Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adrian
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

50%
50%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 9, 2004
"Adrian" is an intriguing novel. I found myself anxious to know what would happen next. Consequently, I stayed up late a few nights turning the pages.
I particularly enjoyed the journal writings of Madman as they provided me with some sense of the challenging and at times incongruent thoughts that invade the human mind - the rationality mixed with the irrationality; the obsessive fixations contrasted with the fleeting thoughts.
While described as "dark, graphic and grim", I personally did not find "Adrian" that way - especially if one compares it to other novels on the market. What is most frightening about the novel is the author's desription of some horrific events in a straightforward, matter of fact, manner.
"Adrian" is a novel which the main character has a mental illness. Yet, it is not a novel about mental illness but about life. It shows how different events shape our character, our lives, and the subsequent paths available to us.
I wish to congratulate Patrick Schnerch for a very good and complete first novel.
Patrick Schnerch has created an unusual, action-filled story with a rare blend of character-study and suspense. I like novels about serial killers, and once I started reading this one, I couldn't put it down. But it's much more than a story about a serial rapist and killer on the loose. Adrian, with his mental problems, is a fascinating, likable character. The reader will experience the story vividly through the mind of this mentally disturbed individual as he works his way through all the clever twists and turns of the plot.