5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous
upgraded from cs5. amazing updates in the new version, as a professional photographer, the new content aware move tool is worth the upgrade alone, not to mention the amazing updates to adobe camera raw. also, this was very simple to buy, download and send in my educational docs, was approved and received my license code in 8 hours :)
Published on September 11, 2012 by tsp

3.0 out of 5 stars Program is great, but Amazon . . .
I would gladly rate Photoshop CS6 five stars; I had previously used PS CS4, CS3 and earlier versions, and in the short time that I've used this newer edition I've been really impressed with its capabilities and interface.

Published on December 9, 2012 by Aardvark

3.0 out of 5 stars Program is great, but Amazon . . ., December 9, 2012

Unfortunately, I had some issues with registering my copy. When I first received my copy from Amazon (boxed CD), I was a little concerned, because the CD box was unsealed, an old product code sticker had been torn off, and a new one applied. When I attempted to register my copy at Adobe (through Identit-e.com), I got a message saying that my information didn't match that provided on my initial registration. I sent a help request, and was informed that the product code given was already used to register another person! The customer service person at Identit-e was very gracious and helpful - when I sent him a copy of my receipt, and documents confirming my teaching status, he promptly issued me a serial number.

So - three cheers for Identit-e and Adobe, and major concerns about Amazon as a vendor of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Extended CS6 Student and Teacher Edition for Mac [Download] [Old Version] (Software Download)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Bad Vendor..., August 13, 2013
Many reviews have been written about the outstanding capabilities of Photoshop - it's amazing. I will instead focus on something not so amazing - trying to download it.

Adobe nearly went bankrupt 20 years ago because of piracy, so they have really made it difficult to use illegal copies. For that matter, they made it difficult to use legitimate copies as well! In order to use the software, Adobe requires that one enter a product key, which Amazon.com doesn't give to you. Instead, one must go to the Adobe website and get a product key yourself. Because this is a Student and Teacher addition, Adobe really goes out of their way to make sure you're a student or teacher. So far, in fact, that I was forced to submit my report card into their website so they could prove to themselves that I was a student! If you go to a public school or college, you will most likely have it much easier than I did, since my small private school wasn't recognized by Adobe.

The whole thing is a pain. I don't want my personal stuff floating around on Adobe's servers, and I don't want to have to wait a day while some Adobe employee checks out my school. Don't get me wrong - Photoshop is amazing and I think it was worth the effort to get it for three hundred dollars off, but I believe the hassle was completely unnecessary.

Again, if you are a student or teacher at a well known school, you will likely have fewer difficulties than I did. In any event, either Amazon.com or Adobe should figure out a better way to sell their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's PHOTOSHOP, January 27, 2013
Great price and the software is solid. The only downfall to purchasing this item is that you do not get a DVD with the software. Which is very concerning to me. I am told that I can purchase the DVD directly from ADOBE - but I have yet to find it.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a learning curve!, February 26, 2013
but the good news is there are lots of forums,videos and books to help along the way. Now I can take my photography creativity to the top!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 8, 2013
Sultana Sanders (Oregon, United States) - See all my reviews
If you're a student and love photography....this is a must for the price. I bought this for a college class and because I've always wanted a decent editing program. The new features are awesome. The things you can do are only limited by your imagination. Adobe TV has all the step by step tutorials you could want on how to use this program. This also comes with " Adobe Bridge CS6"..an easy media manager that you can access with one click in Photoshop....gets to all your files and photos without having to search around your computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!!!, July 11, 2013
Excellent editing software. Love the new blur effect panel and the content aware tools are very powerful and fast. It's the industry leading for a reason :) So debating and just buy it. It will take your photography to a whole new level.

5.0 out of 5 stars You name it, it will do it!, June 17, 2013
M. Griner (Columbia, SC USA) - See all my reviews
I am no stranger to photography or design software, but this program teaches me something new EVERYDAY! If you can think of it, PS can do it. Well worth the investment for the professional and the semi pro alike. I don't know that I would recommend this to the average user. Only because it is does SO MUCH more than the average user typically needs or wants to do. However, if you're the courageous, adventurous type, and want to spend some money, go for it. I don't think you'll be unsatisfied. Just be ready for a learning curve. It will take awhile to get use to the program and become proficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 29, 2013
It was totally foreign to me at 1st. There are some free online tutorials which helped me get rolling quickly. Though I have not used all of the features I was rolling along pretty well after a week or two. This is a very powerful program for photo editing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do I have the fortitude to really learn it?, May 23, 2013
This is one robust program, but it's necessary for my work as an artist. I got it for even cheaper - the Mac DVD was about $80 cheaper than the PC DVD when I bought it from Amazon.
It is a great program, but be prepared to pay your dues in learning how to use it, if you don't already know.
Get a good book (I use Martin Evening's "Adobe Photoshop for Photographers") which I highly recommend.
Don't expect to learn it over night. Take it easy and you will become the master!