Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 [Download] [Old Version]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 7, 2012
I know Adobe made this product for the professional photographer, but it is also great for the amateur photographer. I would say that it is "especially" useful for the amateur photographer. It is user friendly, very intuitive, very short learning curve, and your photos come out looking great.

The reason it is good for the amateur photographer is because the software lets you know what the photo is lacking, you have the tools to make the change if you want to, or even, make changes that surprise even you. Without knowing it, you are training your eye and as you continue to shoot pictures, you subconsciously are crafting your photo shoots for a better photo. After my first three weeks with this software, my photos improved exponentially! I even entered some photos in a photo contest!

The point is, for amateur photographers, this will improve your quality of photos before you get to the software, and that is the main point. Money well invested.
on September 19, 2012
One of the main concerns I had when I ordered the downloadable version vs the physical software, was that I would only be able to download the product onto one computer, something wouldnt work correctly... overall, I had NO issues. Once downloaded, I went onto my husbands computer and signed into my amazon account. I downloaded the same way on his computer that I did mine.

You will need to go into your account and look in your orders to find the SERIAL #. You will need this to enter in before downloading. They say they will email you the serial # but the receipt comes, but the serial # is NOT included. You must sign into your amazon account and copy and past it after hitting the download button. After its in, to download on the second computer, you WILL have to re-enter the serial # again.

The product is no less than having the software in hand, and to be honest, I love it because its one less box and cartridge to store. Im really enjoying lightroom 4 as it is easy to use for a beginner, and after just a few weeks, I feel like I have learned something new every day. I do not have any other lightroom experience. However, I did read a lot of reviews on the changes, advantages/disadvantages and I will say that the upgrade to this one is great. Most reviews said if you have lightroom 3 already, it would not be worth upgrading yet. Hope this helps!
on September 24, 2012
Well, I purchased LR 4 and was impressed with all the features it has. But wait a minute, why Spot Removal so painfully slow? I have a reasonably good mobile workstation (8-core CPU, 16GB RAM, dedicated nVidia video card, etc.), but the performance of Spot Removal (and some other Develop module features) is just terribly slow. This is reported widely on Adobe Community. Before Adobe addresses this issue, I only give it 2 stars.
===
Update on 11/7/2012: after upgraded to version 4.2, I feel it is much better. Although the performance of Develop module is still not at the level that I would like it to be, I am all happy with it. So 4 stars now.
on January 27, 2013
It has been a long time since I have been so impressed with a software product. After becoming a DSLR user I quickly discovered the advantages of RAW post processing. I used the camera maker's free software (ViewNX) for a while and found it efficient but unstable and slow. I bought PS Elements and found it to be horrendously inefficient and clumsy to use. The workflow was terrible and I was at a loss until I discovered Lightroom. Lightroom was exactly what I was looking for: A program to go through 100s of photos deleting many and editing the best for color, lighting, and other basic and not so basic things.

Watching one highly rated YouTube video on Lightroom was all the instruction I needed and then the sensible interface explained itself. An example of Lightroom's function is it gives you more control than just lighter/darker but rather "make only the highlights brighter/darker" or "make only the highlights in this area brighter/darker". It gives you color sliders that let you pull down or increase one shade of color at a time. I find this super helpful when shooting through windows that add an aqua tint to my images. One quick adjustment and the color looks natural again.

Another thing I love is the great stability of Lightroom. It's not needlessly slow like other less efficient programs and it does not crash. You can tell that it's a well polished program that has very few bugs left. It was clearly designed from the beginning to give users a fast, powerful, and painless workflow with their post processing. There is a certain joy and creativity that comes with post processing when you are able to do it with such a wonderful tool.
on October 12, 2012
Uh yea... Adobe LR4... there is a reason it is the flagship photo editing tool. As a professional photographer LR is an indispensable tool for photo editing and retouching. No, it doesn't have the power of full-blown Photoshop nor does it have the price tag and for it's primary purpose it does everything it should. The software is intuitive with the UI easy to navigate. They have done a good job of making all the tools readily accessible without cluttering the user interface. Neither are a lot of things buried in a hundred menus that are hard to navigate. Rarely do I find myself thinking, "where was the button for that one thing..." That is a tribute to Adobe for really thinking things out.

The filters, effects, and tools in the software are a real bonus as well. A lot of common processing tasks are already built into the software often with a number of variations. For example, to change a color photo into B&W there is an effect available... with about 15 different variations depending on how you want to approach it. Awesome to apply one as a starting point to get you 90% of the way to where you want to be right out of the gate. Rather than splitting the image into each color layer, recombining, rubbing layers through, and adjusting the layer transparencies to finally get at what you want. The ability to quickly apply all of that with one click is a huge time saver and when you have to retouch 100 images from a shoot, these time savers really add up quick.

That being said, although it is a critical part of my workflow, it isn't the only thing in it. I also use Corel Paint Shop Pro in certain situations. For all of LR4's strengths, there are a few things PSP does better/easier. My primary work is in LR4 but I usually break out PSP for a few images per shoot. For me, it is like having a straight screwdriver and a Phillips in the toolbox at the same time.

If you only work casually on a few images and you've outgrown the built-in paint program, Paint Shop Pro might be a cheaper alternative that gives you sufficient image editing power. However, if you take even a moderate number of photos and find yourself reviewing/retouching most of them, then LR4 is for you and well worth the investment.
on August 20, 2012
I really like Photoshop Lightroom. I have been using Photoshop for a long time and was experienced using it. but, I recently had someone recommend and tutor me on Photoshop lightroom and I think it is Awesome!! I process 60 to 100 photos a week and this has dramatically reduced the amount of time I need to edit my photos and increased the quality of the output.
on December 31, 2012
If you shoot in "Raw" then this is your friend. Complete recovery of "blown" shots and a plethora of adjustments to refine your capture. The original capture is retained and a duplicate is modified then saved as desired.
on November 14, 2012
I absolutely love this software. I'm an amateur out-door photographer thats looking to start my own gig on the side. I heard a lot of good stuff about this from reviews so I gave it a whirl. Mind you, I've never used any software like this before so I didn't really know what I was getting. Let me tell you that I absolutely love it. The UI is very easy to use, which I think is crucial. This software has saved so many of my photo's. I don't know what else to say since I am not trained professionally on this stuff, just that its easy to use and I recommend this to anyone especially if they are beginners
on December 23, 2012
I can't recommend Lightroom highly enough for serious digital photographers. At his current price point of $99.99, it is only $30 more than Photoshop Elements 11. Lightroom does so much more than Elements that I can't imagine anyone thinking it is not worth an extra $30. Lightroom handles your entire workflow from import to printing or exporting. It's catalog (organizer) is much better than the last version of Elements I used (9, I believe), but Elements has probably been improved since then. You can apply preset modifications to your photos directly upon import including metadata changes, file name changes, and even some development work. The Develop model allows you to change just about every aspect of your photo from white balance and contrast to sharpening and noise reduction (or adding grain, if desired). You'll probably want to invest in a book or two about using Lightroom to get the most from it -- especially the Develop module. Lightroom also handles printing, exporting your files to CD, the web and social media sites. There are also modules for creating books and web sites from your images. It is a great tool and at $99.99 it is a bargain (I paid $199 and thought I got a great deal when Lightroom 4 first came out).
on May 5, 2013
Every new version of Lightroom which comes out is more powerful, and more comprehensive than before.
When Lightroom v1 came out, it was a nice way of organizing and starting the post-processing, as a prologue to Photoshop.
Today, with Lightroom v5 just around the corner, I use Photoshop on about 1 percent of all my images. amazing.
Whether you're an enthusiast, semi-pro or a full time job photographer, this piece of software is for you.