The manufacturer commented on the review below
4.0 out of 5 stars No instructions on getting student ID verified
Published on April 2, 2012 by Nicole

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Lightroom - Shouldn't have bough the Education version here.
Like others, I purchased the Student & Teacher version of Lightroom for my wife who is taking photography classes at the local college. I purchased LR3 Student from Amazon, but it was a physical copy. I had no issues submitting proof and receiving the license. However, with this software-only version sold on Amazon, the process was difficult at best. Nowhere on the...
Published on May 25, 2012 by Nick Del Regno

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars No instructions on getting student ID verified, April 2, 2012
Nicole (Misawa, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Student and Teacher Edition for Mac [Download] [Old Version] (Software Download)
This product is great, however, when you purchase it, amazon does not give any information on how to acquire the serial number that you need to begin using the product. So, I figured that I would share that info with you so it doesn't take you several days, as it has for me! First, your product code is in your amazon account software section (it says it is a serial number, but it is only a product code). Then you need to go to this website:[...]. Once there, you can register your product, upload a current student ID, and they take about 2 business days to verify your student status.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 7, 2012 8:28:44 AM PDT
Hi Nicole,

Thanks for bringing this up.

The instructions for submitting the product code and validating your student eligibility are contained in a file called "amazon STE ESD instructions.pdf" that's a part of download version. (I've asked the Educational team and Amazon to change the name of this file. They plan to name the file "IMPORTANT - How to validate and activate your product.pdf" to help make this more obvious)

Sorry about that.

User can submit their product code and credentials here: http://www.adobe.com/go/edu-validate

Additional details on the program here:

Eligibility for education purchasing

Who is eligible: http://adobe.ly/yzI0iI

Proof of eligibility: http://adobe.ly/ayuOrZ

Education store FAQ | North America

Jeff Tranberry
Adobe Systems, Product Manager, Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive control, great interface and easy download, May 31, 2012
I see a number of reviews on here giving the product a low number of stars. Regardless of the confusion one might have had with the download, you must admit that the product itself is worth much much more than two or three stars.

I have only had Lightroom 4 for 24 hours and already I am blown away by the new controls and high level of shadow and hilight recovery is now available to me. Even auto settings for color and exposure are really really close to perfection. I was surprised at how delightful my black and whites turned out with the channel sliders. I think I will enjoy this new version of Lightroom a lot. Adobe doesn't disappoint.

I had an easy time getting my license. Not only can you use the product in Trial mode for 30 days, in case you need to send anything into Adobe, but you can also simply use your college email quickly for registration. It was that simple. I can see how there may be frustrations with those who do not have an email address associated with their school, but in Trial mode, you can buy yourself quite a bit of time to get Adobe the documents they need.

I am very pleased with the product and Adobe and Amazon's delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps a bit too harsh., March 5, 2013
David Magee (JONESBOROUGH, TENNESSEE, US) - See all my reviews
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Student and Teacher EditionI used LR4 with Windows and it worked well. If you try to use the Mac edition with Mountain Lion, it shuts down iPhoto and locks up your photo files. Efforts to recover the files caused some corruption of iPhoto. It just leads from one incompatibility to a really serious problem. Amazon, it seems, does not offer any refund options on this download. An expensive mistake!

After further review, I have raised my rating of Lightroom. Everything I said is true, but once I updated Lightroom to the latest revision, all of my photos on all drives were retrieved by Lightroom. The four star rating is due to the learning curve, but the software is performing as it should.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Adobe Product, November 22, 2012
J. Franzel (Littleton, CO) - See all my reviews
I generally am not a big fan of Adobe products but I really like Lightroom 4 on the Mac. It is generally really usable, intuitive, fairly stable, and a pleasure to use. I am not a professional photographer but a power user with a lot of photos to organize and 'clean up' (color adjust, crop, etc). There is some learning curve to understand all the features, and shortcuts on how to use it efficiently, but once you figure this out, its a pleasure to use. Plan on taking several hours to weeks to learn all the features. Several online tutorials and other articles allow you to easily learn the features. Additional plugins available further expand its capabilities, and make very customizable for your needs. So easily recommended for anyone who wants to do more than basic photo organization, and wants to put in the time to learn how to use efficiently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied., October 18, 2012
Very satisfied with this product. I needed to purchase this for a class I was taking and I appreciated that Amazon had the student download so that I could get it quickly, and for a great price! The download was very quick and easy!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, July 30, 2012
loooove Lightroom 4! it's great! I liked that it was a download, made life so much easier! Thanks so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars intuitive and just amazing, July 8, 2012
I'm typically not a big Adobe fan, having had compatibility difficulties with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Specifically, had (still having) trouble using my Nik Software and Topaz filters w/ all Adobe products, including Lightroom 4.1. However, Lightroom 4.1. (even though I have to go through a great deal of trouble to use my filters such as launching another application) is just amazing. I've never taken so fast to an application and could more or less figure things out on my own and only needed the tutorials to do more complex processing. Not only are my photos looking great but I actually think I'm learning more about photography and post-processing the more I use Lightroom. I'm learning to look more closely at photos and images and think this application has made me more appreciative of visual elements such as color, composition, perspective, sharpness/blurring, depth of focus, etc. I shoot in RAW and it's unbelievable how you can recover and fix shots. Over and under-exposure, white balance adjustment, CA correction, distortion, etc. can all be fixed easily. Lightroom 4.1 is truly a must-have application. Since I'm an educator, I got the student/teacher discount and had no problem w/ verification and was using it w/in minutes after downloading it. Those w/out a university or school email address (.edu) may encounter problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightroom 4, June 25, 2012
David (Ben Wheeler, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This is for my wife. She is really into photography and she loves this program! It's the best fit for the looks she wants to create! So glad we bought it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Final decision, July 3, 2013
I recently got a bit more serious about photography and found that I needed a better editing program. After a lot of research I purchased lightroom. So far I am very happy with it and have no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightroom 4 Student Edition, May 21, 2013
Downloaded the software perfectly. Works perfectly. I love the program and downloading software is a lot faster than buying and having it shipped to your house.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›