Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on February 12, 2013
I bought this doll for my two year old for Christmas. The doll is very cute , the right size for a child her age and very detailed. I loved the way it looked.
This item is poorly constructed. It is only Feb. and this doll is falling apart. All the seams that connect the arms and legs to the body are coming apart. There appears to be a zip tie that holds this items to the body , and that has poked through the cloth and made holes on each of the legs and arms.
I am so disappointed . It is my daughter's favorite baby , and it really is very cute.
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2013
I researched for three days, and purchased this doll (the pink girl doll) for my 2 year old. The face, feet and hands are all sweet and well-made. The body has a great, cuddly feel, with the beans giving it just the right weight and heft. The face is sweetly expressioned, and there is a nice scent that does not over power at all. I was very pleased with my purchase at first, with the exception that the body fabric comes down so low on the arms and legs that the doll needs to be wearing long sleeves and long pants or long skirt for it not to look weird.

Within two days one of the eyelashes fell off. (That means the entire set of eyelashes for one eye.) I didn't have a simple means of repairing it at the time, and didn't want to go through the trouble of returning it just for the eyelashes, so I pulled the other one off of the other eye to even them out. It looked "OK" but I was disappointed.

Within a month of normal play the satin material started catching and snagging on everything and getting runs in the fabric. Then, exactly as some other reviewers have mentioned, the pull ties poked through at the wrists and ankles - we pulled them through and cut the ends off. Then again, within about 3 months of normal play, the seams of the satin body material started pulling and ripping out. The back seam went first, and I stitched it back by hand. When the leg ripped off I had to sneak "Baby May" (as my daughter named her) off to the "baby doctor". She is now sitting in pieces, waiting for us to replace the satin fabric with cotton fabric, to prevent the issues that we've had. Ugh! Don't bother - I can sew and I do NOT look forward to this project! Buy a Corolle doll instead - they are slightly more expensive, but come from the factory with the cotton body fabric and don't have all of these issues, and the hard plastic arms and legs are longer, so they are easier to dress in short sleeves and shorts, etc.
on April 6, 2015
My 3 year old son loves his doll. I bought this for him for his 3rd birthday and made him a doll carrier to carry it with. He sleeps with his baby and carries him and brings him with us to church. He is going to be a big brother in July and I think this is great practice for him to be a gentle loving helper. The doll is made very well. It smells like baby powder and as soon as I opened the box I couldn't help but kiss the little guy on the head. His eyes open and close when you lie him flat/sit him up. He is very soft in the body and the perfect size for a toddler. My niece was trying to steal this baby when she already had her own because it is so nice. His hat is also held on by a piece of string and my kids haven't tried to take it off or anything. It's really a beautiful doll.
review image review image
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 26, 2014
Daughter seems to like doll so gave it a couple stars for that. Likes that its a boy. She has mostly girl dolls. Did see reviews that it fell apart but have another adora doll that giggles. No problems with it so took a chance. The foot of this doll fell off. Had to tape it and put band aid on telling our daughter baby has a boo boo. This particular adora doll is cheaply made, not as cute as pictured and outfit looks worn already.

Update: Hand fell off in car today. More band aids. Thankfully my daughter is not traumatized by her baby's limbs falling off. And so glad I had band aids on me. She has about 15 dolls. No problems with rest. She is not rough with them. She loves her babies. Such a shame. She loves this doll. This doll has a high rating overall. Guess some of us got dolls made when there was problems with production.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
We are sorry to hear about what happened with your Playtime Baby doll. Hearing about your daughter's experience saddened us. The quality of our dolls is so important to us, when things like this happen we want to know so we appreciate your feedback. We assure you that your complaint will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our products further. At this point, we are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your experience better. Our goal is to make your daughter happy. Please contact us at the email address linked to our name- amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

We are looking forward for your response.
on July 24, 2015
This is a cute little doll. I got it for my 14-month-old, so I’m glad it’s smaller than standard dolls. It’s the perfect size for this age. I also like that this model has enough ethnic options that I was able to find a combination that resembles my daughter (light brown skin, brown eyes). Though I wouldn’t call the baby’s skin “light brown” like the title says. Not at all. It’s still within the range of “white”, with a pinkish hue, which was disappointing. The picture makes it look like a more balanced, yellower beige. I wish it was darker and a nicer color, but it’s still darker than the stereotypical pink white of Western caucasians, so it works as both a latino baby, and as a brunette-with-brown-eyes-but-still-sorta-white baby. The “hair” on the baby is a disappointing yellowish brown. I was hoping for a darker brown, given the eyes, but it’s really light. The head is molded to look like there’s a bit of hair and it’s painted, but it’s not too bad. Just a bit of a shadow on top of the head. I’m saying all this because I noticed a lot of questions on these dolls asking about skin color. As the mother of an “ethnic” baby, I’ve started paying attention to these things myself.

We’ve only had the doll for a week, so I can’t speak about durability yet, but I’ll update my review once we’ve had it longer. I noticed that there are a lot of reviews saying the doll fell apart quickly, but I also noticed that those are from two years ago, and that the manufacturer replied to the reviews seeking contact, which is encouraging. I’m hoping that by now the doll has been improved, and the current version doesn’t fall apart quickly. We’ll see.

The doll has been a total success with my daughter. She had a rag doll before, which she paid no attention to whatsoever, but I think that one was too abstract for her (two dots for a nose, club hands and feet, ropy hair, etc. classic rag doll look). But she loves babies, both real ones and in pictures, so this realistic baby doll was just what she needed. She squeals “baby!” whenever she sees it, carries it around, hugs and kisses it, and puts it to sleep in its bed (shoebox). The hat that comes off has been a big success with her, too. She even seems to like the smell - she sniffs the baby occasionally, and seems pleased. I don’t like the smell myself - it is quite strong, and unnecessary. I didn’t know that dolls nowadays came perfumed! It was nauseating straight out of the box, but after a week, you have to actually put your nose to the doll to smell it, which is an improvement.

If it doesn’t fall apart quickly, this will definitely be a five-star purchase.
on March 10, 2014
I actually bought this for my 2 year old nephew as he is always stealing his sister's dolls of which she is very protective of. He loves that he has his own now. This doll has a nice soft body which is ideal for him to be able to carry around. The doll will suck its thumb and it's bottle. This was a cute addition to their doll collection and is one of their favorites.
on September 19, 2015
I bought this for my nephew for his second birthday. It was hard to find a doll that was not overly "girly" but this one was perfect. It is not too big and is somewhat realistic with eyes that open and close. He loves to carry it around and practice feeding it. Now that he is going to be a big brother and moved to a big bed, this doll gets to "sleep" in the baby crib. It is an excellent toy to prepare him to be around a baby when his brother or sister arrives in a few months.
on March 2, 2016
Bought this as a birthday gift for a 2 year old boy who wanted his own baby since his mom has a new baby and it was perfect! His mom said he hasn't let it go since he got it and he even named the baby doll "Gus". Perfect!
on July 22, 2015
This sweet little dolly was just what my daughter needed to transition to being a big sister. It's a nice size, some dolls are big and awkward. I like that it's smaller. Totally washable and well constructed. I expect this to last for years. The colors are true to the picture. It's a bit pricey but a decent looking doll is hard to find. Most look super weird. The little bottle that comes with fits in his mouth perfectly.
on February 18, 2016
This is a cute small baby doll that we bought as a big sister gift for our then 2 year old. It is great for toddlers for the size of it. Hard to find other clothes to fit this doll. The mouth sucks the thumb and bottle. Nice to find a boy doll since she was getting a little brother. The quality of the doll is okay. No concerns or damage after almost a years use. The doll is scented but, I didn't find it to be overpowering.