Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley

on December 8, 2011
I was skeptical about this thermometer at first, because I also bought an Admetior freezer thermometer and the needle stuck at the 58 degree mark. Regardless, I placed this oven thermometer in my oven and set the oven to 425 degrees to bake a pizza. But the thermometer was reading about 250 when it should have been reading 425.... so I thought.

As it turns out, my oven takes much longer to heat up than I thought, because as the pizza baked, the thermometer eventually registered 425 right on the button. Not only does this little gadget seem to be spot-on accurate, but it taught me something about my oven that has helped me considerably in my baking since.

UPDATE: After using this thermometer for nearly two years now, it's still working perfectly. Whether I bake at 325, 350, 400, or 450, this simple, little gadget is spot-on. Impressive.
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2013
I chose this thermometer on the basis of the strong reviews. But I wanted to troubleshoot an oven that I don't think is working, so I was a little concerned at some of the critical reviews.

To check accuracy, I bought 2 identical Admetior thermometers. I put both thermometers in one oven that seemed to be working correctly. Any difference in readings meant that one or both of the thermometers had to be wrong. I set the oven at 200 degrees F. After ten minutes, both thermometers displayed the same reading of 200 degrees. I repeated this procedure with the oven set at 300 degrees and 400 degrees; same result.

Based on this experiment, the quality control on these thermometers seems excellent: they give the same reading in the same environment. Moreover, based on the oven thermostat, they give the correct reading. I will now move on to checking another oven that I suspect is not working correctly.

If these thermometers break down or get stuck, as one critic reported, I'll file a supplemental review.

Meanwhile, I'm quite pleased that for a little more than $10 I can troubleshoot my oven with confidence.

Update: 13 may 2015: both still working fine.
on February 7, 2012
The house thermostat set on 70 degrees this thermometer reads 70 degrees. Heated oven to 400 degrees. Thermometer read 400 degrees.

This is great for proofing bread. I also use it to heat herbs in oil to make salves.

Sometimes I use the toaster-oven to bake small amounts and this thermometer works well there too.

All in all very pleased with purchase.

02/27/2013 Still working great!!!
on October 9, 2011
This is as basic and simple an oven thermometer as you will find. It does the job with no problem. The clip is helpful for a basic oven, or the base is convenient for a toaster oven. If you're looking for a simple and helpful oven thermometer, this is the one to buy.
VINE VOICEon April 1, 2012
The Admetior Kitchen Oven Thermometer was purchased to check our oven temperature and the cycle of temperature changes it undergoes through the baking process. We have had doubts about the correctness of the reading on our oven since items like pizza and bread get burnt on the bottom or over-done. The Thermometer has helped us figure out the problem. It told us that the temperature reading on the oven was eventually correct but several minutes after the oven registered a given temperature. In other words the oven said 350 for example but the heating element was still red for some time. This caused the burnt bottom. The thermometer registered this discrepancy. We found that waiting a little extra time before putting the "pizza" in the oven ended the burnt bottom. The nominal cost of the thermometer really made a difference for our baking.
on November 23, 2011
Just the right size and the temp gauge seems to work perfectly. Seems study enough and the numbers are large enough for me to see when I'm peeking into the oven. No more burned cookies!
on June 29, 2012
I purchased this just a couple of months ago after reading how helpful oven thermometers are. I put it in my oven, and after a week or two, noticed that it was stuck at 300. Granted, it wasn't expensive, but I was hoping it would last for longer than that! So buyer beware with this one...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 31, 2013
If you're reading this chances are like me you love to cook. my Grandmother and Mother were sesnational cooks and I grew up spending many aftenoons enjoying watching dishes being prepared and served. I learned the importance of using the best ingreidants you could find, a good chefs knife and good pots - and of course the right themperture. Rasing the oven from 325 to 475 does not and never will make your dish cook faster.

This of course was demonstrated many times by the Three Stooges who never seemed quite to grasp the concept.

Anyway our ancient delapitated nuclear reactor of an oven finally drew it's last breath and we bought a new stove. I know they used to calibrate the stoves some time ago - so I ordered this this little gem and was very pleased to see the temp was perfect at 300, 325, 350, 400 and so on. It can sit stable on the rack or hang from one higher up. It's easy to read and ea lot to store. You can pay a lot for an oven thermometer but why when this one by Admetior has a wonderful reto look and only costs a few dollars.

Plus with my Prime membership the entire order shipped wwith Free second day shipping to boot. Making this buy that much sweeter
on October 19, 2011
We already had a thermometer but we were'nt sure if it was accurate (Taylor) which my husband trusted the name...we purchased this one to compare and they match almost perfect... Quite happy with it!
on February 6, 2013
My inlaw's oven never seems to cook correctly - and you never want to argue with your inlaws over the holidays - I decided, based on the reviews of others, to try this thermometer - and after testing it in my kitchen, I got a 2nd one for their Christmas stocking!

Now for the bad news - and why it only gets a 4 star review. It is "cheap". The base is too small to really sit anywhere, but it is too big to fit on racks without being in the way. So I ended up hanging it - either on a rack or on the side. I'm always moving it, but I leave it in.

Bottom line though, it was pretty accurate and helped us have a nice Christmas eve dinner!