Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 12, 2013
I bought this doll for my two year old for Christmas. The doll is very cute , the right size for a child her age and very detailed. I loved the way it looked.
This item is poorly constructed. It is only Feb. and this doll is falling apart. All the seams that connect the arms and legs to the body are coming apart. There appears to be a zip tie that holds this items to the body , and that has poked through the cloth and made holes on each of the legs and arms.
I am so disappointed . It is my daughter's favorite baby , and it really is very cute.
33 comments35 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2013
I researched for three days, and purchased this doll (the pink girl doll) for my 2 year old. The face, feet and hands are all sweet and well-made. The body has a great, cuddly feel, with the beans giving it just the right weight and heft. The face is sweetly expressioned, and there is a nice scent that does not over power at all. I was very pleased with my purchase at first, with the exception that the body fabric comes down so low on the arms and legs that the doll needs to be wearing long sleeves and long pants or long skirt for it not to look weird.

Within two days one of the eyelashes fell off. (That means the entire set of eyelashes for one eye.) I didn't have a simple means of repairing it at the time, and didn't want to go through the trouble of returning it just for the eyelashes, so I pulled the other one off of the other eye to even them out. It looked "OK" but I was disappointed.

Within a month of normal play the satin material started catching and snagging on everything and getting runs in the fabric. Then, exactly as some other reviewers have mentioned, the pull ties poked through at the wrists and ankles - we pulled them through and cut the ends off. Then again, within about 3 months of normal play, the seams of the satin body material started pulling and ripping out. The back seam went first, and I stitched it back by hand. When the leg ripped off I had to sneak "Baby May" (as my daughter named her) off to the "baby doctor". She is now sitting in pieces, waiting for us to replace the satin fabric with cotton fabric, to prevent the issues that we've had. Ugh! Don't bother - I can sew and I do NOT look forward to this project! Buy a Corolle doll instead - they are slightly more expensive, but come from the factory with the cotton body fabric and don't have all of these issues, and the hard plastic arms and legs are longer, so they are easier to dress in short sleeves and shorts, etc.
on April 6, 2015
My 3 year old son loves his doll. I bought this for him for his 3rd birthday and made him a doll carrier to carry it with. He sleeps with his baby and carries him and brings him with us to church. He is going to be a big brother in July and I think this is great practice for him to be a gentle loving helper. The doll is made very well. It smells like baby powder and as soon as I opened the box I couldn't help but kiss the little guy on the head. His eyes open and close when you lie him flat/sit him up. He is very soft in the body and the perfect size for a toddler. My niece was trying to steal this baby when she already had her own because it is so nice. His hat is also held on by a piece of string and my kids haven't tried to take it off or anything. It's really a beautiful doll.
review image review image
on January 16, 2014
A tad smaller than anticipated. Eyes open and close & no gender anatomical features to explain. Soft torso. Bottle included.
on March 10, 2014
I actually bought this for my 2 year old nephew as he is always stealing his sister's dolls of which she is very protective of. He loves that he has his own now. This doll has a nice soft body which is ideal for him to be able to carry around. The doll will suck its thumb and it's bottle. This was a cute addition to their doll collection and is one of their favorites.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 22, 2013
The seller refused to return this doll even though it fell apart within two months. Cloth body covering shredded apart and leg fell off. My one year old grandson loved this doll, but I wouldn't even choose to replace it, because the type of fabric will only keep shredding.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Pam,

First we would like to thank you for purchasing The Playtiome Baby Doll. We are sorry to hear about the problem you experienced. The quality of our dolls is so important to us, when things like this happen we want to know, so we appreciate your feedback. This way we can work with our production staff to make sure the problem is corrected in the future. At this point, we are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your grandson happy. Please contact us at the email address linked to our name - amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

We are looking forward for your response
on January 2, 2014
Perfect doll... so adorable and life-like. I bought baby outfits in Carters for a premie baby and they fit these dolls perfectly and so much better made than doll clothes and much less expensive.Great and inexpensive Xmas gift for a little girl.
on December 11, 2014
My son wanted a baby. This was a perfect baby for a little boy. Other reviews complained about the scent - I noticed a slight scent, but didn't find it offensive.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 26, 2014
Daughter seems to like doll so gave it a couple stars for that. Likes that its a boy. She has mostly girl dolls. Did see reviews that it fell apart but have another adora doll that giggles. No problems with it so took a chance. The foot of this doll fell off. Had to tape it and put band aid on telling our daughter baby has a boo boo. This particular adora doll is cheaply made, not as cute as pictured and outfit looks worn already.

Update: Hand fell off in car today. More band aids. Thankfully my daughter is not traumatized by her baby's limbs falling off. And so glad I had band aids on me. She has about 15 dolls. No problems with rest. She is not rough with them. She loves her babies. Such a shame. She loves this doll. This doll has a high rating overall. Guess some of us got dolls made when there was problems with production.
22 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
We are sorry to hear about what happened with your Playtime Baby doll. Hearing about your daughter's experience saddened us. The quality of our dolls is so important to us, when things like this happen we want to know so we appreciate your feedback. We assure you that your complaint will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our products further. At this point, we are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your experience better. Our goal is to make your daughter happy. Please contact us at the email address linked to our name- amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

We are looking forward for your response.
on December 25, 2012
This is just the doll I was looking to give my 3 year old son. It's tough and durable, it's soft to snuggle with, it's extremeties are realistic looking and it's a great size/weight to carry or push in a little stroller. My son likes jamming the bottle in its mouth to feed it and he enjoys inspecting the little fingers, toes and eyelashes. Though I don't usually like scented products, the powdery smell is subtle and doesn't bother me. Love that this is washable too! Definitely a well designed doll.