5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent

2.0 out of 5 stars Emphasis on PIC organization
Published on February 16, 2012 by William S. Beller

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 13, 2011
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I have PSE 9 and I ungraded to PSE 10. I read through Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 Classroom in a Book and found it to be excellent! When I upgraded to 10, it wasn't a second thought on whether or not to get this book. The two books are most definately similiar, however, the new features for 10 are explained in this book. Reading this book also is a great refresher on Elements as a whole as well as teaching the new features. Whether or not you are familiar with Elements I stongly suggest getting this book! You may find some features that you have forgotten. Also, a previous review on this book mentions, "Way too much information about the organizer." While it is correct, organization of your photos is a key component to; a photographer and to Photoshop Elements as a whole! Also, there is MUCH more information in this book!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Emphasis on PIC organization, February 16, 2012
William S. Beller "marsen" (Boynton Beach, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
Many years ago I used "Classroom in a Book," and it was excellent. It taught me photo editing. The present "Classroom," though, puts its money on organizing photos, which is needed but not, at least for me, at the cost of less emphasis and prominence given to the editing function. Even with organizing photos, I found the tutorials confusing and I confess I gave up after many hours trying. This does not take away from the remarkable program that Adobe has in its Photoshop series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Photoshop in a classroom, June 19, 2012
great product!! Easy to follow the instructions as well as content on included DVD. If you ever need to understand the procedures of the software, this is a must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth my Purchase!!, April 24, 2012
I totally love this Photoshop Elements. I had been online reading the reviews before I made this expensive purchase and I'm glad I went ahead and bought it. It's great for my family old photos that I have recently received from my mother. You really have to focus and learn the software, but with all the great books and online tutorials, you can totally learn it. You just have to have a lot of time to learn it, which I don't, so it's taking me a while, but I'm getting there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Classroom in a Book turning into a large waste of time, April 28, 2013
After spending FAR too much time on organizing photos I finally got to the chapters where you can turn loose the functionality of this supposedly great product. What I ran into so far leaves me VERY unsettled about both Photoshop Elements and consequently the Classroom in a Book. When I got to chapter 7 (lesson 07) the level of problems I ran into are unprecedented in my experience with this type of software. The book, which I followed to the LETTER, offers absolutely NO explanation for what I have encountered.

The Auto Enhance tools are either corrupted in the software or there is some totally unexplainable setting somewhere that I cannot correct or get any input at all on what it may be. In short, auto levels, auto contrast, and auto color correction ALL change my images to either a negative or a posterized version of the picture as soon as I click them. I have wasted 5 hours trying to resolve this. I am working DIRECTLY from Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Classroom in a book. Chapter / lesson 07 page starting around 169. The images were ALL supplied on the disc. Not to mention that the software does the EXACT SAME thing to any other photo I have tried to edit. It does the same thing in Quick Fix tab auto fixes. It turns the images into either a negative or some kind of posterization. I've found keyboard short cuts on-line for inverting a negative image to a positive but that does not fix what I am experiencing. It only toggles the image back and forth between two different versions of the image. The only way to get back to the original photo is to totally reset or undo multiple times.

Ready to just throw the disks and book out and go buy someone elses software. This after 20 years of working with graphics (photoshop older versions, pagemaker, quark X-press). I just finished Apple pro series for FCP X, Motion Graphics 5, and Compressor. No, I'm not some novice. But if someone cannot give me some idea why this software is totally corrupt then I will give up.

I've searched / googled EVERY forum I can find. They do not work from the main menu or from the quick edit menu. And I cannot find ANY trace of why this is happening. yes, I have totally uninstalled and re-installed the software. If peachpit offers ANY type of support or ideas I would gladly accept. They were totally supportive of issues I had with FCP X. And I used the Motion Graphics 5 book from start to finish. About 3/4 the way through compressor 3.5 (even though I have 4.0) and it's been fine. Will update this review later if issue is ever resolved (and if I can figure out how).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Training Aid, September 14, 2012
The Class Room in a Book for Photoshop Element 10 is stright forward and easy to follow. If anything it shows you all the detailed things you can do in this software which for the occasional user could be overwelming. If you complete the training you will know how to use Element 10 and have a good fall back book should you forget something. Well orgainzed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a Photoshop Elements beginner!, December 11, 2012
Clearly laid out chapters that walk the reader through many (if not most) of PSE's functions.

To get the most out of this book, the reader needs to commit time and do the exercises with the images in the attached CD (or download from the web).

My approach was to read the entire book, and pick out the tid bits most applicable to my current needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars CIB continues to improve, October 31, 2012
Gene (Fairhope AL) - See all my reviews
Adobe's "Classroom In A Book" series gets better with each revision although the section on restoring old photographs has been removed from version 10. Old photos are covered only as an aside. All in all, I consider this version to be an improvement over previous versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, April 27, 2012
i don't know what i would do without my pse 10 book. i pack it in my camera bag when i'm out on a shoot and it's come in very handy.

i recommend it to anyone using pse 10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 10 Class Room In A Book, April 19, 2012
I had Photoshop elements 4 and decided it was time to upgrade. Photoshop Elements 10 is much easier with ,many upgrades makes editing photos much easier and you can do a lot more.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Classroom in a Book
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Classroom in a Book by Adobe Creative Team (Paperback - November 21, 2011)
$44.99 $31.62