Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on August 29, 2011
I purchased this book when it was recommended to me by Michael Rafter (Broadway Music Director, husband to Jeanine Tesori, and Founder of the week long intensive Destination Broadway). It has about 50 colleges with theater and musical theater programs. Each college has about 3 pages where they answer questions like what they want to see in applicants, audition pieces they never want to see again, and such. It also lists all the general info like how many are accepted into the theater department, and expense. There's also a section of tips for your college auditions. It's a GREAT buy and is worth the price!!!

~A serious 15 y/o who's passionate about musical theater
on November 15, 2011
If you are planning on applying to a theater or musical theater program....you must read this book! Chelsea Cipolla and John West have done an extraordinary thing here. Not only do they prep you on auditioning for colleges and choosing the right program- they also have interviewed many of the top programs and their department heads with questions including: What do you look for in a student? What is one song you never want to hear again in an audition? What's the best way to follow up after auditioning? And many, many more!

Want to go to NYU? Emerson? Ithaca? You should read this book. Hear straight from the school (over forty of them!) what they specifically want in an applicant and audition. I haven't read anything quite like it.
on August 24, 2013
I purchased this book as a gift for a young friend who aspires to a career in the theatre. As she winds down her final year of high school, I imagine this book will be very helpful in navigating the arduous process of applying to fine arts programs around the country. I wish that I had had a book like this when I was in high school.
on November 16, 2011
Admit One was 100% necessary in my college search. I would have been totally lost without this book. It helped me choose the theatre school and program that was right for me, and was WAY more informative than my school counselors. The interviews with the program heads of each of the schools were particularly helpful. All the big questions that I had about a particular school's program were answered, which really helped me narrow down my search. A MUST read for all college juniors and seniors who want to go to school for theatre.
on January 5, 2014
Chelsea was my acting coach at TVi, later my friend and I picked up her book. It was wonderful! It truly helped me figure out what I needed and wanted for college. Great job Chelsea!
on February 20, 2013
What is enclosed in the book is good info but not nearly a good representation of all creative colleges to review. There were additional colleges mentioned at the end with little detail.

I was encouraged there was a web address which I suspected would have a bounty of updates on colleges...instead info on hiring the authors to be acting coaches. Harumph! You'll do fine going to your local library and cultivating the info from free resources. It is not hard to review creative colleges yourself- just takes a little more time.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse