Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aduro® Samsung Galaxy Tablet Extra Long USB Charge & Sync Data Cable (6.5 feet) USB to 30 Pin, Galaxy Tab 7", 8.9",10.1"
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 27, 2012
There are a couple other of these cables here on Amazon, with sketchy reviews. Some say the plug doesn't quite fit correctly, or it doesn't charge the tablet fast enough, or transfer data as well. I've had none of those problems with this cable. I put the plug side by side with the stock Samsung plug, and they look identical. The cable itself is high quality, flexible, and has the length I need so I don't have to worry about hunting for outlets anymore. Charging and data transfer are just as good as with the stock cable. If you are skeptical, don't hesitate to grab it.
55 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2012
Yes, this cable WILL work on the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.

No, it will not enable simultaneous charging via USB and PC sync mode, as the name awkwardly implies.

It's still a good cable to have on hand, as it is extra long and the cable that Samsung supplies with their tablets tends to be on the extra-short side.
99 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2012
As you'll see I don't review many products. However, I wanted to put some folks at ease regarding the prospect of buying this cable.
I know, it's not a life or death decision and it's pretty inexpensive, but I hate buying garbage cables, because in most cases I wind up having to spend more on a replacement for my replacement with a decent cable I should have purchased in the first place. That make sense? Shrug... Buying this cable was a risk, but I'm glad I did.

The cable is great. It's thicker than the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) cable and the extra length is why I purchased it. It's as described and better quality and better thickness than I had expected.
I also bought a 10 foot cable from a seller in China and I can tell you the quality of this one is far superior to the 10 ft I bought. I'd say it's almost double the thickness.. at least 1/3rd thicker.

Some reviewers mentioned a difficult fit and a hard time figuring out which side goes up.
The top side of the 30 pin connection is easy to pick because the edges of the side that faces up are black (as shown in the picture). It fits very well, and I don't worry about it pulling out, nor do I worry that it's going to be stuck in the tablet or require too much force to remove.

This cable works for charging with the OEM plug only. To charge with other usb plugs you would require a USB power adapter which I couldn't find here on Amazon, but I found on ebay for $3.99 under search term 'USB Power Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (it's a small white usb plug). - Just thought this bit of information might come in handy. I'd link to it, but I don't think Amazon wants me linking to another site.
With the aforementioned adapter I can use my new cable to charge from any usb plug outlet. Considering the OEM plug is quite bulky this has made it possible to bring a smaller usb plug and the adapter along with my cable, and be more compact when taking it somewhere.

Anyway, I wouldn't put too much thought into purchasing this. It's an easy decision - buy it.

R
77 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2012
Not sure why Samsung chose to use a cable that is way too short to be able to use the Galaxy Note 10.1 while charging. I bought Aduro cable hoping that this would solve that problem. However, while the cable does allow charging, it does so at an incredibly slow pace compared to the the Samsung OEM cable. I'm talking the Samsung is 10 times faster. Plus, if you are using the tablet while the Aduro cable is plugged in, the charge level remains the same. I guess that means you can't charge the tablet while you are using it. That was the reason I bought the longer cable to begin with.
2020 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2013
Made out of cheap materials. Wire has already separated from plug in. Will not buy another one like this, ever.
on September 19, 2012
The cable seems fairly well constructed. There are no label on the connector, so it hard to tell which side is up. I put on a small sticker so that problem is solve.
on April 14, 2013
My tablet tried to charge when plugged in, after 15 hours I had 30% charge. Buy an extension cord for 2 bucks and use only Samsung stuff. I wanted it to work.
on August 12, 2013
I bought this for a Galaxy Note 10.1. It does charge more slowly than the OEM cable, but for me, that's an acceptable trade-off for having a longer cable. I usually charge at times when I don't need to use the tablet, so a longer charging isn't a huge inconvenience. Also, because of the length, I can charge while using the tablet more easily than I can with the original cable. It does take a bit more force than I would like to disengage it from the tablet. I hope this doesn't become an issue over time. For now, I'm glad to have a longer charging cable, which gives me more flexibility in using the tablet, especially now that I have an HDMI connector, use of which requires that the tablet be plugged into a power source.

Update on 8/13/13: I'm dropping from four stars to three. In unplugging the cable from the charging unit, the plastic housing on the USB connector came loose. I was able to force it back in place once I had got the thing out of the charging unit, but the first time I ever unplug it and I can't get it out without something coming loose? Come on, Aduro! Cheaply made. I just wish Samsung would make and sell a cable this long. I would pay a higher price for it. This cable still does what I need it to--without, I hope, falling apart completely, so for now, it still gets three stars.
on October 22, 2012
Cable works great with my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Much more convenient than the short cable that came with it.
55 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2013
I was about to return this as defective. I bought it to charge my Galaxy Tab 10.1 while it's plugged into my work computer, an iMac. I have an iPad that gets charged via my iMac while it's turned on, no problem. So when I used this cable to plug the Galaxy into my machine & it didn't charge I assumed the cable was at fault.

It turns out that the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 needs more power than is provided by a typical USB port, IF the tablet is powered on at the same time. (This wasn't a problem with my iPad, as Apple specs all its peripherals to be chargeable via USB... thank you Apple engineers for thinking about this scenario & planning for it!) So I powered off the tablet and connected it to the computer via this cable and sure enough it's charging. So this cable may be fine if you're plugging it into a wall-socket adapter. But if it's not charging your device when it's plugged into your computer's USB port, it's probably not because of the cable. See [...] which helped me.

It is a little sticky on the plug-in and plug-out, but I guess it's pretty cheap anyway so what do you expect. The description says "Use to connect your Galaxy Tab to a PC or charger", which I guess isn't technically misleading, but it also doesn't clearly state that the cable will only charge your tablet under circumstances.

(In case you're wondering why I have all these gadgets, it's because I develop software & need them for design. :) )