4.0 out of 5 stars no problems
I downloaded the mac version to my new iMac running mountain lion (10.8.2). No problems with the download or the installation. Everything went smoothly and I am a technological idiot, so if I can do it, anybody can do it. The software has a bit of a learning curve, but offers way more possibilities than iPhoto.
Published on November 16, 2012 by Lynn

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of Time Machine auto start up
I did too have an issue installing at first but it turns out to be that the file gets corrupted when downloading it if Time Machine (on Macs) begin running. Before downloading, turn off your time machine. On my second try (with Time Machine off), the program installed (and downloaded quicker) and I was able to use the program immediately.

Hope this...
Published on November 16, 2012 by J. Aragon

4.0 out of 5 stars no problems, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 for Mac [Download] [OLD VERSION] (Software Download)

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of Time Machine auto start up, November 16, 2012

Hope this helps.

Update: It doesn't play nicely with iphoto. Deleted some of my pictures. I had to recover from Time machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a swell upgrade to me, November 16, 2012
EMGold "imho" (los angeles, ca) - See all my reviews
Relative to previous reviews, I downloaded the program and installed it without incident. It does report that it's going to take 3 years to download (okay I exaggerate)but it doesn't. While it may be a relatively slow download I was using it in under an hour.

So far I have just clicked thru some of the changes and it all seems like good stuff. I've used Photoshop Elements from the beginning and I'm familiar with many versions. This seems like it could be one of the better ones.

I don't use it to organize photos. I mostly use for cutouts, text and effects to create pdfs that I send out. and it seems like this version could be a step in the right direction.

It has it's own ideas, and doesn't exactly have an elegant relationship with OS X but isn't that usually the case with Adobe?

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, December 31, 2012
C. Brown (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I upgraded from adobe photoshop 8, and was hoping the changes wouldn't be difficult to learn, and was delighted to find that 11 is very intuitive and easy to use--much easier than my earlier versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elements 11, December 28, 2012
Excellant program for improving the looks of all your important photos. Easy to use with many different tools available and great tutorials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophistication and tricks of earlier versions for a fraction of the price of full Photoshop., May 19, 2013
Having Purchased Adobe 3.0 years ago and upgraded several times in the interim, I opted for Elements 11 this time. It had all of sophistication and tricks of the earlier versions for a fraction of the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Upgrade, May 17, 2013
Have used Elements for a long time. I only upgrade when there are significant changes. I am enjoying this version. The last one I had was Elements 9.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, February 27, 2013
Bought the product thru amazon as a download for a new IMac I had just purchased. No problems with the download. The serial # for the product is located in the read.me file. Took me a few minutes to figure that out.

I was previously using Corel Paintshop Pro X4 on a PC LAPTOP. This product seems more intuitive. Very pleased so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price of admission, December 23, 2012
Amazon Customer (Levittown, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm very disappointed with this update. The screen real estate appears underutilized compared to photo elements 10 for Mac. For example, an entire row of the interface is dedicated to the minimize and maximize buttons. In elements 10, the same row had minimize maximize buttons, and many other tools. The tools in general are more awkward to use. One example is the smart fixed feature. You could make a change, then click on the X to undo your change. Now you have to press command Z to undo it. In elements 10 I also like the way all the quickfix tools we're all displayed at once. Now you have to press drop-down lists for each one. I also don't like the "battleship gray" look up elements 11, but I guess that's a personal preference. I highly recommend a 30 day trial before purchasing this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Elements 11 - Love it except for the way files open, March 22, 2013
I like to open many files at once when I'm making photo collages but Elements 11 won't allow me to pull a blank file away from the open ones so I have to copy and paste from one file to another. I prefer drag and drop. Other than that, I haven't found any issues with 11 and it responds much like CS5. In some ways, I like it better than CS5 - for one, 11 has a solid background, which I prefer, rather than a transparent background as in CS5. I am using an IMac.