There are no customer reviews yet.  Create your own review

2.0 out of 5 stars It will fall apart in less then a month., February 12, 2013
This review is from: Adora Playtime Baby Doll 13-Inch Baby Boy Light Brown Skintone Brown Eyes Blue Green And White Romper With Matching Hat (Toy)
I bought this doll for my two year old for Christmas. The doll is very cute , the right size for a child her age and very detailed. I loved the way it looked.
This item is poorly constructed. It is only Feb. and this doll is falling apart. All the seams that connect the arms and legs to the body are coming apart. There appears to be a zip tie that holds this items to the body , and that has poked through the cloth and made holes on each of the legs and arms.
I am so disappointed . It is my daughter's favorite baby , and it really is very cute.

2.0 out of 5 stars Body Fabric Rips Out Quickly, December 18, 2013
I researched for three days, and purchased this doll (the pink girl doll) for my 2 year old. The face, feet and hands are all sweet and well-made. The body has a great, cuddly feel, with the beans giving it just the right weight and heft. The face is sweetly expressioned, and there is a nice scent that does not over power at all. I was very pleased with my purchase at first, with the exception that the body fabric comes down so low on the arms and legs that the doll needs to be wearing long sleeves and long pants or long skirt for it not to look weird.

Within two days one of the eyelashes fell off. (That means the entire set of eyelashes for one eye.) I didn't have a simple means of repairing it at the time, and didn't want to go through the trouble of returning it just for the eyelashes, so I pulled the other one off of the other eye to even them out. It looked "OK" but I was disappointed.

Within a month of normal play the satin material started catching and snagging on everything and getting runs in the fabric. Then, exactly as some other reviewers have mentioned, the pull ties poked through at the wrists and ankles - we pulled them through and cut the ends off. Then again, within about 3 months of normal play, the seams of the satin body material started pulling and ripping out. The back seam went first, and I stitched it back by hand. When the leg ripped off I had to sneak "Baby May" (as my daughter named her) off to the "baby doctor". She is now sitting in pieces, waiting for us to replace the satin fabric with cotton fabric, to prevent the issues that we've had. Ugh! Don't bother - I can sew and I do NOT look forward to this project! Buy a Corolle doll instead - they are slightly more expensive, but come from the factory with the cotton body fabric and don't have all of these issues, and the hard plastic arms and legs are longer, so they are easier to dress in short sleeves and shorts, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first doll, March 10, 2014
I actually bought this for my 2 year old nephew as he is always stealing his sister's dolls of which she is very protective of. He loves that he has his own now. This doll has a nice soft body which is ideal for him to be able to carry around. The doll will suck its thumb and it's bottle. This was a cute addition to their doll collection and is one of their favorites.

4.0 out of 5 stars CUTE!, January 16, 2014
A tad smaller than anticipated. Eyes open and close & no gender anatomical features to explain. Soft torso. Bottle included.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy Materials!, April 22, 2013
The seller refused to return this doll even though it fell apart within two months. Cloth body covering shredded apart and leg fell off. My one year old grandson loved this doll, but I wouldn't even choose to replace it, because the type of fabric will only keep shredding.

Posted on May 8, 2014 2:34:10 PM PDT
Hi Pam,

First we would like to thank you for purchasing The Playtiome Baby Doll. We are sorry to hear about the problem you experienced. The quality of our dolls is so important to us, when things like this happen we want to know, so we appreciate your feedback. This way we can work with our production staff to make sure the problem is corrected in the future. At this point, we are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your grandson happy. Please contact us at the email address linked to our name - amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

We are looking forward for your response

5.0 out of 5 stars Adora Playtime Baby Doll 13-Inch baby Boy Light Brown Skintone Brown Eyes, January 2, 2014
Perfect doll... so adorable and life-like. I bought baby outfits in Carters for a premie baby and they fit these dolls perfectly and so much better made than doll clothes and much less expensive.Great and inexpensive Xmas gift for a little girl.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but daughter likes him, January 26, 2014
Daughter seems to like doll so gave it a couple stars for that. Likes that its a boy. She has mostly girl dolls. Did see reviews that it fell apart but have another adora doll that giggles. No problems with it so took a chance. The foot of this doll fell off. Had to tape it and put band aid on telling our daughter baby has a boo boo. This particular adora doll is cheaply made, not as cute as pictured and outfit looks worn already.

Update: Hand fell off in car today. More band aids. Thankfully my daughter is not traumatized by her baby's limbs falling off. And so glad I had band aids on me. She has about 15 dolls. No problems with rest. She is not rough with them. She loves her babies. Such a shame. She loves this doll. This doll has a high rating overall. Guess some of us got dolls made when there was problems with production.

Posted on May 8, 2014 4:41:01 PM PDT
We are sorry to hear about what happened with your Playtime Baby doll. Hearing about your daughter's experience saddened us. The quality of our dolls is so important to us, when things like this happen we want to know so we appreciate your feedback. We assure you that your complaint will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our products further. At this point, we are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your experience better. Our goal is to make your daughter happy. Please contact us at the email address linked to our name- amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

We are looking forward for your response.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Doll Option for a Little Boy, January 23, 2014
Expecting our second child later this, I wanted to get my two year old son a doll so that he could start getting used to the idea of a baby. And I think that providing our little boys with opportunities to nurture is a great thing! That being said, I wasn't really excited about the idea of getting him an overly pink and 'girly' doll. I love that the Adora doll has options that aren't super girly. The stripe and frog print with the blue hat was perfect for us. I also like the smallish size and the soft body. Our son has been very interested in Baby and likes to hug and kiss him, but also thrown him on the floor, poke his eyes and stuff him in boxes :-) Overall, we're very pleased with this doll for our son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, January 21, 2014
I was a little bit nervous about buying this without seeing it in person but it was well worth it! My granddaughter is just 2 1/2 and the small size (13") of the doll allows her to easily carry it around like a baby. And the doll smells like baby powder!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Baby Doll that STINKS, December 11, 2013
My daughter just unwrapped her baby doll tonight. He's adorable and just the right size for a little one to hold.
She promptly started sneezing as soon as we got it out of the box. Later wanted to take him to bed but the smell was so bad it was making us both queasy.
Would highly recommend this doll if it wasn't for the smell factor. It really stinks.

Posted on May 8, 2014 4:45:35 PM PDT
We appreciate your feedback; it really helps us better our brand. We want to know more about the problem you encountered on your Playtime Baby doll. Please contact us again and we will make sure to resolve this matter and that you will be completely satisfied with our products. Please send us an email at amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

We are looking forward for your response.