have that problem.

Cons:
- The connection is unreliable. It boasts a wireless range of 30 feet, but even with my PC sitting 2 feet away the whole thing occasionally stops responding for a few seconds at a time. It's not consistent, but this is definitely my biggest issue with the product.
- The cursor speed on the touchpad is far too slow for my liking, while the scroll bar on the side of the touchpad has the opposite problem, and scrolls much too fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard, April 23, 2012
I've had this keyboard for a little while now, and I love it.

I was afraid it was be too small or awkward. However, the design turned out to be great.
The touchpad works perfectly, and the keys are nice and springy.

One problem:
I plugged the USB dongle into the back of my desktop. The keyboard was unreliable even with the keyboard less than 5 feet away from the dongle.
I plugged the USB dongle into the USB port on the top of my computer, and it works perfectly. The range seems to be 30 feet unobstructed.

Couple of small things:
The finish is glossy, so it'll look nice right out of the box. But there will always be finger smudges on it after any kind of use.
The num/caps/scroll lock LEDs are very dim. In the daylight it's tough to tell if they're on or not.
You cannot change the volume with one hand. You need to press FN + f10,f11,or f12. Often I want to mute my music and walk away, and I'm required to put my drink down to mute my computer.

Like I said, they're small things, but it'd be nice if they were taken care of. Sometimes the little things take something from good to great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, July 27, 2011
This wireless keyboard with integrated touch pad with numerical keypad is amazing. Has media center controls. Its wonderful to move and have complete freedom. Highly recommend trying one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't always stay connected and no touchpad driver, May 6, 2013
Tom H "starry173" (Grand Rapids, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Overall, it's an OK keyboard, but I couldn't give it more than 2 stars.

For starters, there is no touchpad driver that would allow me to speed up the cursor movement or deactivate touch-clicking. For some reason, the cursor movement is very slow. Too slow. And no way to change the behavior. I hooked up a separate touch pad (also without a driver) and the cursor movement worked wonderfully. I wonder why that is. Shouldn't the touchpad behavior at least be consistent without a driver?

Also, sometimes when I turn on the PC, the keyboard won't work at all. At first, I thought I was having problems with batteries getting used up way too fast. But that wasn't the problem. It had lost it's connection. There is a connect button underneath the keyboard that I will try next time it happens (it has happened about 5 times so far since I purchased it)...the thing that got it working for me so far was taking the battery out and putting it back in. So probably, turning it off and back on would have worked as well. I have just never run into anything like this with other manufacturers of wireless keyboards.

I wouldn't personally use this keyboard (it was bought for a different workstation). The person who wanted it bought it for how it was layed out. I've bought one other keyboard by Adesso before (for the same person) and that had no touchpad driver either. What is it with Adesso and drivers?

3.0 out of 5 stars Usually does the job, but stock up on batteries., August 27, 2014
Rob in VA (Richmond VA USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted a wireless keyboard with a touch pad because my was getting severe hand pain from my mouse. I searched high and low for something that had the features I wanted at a decent price. Frankly, I was surprised the search was as hard as it was. Anyway, having had this keyboard for several months, here are my primary conclusions:

(1) Does the job. Good, responsive keys. Signal strength has never been an issue.
(2) Wish it had dedicated power keys for things like volume, browser, etc., rather than using Function keys.
(3) Touchpad is hinky. Sometimes too sensitive, sometimes wholly unresponsive (requiring turning off and back on). Doesn't appear that touchpad sensitivity can be changed.
(4) Use the on/off switch. This thing devours AAA batteries.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›