4 out of 5 stars
Platform for Display: PC DiscChange
Price:$2,939.99 - $2,999.99

on May 11, 2013
Platform for Display: PC Disc
Even basic creative editing software can be overwhelming until you become familiar with the workspace and tools.

Adobe products are mostly geared to serious hobbyists and professionals. There are so many tools, panels, palettes, and menus that it can quickly become overwhelming. Expect to read a lot, watch videos, and ask for help. Even after using this for a couple of years, I keep a shelf full of reference materials nearby. No matter how familiar you are with the software, there is always more to learn.

If you are dabbling you might want to stick with Paintshop or Elements. Their workspace is not completely intuitive either, but the investment is less. The last time I used those programs was when PSP X2 was out, so it has been awhile. I liked both. I preferred PSP for photography but found elements had cleaner programming and did cleaner extractions , etc. it also let me be lazier because the filters and actions did the work for me. I am glad that I started with PSP because it was a good place to learn with less investment. It forced me to learn the basic building blocks because it was not as feature rich as Photoshop. Remember, even though actions and filters are nice and can really improve your work flow and efficiency, they are not perfect. If you do not understand the basics of what they are doing, you will be frustrated because you can not correct the results you get from them.

CS6 is supposedly the last boxed edition you can buy. They are moving strictly to a subscription based model. I last purchased cs5.5 and installed it. I only got the Design Premium because the full edition was a bit expensive for me. I am a hobbyist. I am not an industry professional and do not sell my services. In January I got the subscription version not knowing its complete value. I wanted to play with video editing software and the CC made that possible for me finally.

Wow. Impressive. Even though the software is bulky and complicated if you are new to it, adobe makes the different programs work to make your design life easier if you know how to use them. The software individually streamlines your Work flow as well as each piece plays well together. Example, indesign is primarily for layout and design for publishing. It lets you edit directly from illustrator and photoshop and have changes occur instantly in indesign. Multi media is also easily added to indesign projects. The creative cloud takes this a step further and attempts to streamline app making for iPads /tablets.

Creative Cloud is robust and impressive. Their Behance is beyond impressive. No other design software company connects you with the industry in that way. Post your résumé, search for professional industry jobs. Nice.

The software is very powerful and CC offers features already that won't be found on CS6.

In any case, the Master Collection offers like 20 or so pieces of software. You are not paying for one piece of software here, it is a large collection of professional software. Very nice if you are a software junky and good at learning highly technical software. If you are only going to use one of the pieces of software, it might be overkill. You also should be aware that the video software items require a 64 bit computer.

If you are uncertain, try the free trial version first. If you are ambitious, jump in! Be prepared to start a very intimate relationship with highly caffeinated beverages and your desk chair. It is a process to be sure, but once learned, very addictive.

As a side note, the best way to learn is by taking a class. UND (University of North Dakota) offers several online classes that are only ninety nine dollars plus books, etc. to get you started. Have fun!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 24, 2013
Platform for Display: PC Disc
When my Master's CS6 expired I immediately contacted support, the guy was a jerk, I repeatedly had to ask for a manager, the manager gave me the run around too. Here is a copy of my tech support.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:34:13 AM PDT
Wow, when I look at the Proof of Purchase it clearly shows that the master's collection was purchased on 08/07/2012 at 2:28PM
and that I purchased CS6 Design Web Premium on 8/07/2012 at 1:17PM,
So I don't understand how you can say that you don't see the purchase date.
I am going to do as you say, and contact the reseller and demand a refund. I am also going to post this on amazon and every other website that sells your product so that people know that you are lying about not being able to see the purchase date.

Notes to Customer

Monday, September 23, 2013 6:33:10 AM PDT
Hello Sal,

Thank you for contacting Adobe.

We appreciate your patience and we apologize for the delay in response.

Sal, we are sorry to hear that you are getting invalid serial number
error. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for
submitting the Proof Of Purchase. We regret to inform you that we are
unable to assist you with the serial number as we are unable to see the
purchase date. Hence, we request you to
please provide us the valid Proof Of Purchase (POP), if you don't have
the Proof Of Purchase, we request you to contact the reseller and
request for duplicate copy of invoice, so we can check and assist you
accordingly.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us
via live chat.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:08:45 AM PDT
Here is a third copy of my proof of purchase.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:28:49 AM PDT
Still waiting for you guys to reply, I submitted the proof of purchase twice already.

Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:27:44 PM PDT
Another document

Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:23:40 PM PDT
Issue one; Adobe CS6 Master Collection for Windows The serial number was incorrectly marked as expired,

Issue two; Adobe CS6 Design Web Premium for Windows The serial number was incorrectly marked as expired.

Notes to Customer

Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:45:58 AM PDT
Hello Sal!
Thank you for contacting Adobe.
We are sending this email regarding to our chat interaction.
We will keep the case open for you once this chat ends, then you can log into your Adobe.com account under view My support information, open cases you will be able to view the open case.
Once you submit the Proof of purchase the relevant team will review it and will receive an email notification within 2-3 business days
Please do contact us if you need any further assistance and we would be more than happy to help you.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 31, 2014
Platform for Display: PC DiscVerified Purchase
Adobe CS6 Master Collection was everything I needed.
Thanks Adobe maybe I'll see you in the cloud(s) sometime soon.
Thanks again.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Platform for Display: PC Disc
I am on the verge of buying the CS6 master suite and want to know if 7 is about to come out. I couldn't get a answer to that question from Adobe themselves....but I noticed there were only 10 versions of 6 left to buy in amazon, which usually means that another version is on its way. Has anyone heard? I would certainly hate to pay over 2000.00 for an obsolete out of the box item.
Please help me out if you know.
Thanks.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 29, 2013
Platform for Display: PC Disc
I'm a photography major and the CS6 master collection was included in my courses. I Use Photoshop and lightroom almost everyday and love both. I'm also having a lot of fun with flash and illustrator.

I would never buy it though, it's totally expensive and although I'm happy I got it I think they are making it way over priced. They probably make most of their money by selling it to schools like mine.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 24, 2012
Platform for Display: PC Disc
I just got the upgrade from adobe thinking it would be cheaper than buying it piecemeal. It turns out the technical specifications are a lie. First, about half of it will not install with XP. Second, I've only used photoshop so far but I can't see the difference between CS6 photoshop and CS4photoshop. And there's no tutorial to show you. And all the little teasers they had on youtube, I'm not finding them on photoshop.

Quite disappointed.

Yet another problem. When you try to open a file in photoshop you can no longer view a preview in the open dialogue box. You are forced to use bridge (apparently the purpose of eliminating the preview) and keep it open or to turn on the thumbnails for all your files. But if you turn on the thumbnails the psd files will not show you a preview. You will just get an icon.

I cannot understand why abode would do this to their users unless they really, really hate them. Or maybe by forcing you to keep bridge open, using up your memory, it allows them to spy on their users all the time, see what they are working on if they want. If you have CS5 I suggest you not upgrade.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 10, 2012
Platform for Display: PC Disc
I love this product i had to have it all but if you just need a simpler version here is a product selector guide.

[...]

Adobe Master Collection CS6 Software for Windows
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...