5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Understated Bento, December 27, 2010
Andrea Nielsen (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adult Bento Box Japanese Lunch box #51310 (Kitchen)
I bought this Bento for my boyfriend via the Bento & Company website. I had a tough time finding something masculine enough for him to feel comfortable to take to work (i.e., no flowers, kitties, etc. all over the outside of the box) but also fairly small enough as the more plain looking bentos can be much larger.

This bento fit the bill perfectly and I actually ended up getting a second one so I could take one to work myself! It's hard to tell from the one product shot but the top of the bento comes off to reveal a plastic insert that sits on top of the bottom piece, acting as a smaller second level (i.e., 2 sections for food). I find the top portion is great for holding whatever veggie assortment I'm packing while the bottom portion is the perfect size for the more filling components of the meal (carbs, protein, etc.).

What this particular product page doesn't mention - that was a HUGE requirement for me and I'm sure others out there - is that this box is actually both microwave and dishwasher safe. Here are the more in-depth product details from another site:

"The outer lid and compartments are made of PET-ABS, and the flexible inner lid is made of EVA (safe temperature range: -20°C to 140°C (-4°F to 284°F) for both). This box is microwave and dishwasher-safe, with the inner flexible lid removed (which can get warped). We recommend using the box just for reheating food for a couple of minutes, not for microwave cooking!"

The top portion of the box doesn't snap or click into the bottom portion so the elastic band that comes with the box is key. I'd recommend ordering a second band (either on Amazon or at a Bento website) as the box becomes fairly useless for transport without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masculine, elegant and practical, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Adult Bento Box Japanese Lunch box #51310 (Kitchen)
I was looking for a bento box for its practicality, this one has 2 compartments and it is hold by a black elastic band which gets the job done.
The overall look is very masculine which is what I was looking for. you can put it in the freezer or in the microwave.

Adult Bento Box Japanese Lunch box #51310
$33.59
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies