5.0 out of 5 stars Precious baby
I did hours of research looking for dolls online for my 19 month old twins for Christmas. I originally wanted Madame Alexander dolls since that's what I had for my first big baby doll. I decided to wait on them because they are so expensive and the doll I liked best was really too large for them right now.
After lots of looking (not happy with the appearance of any...
Published on October 19, 2011 by brwn_eyed_sue

1.0 out of 5 stars Zip ties hold my dolls hands and feet on;(
Published 22 months ago by VanCan

5.0 out of 5 stars Precious baby, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Adora Playtime Baby Doll 13-Inch Light Skintone Blue Eyes Pink Romper (Toy)
After lots of looking (not happy with the appearance of any of the babies I saw in stores or on-line) I found these precious babies. I ordered the one with blue eyes for the blonde twin and one with brown eyes for the brunette twin.
When they arrived in the mail yesterday I was very pleased with them! SO pretty and such sweet faces. I love that they can suck their thumbs and you can actually put the bottle in their mouths. They also say that they are machine washable. The size is perfect for a toddler. They even have beautiful little eyelashes.
They won't get them until Christmas, but I know they'll love them. VERY happy with my investment! :)

UPDATE: It's been a couple Christmas's and the girls still love their baby dolls. The eyes are beautiful glass with real eyelashes. They don't open and close, but I think that's probably good so they don't poke at them. :) We've ordered some larger dolls this Christmas, but these babies will still be played with, I am sure. Nice size for 3.5 year olds to take along on errands.

1.0 out of 5 stars Zip ties hold my dolls hands and feet on;(, December 27, 2012
I couldn't believe my eyes :0 I felt something sharp while holding the doll I looked at the leg and to my surprise there was a zip tie poking out of where the silk meets the plastic of the leg! I thought it must just hold the doll down to the packaging and I just missed removing it??? Nope the zip ties are woven under the silk to keep the hands and feet on! On Both of my daughters dolls legs the zip ties are SHARP and have come through the silk;( My daughter loves to have her baby sleep with her and i was so sad that after Sants brought her, mommy had to take her away;( I know if she rubs against her she would CUT herself on her new BABY!!! SAD

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute doll, September 19, 2013
Sheryl B (Ebony, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
I had this doll sent to my granddaughter for her birthday. After only 3 weeks or so one of the hands pulled away from the cloth stitching.

Posted on May 28, 2014 8:43:18 AM PDT
We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

We would like to be in contact with you to make our best attempt in regaining your confidence with our brand. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future. Please email us at amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

2.0 out of 5 stars fell apart in 6 months, July 9, 2013
jaqharv (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this doll for my daughter's first birthday. I went with the Adora doll because the price was right, the reviews were good, and it was rated for 12+ months (many of the others were 18+ months). Our daughter adored this doll. She carried 'baby' around, put her to bed, burped her, rocked her, kissed her- typical use. I don't think my daughter was rough at all with the doll, although it is one of her favorite toys and sees daily use. Starting around month 4, the stitching up the dolls back started to rip, exposing stuffing and the bean bag pack. I probably should have sewn it up then, but the satin was thin and I knew it would be hard to sew and even if I could get the hole patched, it would only be a temporary fix. Fast foward to month 7- the satin is ripping even more and the doll's head is coming off. We had to confiscate the doll because we don't want our daughter going through the horror of her baby losing it's head! In my mind, 7 months of daily play should not result in a headless doll. She has stuffed animals that get equal play time and they are still in perfect condition. We will be purchasing another brand of baby doll because my daughter loves her "baby" (we welcomed her baby brother back in May and she loves being a mama to her baby, doing all the things to her doll that mama does to baby brother). And yeah, the skin coloring is off....kinda a dusty purple. It never bothered me or my daughter, but it might bother some.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, November 16, 2013
Cheaply made!! Her head was starting to fall off and my mom was able to fix it for now. The fabric gets snagged every time you change her clothes. I tried ordering a replacement and the one I was sent is different than the picture. Would not recommend!!

Posted on May 8, 2014 1:59:50 PM PDT
We are sorry to hear on what happened on your Playtime Baby doll. We assure you that your complaint and feedback will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our products further. At this point, we are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your experience better. Please contact us at the email address linked to our name, amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we look forward to serve you.

1.0 out of 5 stars baby doll not so great, August 31, 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I looked at a ton of the baby dolls on Amazon for my 2 & 1/2 year old daughter. When the doll arrived i was quite disappointed. It was not as similar to the picture and description as I would have expected and the back of the doll ripped open and the stuffing all came out, very cheaply made!

Posted on May 8, 2014 2:18:01 PM PDT
Firstly we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment that you experienced with the Playtime Baby doll. We assure you that your complaint and feedback will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our products further. We also noted your feedback regarding the picture and description. We are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your experience better. Please contact us at the email address linked to our name- amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, January 6, 2014
After hours of research I chose this baby doll for our 2 year old daughter for Christmas. After two weeks of normal play (dressing/strolling around) both arms have started to separate from the main body and a tear has appeared on the back seam. I am very disappointed with this doll and would not recommend it. I will post pictures as well.

Posted on May 7, 2014 1:32:19 PM PDT
We are sorry to see about what happened with your Playtime Baby doll. We know how important a Christmas gift is and we value the quality of our products. And when things like this happen we want to know so we appreciate your feedback. This way we can work with our production staff to make sure the problem is corrected in the future. At this point, we are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your experience better. Our goal is to make your daughter happy. Please contact us at the amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

We are looking forward for your response.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird color, February 28, 2012
Carol "Mslin" (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
I just received this doll and as another reviewer posted, its color is weird. It is a little grey. Also it is on the small size, the head is tiny and the arms are too big, looks weird. I'm not sure if I will give it to my daughter....

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible grayish color like of a dead body, November 23, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
The main problem with this doll is the skin tone: it is not a normal flesh tone, but very grayish and very unpleasant. And very different from the picture.

Posted on May 15, 2014 1:27:03 PM PDT
Your review last 2011 had been noted. We thank you because it helped us better our product. Now, we guarantee that we are not misleading you. We are hoping that there is something else we can do to make your experience better. Please contact us at amazoncustomerservice@adoradolls.com.

Once again, we would like to thank you and we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adora Playtime Baby, October 12, 2011
This will be a Xmas gift so I have no idea how much fun it will be. But I'm sure it will be loved. The doll is sweet and very huggable. It seems to be very well made. It is soft and cuddly and just the right size for small arms. I took a chance and ordered two for two 2 yr old great granddaughters. I am very pleased with my purchase. The order came quickly, well packed and the dolls themselves are in their own packaging as well. All in all my experience so far has been a five. If those little girls at Xmas decide the dolls are not FUN I'll be sure to let you know.