From the Author
As the Senior Author and Series Editor, I am pleased to announce that new editions of four of our Treatment Planners, Homework Planners, and Progress Notes Planners have been released. We have been working on them as a team of authors for over two years. I am indebted to my coauthors who have deep expertise in the clinical field addressed in each Planner. I salute them and I believe you will find their work to be of the highest clinical caliber.
This new edition of the Progress Notes Planner is tied directly to the new Fifth Edition of its parallel Treatment Planner. Every Behavioral Definition statement and Therapeutic Intervention statement in the Treatment Planner is expanded on in a series of statements describing progress made in treatment. As the Treatment Planner is revised with new content, the Progress Notes Planner mirrors those changes in its content as well. So these books work as a closely tied set. The new Treatment Planner Interventions designed to assess DSM-5 specifiers as well as new evidence-based treatments are covered in this edition of the Progress Notes Planner.
Arthur E. Jongsma, Jr. PhD
From the Back Cover
The Adult Psychotherapy Progress Notes Planner, Third Edition contains complete prewritten session and patient presentation descriptions for each behavioral problem in The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner, Fourth Edition. The prewritten progress notes can be easily and quickly adapted to fit a particular client need or treatment situation.
- Saves you hours of time-consuming paperwork, yet offers the freedom to develop customized progress notes
- Organized around 43 main presenting problems, including anger management, chemical dependence, depression, financial stress, low self-esteem, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Features over 1,000 prewritten progress notes (summarizing patient presentation, themes of session, and treatment delivered)
- Provides an array of treatment approaches that correspond with the behavioral problemsand DSM-IV-TR diagnostic categories in The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner, Fourth Edition
- Offers sample progress notes that conform to the requirements of most third-party payors and accrediting agencies, including JCAHO and the NCQA
- Presents new and updated information on the role of evidence-based practice in progress notes writing and the special status of progress notes under HIPAA
Additional resources in the PracticePlanners® series:
Treatment Planners cover all the necessary elements for developing formal treatment plans, including detailed problem definitions, long-term goals, short-term objectives, therapeutic interventions, and DSM diagnoses.
Homework Planners feature behaviorally based, ready-to-use assignments to speed treatment and keep clients engaged between sessions.
For more information on our PracticePlanners® products, including our full line of Treatment Planners, visit us on the Web at: www.wiley.com/practiceplanners
See all Editorial Reviews