Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on December 6, 2013
Well, the product is incomplete, you can not use it without buying another piece (the j hook) another 7 bucks.... i wished the have put it in the description
33 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2013
Good chest strap, but is not a complete set. You will have to buy the J-Hook camera mount for this strap.
the small mount will put the camera facing down in a 45 degree.
on November 7, 2013
Make sure you know which clip youd like to put in, cause its the only one that will stay in, ever.

I cant get my j hook out of the clamp.

Sliding it in is way more work then needed compared to OEM mounts

The guy that made this overdid the specs and made them way tighter then theyre supposed to, and I cant even get out the j hook with pliers squeezing on both ends and trying to push it out, pretty sure im gonna have to snap it off, ridiculous
on November 11, 2013
I don't recommend this. Its cheap and I had issues using some of my clip attachments in it. But who knows, they said I was the first person to have issues. It was nice that they refunded me my money but now I don't have one of my J-hooks cause its stuck in it.
on December 31, 2013
This was much cheaper than the chest mount made by Go Pro. It is essentially the same thing save for one key element: it is missing the adapter that you will need if you want to shoot straight ahead. Without it, the best you can achieve is an angle that would aim at the tip of your snowboard (or about that distance if doing something else) because the mount prevents a perpendicular view. If you have that adapter (just a small curve outward), then this is a great deal. If not, it can be found in the grab bag package of mounts for about $20. Something to think about.
on January 2, 2014
This harness and camera mount are a great buy. I almost didn't get it due to reviews complaining that the clip was too tight. I have had no issues, the J clip that came with my hero3 black edition works fine, in and out with ease The harness has elastic straps, and does not restrict my movements at all. I'm a big guy, 6 2 and 270 and fit is comfortable with ski clothes. I even put the harness on backwards to film my skiing buddies as they followed me down the mountain, worked great. Came in two days for a third of the price of the OEM
on May 12, 2014
I like the fit of the harness and the speed with which it arrived.
What I am not happy with is that it does not come the attachment for the camera.
The ones I have will not allow it to stand flat against my chest.
Now I have to find the small part.
FYI - I did notice on the Junior version is comes with that attachment.
on January 1, 2016
As other reviewers stated, it is tight to mount a camera onto this harness. Likewise it is more difficult to remove a camera from this harness; I consider this a good thing when participating in exuberant activities.

As others have said you will find it easier to use a J-mount rather than the standard mount. Some downgraded the Chest Harness because it was not included, I don't recall seeing anything stating that it was included with the purchase.

I am 6'3" and weigh in at around 230 pounds. It is easily adjustable for a snug and comfortable fit. At the other extreme, I sized it to its smallest size, then pinned the torso straps even smaller before placing it on my 7 year old niece before turning her loose in a tourist attraction. That was an entertaining video. I haven't used it enough to know for sure how resilient the elastic in the straps will be.

I have used it while bicycling and find it not to be well suited for this activity. The reason being that the scene becomes framed by my arms. A helmet or handlebar mount would be better in this situation. That was on a road bike with drop handlebars. The bracketing is a bit more acceptable when on a mountain bike. I had great fun using it while practicing bait casting with a dummy lure; the family dog would chase the rubber "plug" and I would play her like a bass.
on July 13, 2015
Very good quality build. As good as original Gopro product but at a fraction of the cost. Straps and buckles were well made. Harness is adjustable to various chest sizes. My J-mount fits the chest mount perfectly. However, the J-mount is not included in the package. You will need the J-mount otherwise your Gopro will not point towards the front. I have stopped buying original Gopro accessories since there are so many third party manufacturers out there who make quality Gopro products and sell them so much cheaper than the originals. And they all work perfectly. save yourself some money and buy third party.

I highly recommend this chest harness.
on March 7, 2016
Each strap mount has its purpose and eventually you will figure out which one is better for a certain activity.I prefer using the chest mount harness when biking to capture the scenery and training I'm going at. It gives my audience a better perspective of my own view when biking.