4.0 out of 5 stars Works for what I need
Published on April 10, 2012 by Marvin R. Hamon

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Version-Do not buy!
I have used all versions of Adobe Acrobat from version 4.0 up to this X version and this is a major step backwards. I tried giving this product a few weeks of use to familiarize myself with it as my first impression was so bad. My initial opinion remains unchanged.

Published on February 14, 2011 by Trent Knox

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Version-Do not buy!, February 14, 2011
Trent Knox "TK" (Huntington, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)

Pros: as compared to the prior Version--A glitch that would sometime create a duplicated image at the bottom of some optimized scanned in pages has been fixed(it should have been fixed with an free update on 9).

Cons:
Everything else!-Including:
--It results in Larger Files Sizes for optimized scans compared to Version 9(even though it says otherwise in the description)!
--For simple PDF files, the file size is not reduced at all, as it claims to do.
--Still has not fixed bugs in creating Office files using the included MS Office icons(Tech support confirmed this will probably not ever be fixed)-but yet those non-working icons still start up every time I start office up even though I have disabled them several times.
--It should be free if anything as this is a mere upgrade-and even if it were free I would say stick with 9.x!
--Menus are much more confusing and must have been changed just for the sake of trying to say this is a different version.
--I have yet to find the option to save as B&W instead of a color scan--something easy to do on the prior versions.
--Every time I start it up, it makes a pop under window advertising the programs new features (haven't seen a way to it disable yet)
--I have yet to find the "Replace Pages" option which is something I used alot--Now I must delete, then add. I guess this is a step back to 1995 or something!

I am a computer savvy person and maybe somewhere buried in menus there are fixes to some of these problems but this program stinks big time. Shame on Adobe! If you need a version get 9.x or older.

1.0 out of 5 stars A large step backward, February 16, 2011
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
This release is a real stinker, and the more you know the worse it gets. It is far less flexible than earlier versions. To wit:

1. Even if you are the digital signer making documents, security settings block you from reducing your file size, deleting erroneous sigs, etc. In earlier versions you could make the changes and re-validate. Not here. So, let's say you sign a large document with lots of pictures, and see that the file is large. You then want to reduce file size. No dice - can't be done

2. One can no longer print a PDF to a PDF in adobe. This change really sucks for advanced users. You are basically wedded to the authored pdf and can never start afresh with making a PDF from a PDF. Let's say you want to get rid of annotations and bloatware by reprinting into a smaller footprint.

Power users should avoid this release at all costs.

Other users should too.

I'd urge buyers to do their homework and return within the 30 day window.

1.0 out of 5 stars Compared to 9, Acrobat X is an abortion. Period., August 24, 2013
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
1 star is too kind. When customizing the toolbars, they got rid of the drag and drop feature. Now you have to navigate to a screen where you can use arrows to adjust the icons. Did Adobe just hire some toolbags from Palm or something? I'm really glad that they got rid of the "find" box as well. Taking the most used feature and hiding it was a great idea. . Nice move making it so that the properties feature can't dock with the toolbar anymore. It's much easier to work with something that is permanently floating around in space. They changed the look of every icon --so they are now unrecognizable. They also renamed a slew of tools --without changing their functions! To make version 10, all they did is throw version 9 in a blender! I'm having my company replace this turd with version 9. I love you Adobe --but keep the interns away from Acrobat!

1.0 out of 5 stars Erratic, slow, and bloated, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
Acrobat X is very buggy, its behavior is erratic, it is slow and it is bloated. It is more difficult to find features or turn them off than in the past. There should be a way to globally reset all preferences from the front end -- similar to Photoshop's ALT-CTRL-SHIFT combination when starting. This is one of the very worst (if not the worst) versions of Acrobat ever released by Adobe. Adobe is in the habit of moving its product line way too fast. There is no need for so many new versions in such a short period of time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for what I need, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
This is the first version of Acrobat I have used and it works like a charm for me. I have read the reviews of many people who have used previous versions and think this one is not that great but luckily for me I have nothing to compare it to. I mainly use it to markup PDF files, edit PDF files, and touch up engineering drawings. I'm not a big power user but for what I do it works fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is by far the WORST product Adobe has ever produced, October 23, 2013
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
I have always been a big fan of Acrobat and have used it to create hundreds of documents. Everthing good about all the previous versions of Acrobat is gone in this "X" version. I had to double check and make sure this was a "Pro" version and it says it is. You can't access tool properties in the toolbars anymore, you can't right click and modify properties of a text box. This product is basically useless for document creation. TOTAL waste of money from a company the usually puts out industry leading products. We though Microsoft learned a lesson with vista, then we got Windows 8 which is even worse; hopefully Adobe will forget this version was ever released and just for back to Acrobat 8 or 9.

2.0 out of 5 stars I never received any discs, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
All I ended up with was a key code from the guy. IT worked but I thought I was buying a legit copy. Turns out guys like my reseller are IT guys at their day job where they puchase mulitple license codes. What this guy did was sell me one of their license codes.

SCAMMMM!! Though the software works I know I will receive no upgrade credit from Adobe in the future. Amazon should weed guys like this out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels like old software design, September 10, 2012
A. Wood (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
This software does A LOT, much of the PDF creation I do is done by the OS on the mac but I bought this for one primary reason. ..compression, and it doesn't fail me in that area. Every single third party PDF compression software I have considered utilized the very capable, but-not-suitable-for-PDF-compression, quartz-compression technology and each software has their own compression implementation but nothing ever got as close to the compression and quality as Acrobat X. Five stars for compression. I can make a 30 mb PDF about 3-5 mb after compression with no visible loss in quality.

The feature that I wish would work better is combining PDFs. The tool to use it feels old and isn't very easy to use. When you add all your files to the list of PDFs to be combined you must move them to the correct order before combining and to do this requires way to many clicks. I have to select the PDF to move *Click*, it has to go down eight rows so i move my mouse pointer to the down button, *click**click**click**click**click**click**click**click*, select another PDF to move *click*, it has to go up 13 rows so i move my mouse pointer to the down button, *click**click**click**click**click**click**click**click**click**click**click**click**click*, etc, etc. I wish I could select it and drag it in the order it needs to be.

This software is going on 2 years old at the time I purchased it, so I'm not very happy about that, I'm sure an update is around the corner, but I wasn't able to wait. I really want to give it 5 stars, however, it is just so old and and update would benefit from the 2+ years of OS development that has occurred since it was originally programed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Serial number is "invalid", August 30, 2012
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
I bought this software, but my mac wouldn't let me install it, and told me to contact Adobe, so I did. They said that the serial number on the box was "invalid." I have requested a refund from Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Adobe X is the worst!, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac] (DVD-ROM)
Locks up all the time. I have spent hours with IT to get this figured out. Stay on an older version.

Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac]