Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ProOptic Dedicated Lens Hood for Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 (ES-71-II)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 18, 2014
Simply said...it works! It helps eliminate lens flare, just as it supposed to do.

The fit is great and it's reversible, just like the canon version for 5x more $.

This is a no-brainer if you are in need for a hood.
on October 2, 2013
I wear my camera over my should with a sling style strap. The problem I have with this is that occasionally when I reach to grab my camera I will make contact with my lens and leave a finger print. So my solution to this is to use a lens hood. Now when I reach for the camera if I miss the body I only touch the hood not the front lens element.
on July 19, 2011
Yes it's not a Canon product and I didn't expect it to be but they could have spent a little more time on the locking mechanism. When you put it on it's just turns and turns and turns. It takes me a couple seconds to make sure it's threaded right. I might actually spend the dough on the real thing.
on June 7, 2013
Good overall, and well worth the money.

Pros:
- Fits the lens (Canon EF 50mm F1.4) snugly
- Much cheaper then OEM.

Cons:
- Inner surface isn't lined with felt to absorb reflecting light
on May 29, 2013
This is a perfectly fine and functional lens hood for your Canon 50mm f1.4 lens, and it is much cheaper than the Canon one. I love the fact that you can attach it backwards(facing the camera body) so that it doesn't take up as much room in my camera bag.
on January 16, 2013
I just got this lens hood and it fits really well and looks great. Unlike previous reviews, I didn't have any problems with the hood spinning so maybe it has since been improved. I slipped it on, turned and it locked quite easily. When looking the price of Canon's $25+ hood for the 50mm 1.4, I couldn't be more happy that I chose to purchase Adorama's version for less than $5. A hood is a hood is a hood so unless it has the ability to change the direction of the sun while I'm shooting, they're all pretty much going to do the same thing, if made well.
on November 14, 2012
I'm not happy with this product at all. It is tough to push on and just turns and turns, doesn't have that "snap-into-place" feeling at all. Returning this and going to try another generic like the Fotidox to see what I think.
on June 12, 2013
Inexpensive but well built and sturdy. This lens hood attaches well and is very solid when it is in place. It is a thick plastic that seems to be made to last. I am very happy with it.
on October 7, 2012
I am very pleased with this inexpensive hood. It fits snugly on my Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens and recommend it for this lens.
on September 23, 2010
Cheaper than the OEM version and every bit as good. Seriously, you will not regret it. The fit is perfect and the product works perfect as a lens hood. It seems to protect the front element a lot. I occasionally left it dangling around my neck with no lens cap on in between pictures, sometimes I or those around me would leave a fingerprint or other smudge on the lens. Especially my daughter who was just the right height to reach it hanging from my neck. The hood helps a lot to protect the front element and obviously works as a lens hood to block extraneous light as well. I wish that it had no white lettering at all.