Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 27, 2013
I purchased the Mac version of Photoshop Elements 11 however Apple considers Adobe to be predator software. DO NOT import your iPhoto library as Adobe will not recognize your Albums or Events and you will end up with a debris field of random folders with meaningless numeric names. In my case 300,000 photos were scattered into over 500 random albums. There is no "Select All" therefore each individual folder must be deleted one at a time.
Adobe Phone Support is available only on a fee basis. My Free Chat with India lasted 90 minutes with no resolution on how to delete multiple folders or Catalogs. Albums in iPhoto must be converted to folders, then placed on your Mac desk top and individually imported. Apple stopped allowing Albums/Folders in the Finder in 2005 to discourage your purchase of Adobe third party software!
on January 2, 2013
I just needed the Photoshop part, but got the combo in case I had time to play with videos too.

I've used the full version of Photoshop at a previous design job, but I didn't need all those functions anymore. I bought this to play with images for Powerpoint lessons and similar simple tasks. It has all the features I need so far. It has all the color adjustments I need, plus layers, and the ability to save in a variety of formats and resolutions/sizes. This does all that and a lot more.

My only beef is that it's not as easy to zoom in and out on the fly. But that might just be me not knowing the ins and outs of the software just yet.

For the price I paid ($75) I believe it was a great bargain.
on December 6, 2012
I really don't do much work in Photoshop. Most of my photo editing comes from editing levels, dodging and burning, and tweaking colors in Aperture (similar to Lightroom). What I *do* use Photoshop for is when I absolutely need to make a composite image from two sequential shots to make one image where nobody is blinking, overlay text, or do major editing that requires layers and overlay tools. So it's a tool that I use, but don't live in.

The Elements products are a great way of getting the most-used tools in their most updated forms in a fairly easy-to-use interface. At times, the interface does feel a little bit *too* simplified, especially if you're used to the full-blown versions of Photoshop, but you learn quickly. Some of the filters and functions are only available in 8-bit mode, which brings down the fidelity of your images a bit, and there are limitations placed on certain functionality, so if there is something that you absolutely need, it pays to check the docs or download a trial version before buying. Fortunately for me, the Liquify filter is here, and does what I need it to.

At the time of purchase, it was actually cheaper for me to buy the Photoshop + Premiere bundle than it was to buy the Photoshop Elements product by itself, so it was a no-brainer. Plus, I can use Premiere Elements to piece together a few short videos and add them into the deliverables along with the edited photos. Bands in particular love if you can give them a few nice 15-20 second clips that wasn't taken on an iPhone. I'm not looking to get into movie-making, but it's nice to have that ability.

I'd say that most amateur photographers could easily get away with using Aperture/Lightroom plus Photoshop Elements. I found it to be more cohesive and reliable than Gimp, and $99 for a legit copy of something that's an integral part of your workflow really isn't that bad at all.
on May 5, 2013
It has been some time since I used Photoshop Elements, and the editor itself is still pretty good. My heartburn comes from the Organizer, which is pretty lame.

I have a fairly modern computer and with about 50,000 photos (190Gb worth), the Organizer is a dog. It is slow, and it locks up frequently. Even backing up the catalog requires 180Gb of file space - which is ridiculous. Why does a backup take up so much room?

I also have Photoshop Lightroom, which is basically a high-end organizer, and it behaves a lot better. Although I'll have to upgrade from Ver 3 at some point.

Thing is, if you want to buy Elements for photo editing, it works very well. But if you have a decent number of photos, forget the Organizer.

Update. After extensive use of Premiere Elements (the video editor) the time lapse function is nothing short of lame. You can capture a time lapse from the webcam - which is worthless. It would be nice if you could capture a time lapse from a video you made with a camera! And if you try to make a time lapse with individual photos - your only choice is 30fps. Even the lowly Quick Time Pro Player is better than that.

While it has some nice features, it seems like yet again Adobe does not understand it's customer's needs. Come-on, capture time lapse video is limited to the web cam? Stupid!
on February 10, 2013
I've used Photoshop and Premiere Elements since it came out many years ago. Love the products. For newbies, both products are fairly easy to use right out of the box. Both are crammed with professional features that are very impressive. Like many software products--the more you use it, the better it gets. I'm constantly learning something new. (However, Adobe Premiere could definitely add more transitions and special effects. It also lacks menu customization--it would be nice to use my own images and layouts for the menus...not the sometimes, cheesy or plain templates. So only 4 stars.) Otherwise it's very powerful and a great value.

Quick start features and built-in tutorials are very helpful...or Google "help topics" for more assistance. Perfect for sports highlight videos and slide shows, school plays, wedding videos and slideshows, flyers, invitations, photobooks, school projects, custom printed envelopes, etc. Both my children's teachers (elementary thru high school) have asked to keep their numerous projects as samples. Perfect for the whole family.

Although not necessary, it does help to have some computer and graphics interest and knowledge--you'll get a lot more out of the products. Highly recommend.
on December 24, 2012
I've used Adobe for years and this upgrade just improves on a already great photo and video software.
Just installed and have worked in photoshop, I do like how it now shows my file directories in the photo organizer view.
on June 9, 2013
I have and am the original owner of an older copy of Adobe Photo Elements and could use that program easily. For some reason it would uninstall itself. This lead me to seek a more up to date version of Photo Elements.

This suite of programs is all a non-professional will ever need to deal with editing and enhancing photos and videos. While I can see the possibilities of the programs, it is not as intuitive to use as say Microsoft products for me. I feel I am an only using about 25% or less of the capabilities of this program. I intend to try to keep using the product and at the same time dummy up myself more. Amazon's price is right for the product. I would would buy the product again and would recommend that to others.
on December 25, 2012
I've used an earlier version of Photoshop Elements with great results. I purchased a competitor's program when I needed an upgrade. It turned out to be very difficult to use, and I could never get a picture to come the way I wanted it when I tried to edit it. I had the same problem trying to use the Windows Media program that came with the PC. Consequently, when I found Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements 11 on sale through Amazon, I jumped on it. It let me adjust and print our Christmas picture in less than an hour. I've been very pleased with this upgrade so far.
on June 25, 2013
I like the way these two programs work together. I am just finishing a 20 minute travel movie shot on AVCHD and combining video and stills. Adding voice overs is really easy. I have worked with an older version of Premier Pro and miss some of the refinements it provided. For instance, it would be nice to be able to set up a list of favorite transitions, instead of having to go through the whole stack every time. Graphically speaking, their canned themes are really trite and corny. Spacing between lines on crawl titles is not adjustable (at least, I couldn't find a way to do it.) And the program to make a menu for DVD is really poor. You have to find a template that will allow you to delete all their junky "art" so you can put in your own background. And you have very little control on how your title is laid out. You type your copy in a box, not directly onto the background so it is all guesswork. Burning your final product to DVD is quite a gamble. Best to "burn" to your hard disk first and then use some more reliable program to do the final burn to disk.
on December 27, 2012
I'm an aspiring professional who doesn't really have all the nice stuff yet but is working towards it. Up till Christmas (when I received this as a gift) I thought I was just fine with the free Picassa 3 program that came on my computer. While Picassa does offer quite a bit of help for free, I'm definitely glad I got Photoshop 11. Even the basic stuff like black and white that Picassa does looks better in photoshop. And PS offers a much broader variety of possibilities. You can be far more creative with Picassa than any free program that I have seen. Granted it does take some time to get used to. You would do well to play around with it for hours to see what you can do with all the features in the advanced section. It's amazing what you can do for just 80 bucks. It really pays for itself. One creative photo that jumps out to a potential customer could make the difference between them choosing you or someone else, thus paying for itself in one shoot. Get it. It's worth the money.