Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Power2000 Aluminum Memory Card Protector Case - Holds 8 SD, MS Duo or xD-Picture Cards
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 20, 2012
The one we received had no paint or anodization, just polished aluminum, so the finish is still in great shape; the construction is very good. We've used it every day for a couple of months and it's holding up very well, carries our SD cards nicely. I couldn't find on Amazon a better value for your money at the lower end of the market and for most uses, probably even professional, it should do well. We're very happy with it.

ADDED October 7th, 2013: A few months after purchasing it, I dropped it while open from about chest height onto a concrete floor. Not surprisingly the plastic hinge tore, but after applying two pieces of duct tape horizontally it functions almost as good as new, and of course a fabric hinge is very durable. It's still going strong with several days a week usage after a year and a quarter and retains our highest recommendation.
on May 16, 2008
Fell apart the day I got it. The aluminum panels are fastened to the internal; plastic frame with double sided tape. Cheap cheap cheap. One panel fell off, and would not reattach. I peeled the tape the rest of the way off and put a few globs of epoxy in there, squeezed it, and I think it's good.

On the upside, these seem to REALLY offer a lot of protection. I have one that I use a lot for CF cards, and while they look terrible pretty fast (painted, not anodized, and they scratch easily) they seem extremely well designed around their primary purpose, which is protecting media.

That cheap finish, by the way, adds a scruffy patina that makes them look war-weary...nobody likes to be the only n00b-looking guy with brand-new tools, right?
on August 18, 2008
Cards are snugly held by the rubber insert, and the case closes securely. Note that opening/closing is a two-handed operation, i.e. press in the tab and separate the halves like a clam-shell. Also, the picture indicates that the color is silver/grey, but the exterior of the item I received was much closer to black in color. Seems to be a little higher quality than the similar Vanguard cases offered on eBay. I've now ordered a second of these cases from Amazon/J&R.
on May 18, 2015
These holders crack your SD cards in half (not like you would think, they make them sort of peel in half, if that makes sense (see the photo)) I am not sure if it is because the plastic is too hard in the case or what, but I would not recommend them - it has cracked two of my cards in half so far.
on December 29, 2013
I bought two previously and they still work. Currently I have 13 sd cards and I may order more so that's why. The best model.
on June 4, 2014
Nice style. Plenty of protection. Thicker than I expected, to accommodate custom molds for MS Duo and xD cards. About the size of an iPhone 4, but twice as thick. I have doubts about the life of the folding plastic hinge.
on April 24, 2012
Pretty good little card case. Had to pick one up after I began "losing" my SD cards to being misplaced. The slots for holding the cards are secure, they do not pop out once in until you intentionally remove them. Case is a bit smaller than I had imagined, but that's okay. Price point could have been a bit lower too, while competitive with other similar cases, there's no reason something which holds 8 memory cards should run $20 in the first place even if most of the other ones do too.

My only real complaint about this case is that it's a bit clunky to open, the release button is contoured on the curved edge right where the case opens and I find myself awkwardly trying to press the button while simultaneously splitting the case apart. Frequently the button seems to kind of slip away from my thumb because of the curved, flush nature of the release. Not a huge deal, I'm far more happy with the case holding the cards perfectly secure without them popping out which is exactly what this case does, and does well.

I should note that I did not find the quality of paint on this case to be an issue so far as others have complained about. Mine was silver, no noticeable scratches or wear on the paint that I can tell.
on November 16, 2013
I had to send this back. It tears off the locking mechanism on the card turning two of my cards into permanently locked SD cards. I had to throw them out. Amazon refunded me immediately.
on May 8, 2012
This case is nicely designed and quite durable. When I was searching for a case, I noticed that many reviews for other cases stated that the cards didn't stay in their slots. That is not the case with this holder... All cards are held in tight (almost too tight). The unit holds 8 cards and after a month, I'm quite happy. Feel free to ask questions in the comment section. Hope this helps!
on April 15, 2014
To answer the big questions up front, yes it holds the cards securely and yes it has lasted almost a year and a half. Solid investment, and totally worth the small price tag. You can read the rest of the review if you would like, but those are the biggest things I looked for

I've owned this case for over a year now. I got it shortly after I got my DSLR since a few of the memory cards didn't come in plastic cases. I was hesitant about buying it since some of the reviews discussed poor build quality as I'm sure you are if you are reading this review.

I don't normally write reviews on Amazon, but this case is good enough that it is warranted.

I have had absolutely no issues with the case. It is durable enough to throw in my camera bag or backpack and not worry about it. None of it has even started falling apart with regular use. This case has gone on a number of trips with me and I've had no issues. The only point of stress is the hinge, but it seems sturdy enough and hasn't broken yet.

I've owned it for long enough now that even if it broke right after writing this review I would order another one. Spending $10 on a case and having it last this long is definitely a worthy investment.

The material inside is some sort of plastic which does a great job of holding the cards securely but not so tight that you can't get them out. If the case was thrown against the floor or a wall the cards may become dislodged, but since the case closes securely it wouldn't cause any harm to the cards.

One thing to note is that you should put the cards in the case so you don't touch the contacts when removing the cards. You need to use the thumb hole to get them out, so if the contacts are at the bottom you risk touching them. Be smart and put them in the right way.

Long and the short of it, it holds the cards securely, it is durable, no quality issues, solid ROI, and it keeps your SD cards in the same place so you aren't as likely to lose one of them. For $10 or so just go for it. If there are issues with the quality control send it back, but it's for sure worth it for me.