4.0 out of 5 stars Good alarm clock - works on battery only
Works well so - loud so is great at waking up kids in morning. Be aware that this is a Battery Only clock. Good delivery timing and shipped well protected
Published on January 3, 2012 by homer0768

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the BEST, but decent
Published 24 months ago by Macygrey09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alarm clock - works on battery only, January 3, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and cute!, August 28, 2011
NaperMom (Naperville, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advance Time Technology Silicone LCD Alarm Clock with Matching Backlight, Pink (Kitchen)
I bought this clock for my five year old who can't tell time yet but wanted to be able to get up on her own for school. This little clock is just perfect! She can easily push the button to shut it off on her own and she loves the color. I also like that it's wrapped in silicone and won't scratch furniture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Me, November 20, 2011
Theresa K. (United States) - See all my reviews
Simple basic alarm! Light goes on when I hit the button only and not overly bright to blind me in middle of night. Love the color (purple). The alarm is not very loud, but will be annoying enough to wake me. For $13 you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple little clock, June 28, 2013
B. Turner "Quigath" (Portland, OR, United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a first alarm clock for my 6 yr old. He likes it. Alarm is a good volume and not too annoying for the rest of us that want to sleep. Rubberized shell is a great feature for little people that might play with and drop it.

Pros:
* soft protective shell
* large numbers and simple bell icon to see if alarm is set
* large top-center snooze button to get it hushed quickly
* takes AA batteries - this is big for me as I don't like stocking AAAs, has been running strong for 6 mos on 2x duraloops

Cons:
* blue backlight is a bit too bright for night-adjusted eyes
* alarm off button is too close to the other settings buttons - it could be pressed accidentally, though this hasn't happened to me yet

An always-on soft backlight or lit numbers would be nice for when it's really dark, or just turning down that blue backlight. For me though, this has been great and I'd recommend it for someone that needs a small alarm for their kids etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Survived!, May 28, 2012
This clock is amazing.
I received it 2 years ago for my birthday, and I have only needed to change the battery twice!
I used it as an alarm everyday over the two year span.
It has gone through the shower twice, to an amusement park, to the food court, everywhere.
Last night, I accidentally left it outside in the rain. I thought that this might have been it's last life, but boy was I wrong! The water dried out, and the display works just fine! I realized how durable and amazing this clock is and decided that I needed to write a review.
Highly recommended! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Perfect!, July 11, 2013
I bought this alarm clock on impulse, before a big trip. It turned out to save my bacon!
In Japan for a week, I turned out to be the only one of my roommates to bring an alarm. Battery operated, I didn't need to worry about an outlet converter. My little pink alarm clock woke us up on time every morning! The pink backlight was bright enough to use as a nightlight when others were sleeping, but dim enough not to blind me when checking the time in the dark. The buttons are foolproof, even to those of us that aren't fully awake when the use of an alarm clock is necessary.

The silicone cover is removable, but clean-cut and attractive enough to leave on. The slightly rounded edges make it cuter rather than cheaper (which I had worried about initially.) This little clock bumped around through international airports in my bag. It easily bounced away from drops and fumbles without any damage (even cosmetic!) because of the silicone.

I count this to be my most durable and practical purchase, perhaps of all time. Fully recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the BEST, but decent, January 28, 2013
I bought this for my daughters nursery. I knew late for night feedings, this would come in handy. Its NOT a bad clock, but it doesn't do quite what I wanted it to do. I wish that it had a constant backlight, rather than pushing the button and it coming on for a few seconds. It is a very cute clock and looks great in our nursery. During the day it works perfectly, but at night, its not ideal. I probably would look for something different if I had to buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pink Silicone LCD alarm clock, November 18, 2013
Simple, easy to set up. I bought it for my 4 year old daughter to wake her up for school. The problem is she figured out that if you don't hit the snooze button the alarm will shut off automatically after about 20-30 seconds. So she lets it run it's course & goes back to sleep. Other than that it works fine. If you snooze, it goes off again, & again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little clock with large numbers, February 20, 2012
How much can one say about a cheap alarm clock?

PROS: Large easy to read numbers, small footprint, rubberized skin, bright backlight (almost too bright at night), progressive alarm.

CONS: Wish it came in grown-up colors and had 24-hour mode.

What a wonderful, simple clock. More of a kid's clock, but I got it for me because I wanted something with large numbers that I could read without my glasses. I love the rubberized coating - doesn't slide around. It doesn't take up much space on my night table. You have to hit the backlight button to see the time at night, but I prefer that to LEDs that are on all the time.

Some reviewers knocked it for being battery operated, but I consider that a plus. I'm around electro-magnetic fields all day and I want to get a break from them at night. It's probably nothing, but if you want something else to worry about, Google "magnetic fields health clock" and read the articles - "Move electric clocks ... at least 4 feet away from the head of the bed".

This is my third LCD alarm clock and it's the best yet. I bought a different one first but returned it because the face slanted back. That made it easier to read on a desk, but my pillow is the same height as my nightstand so the numbers looked faded. The face of this clock is flush and the numbers are very easy to read.

UPDATE 9/28/12 - Some reviews said their clock is inaccurate. Mine keeps excellent time. I haven't had to adjust it since I bought it in February. It's one of the most accurate battery operated clocks I've ever owned (watches included).

See my customer image. I'll post updates if I have any problems with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Consider the details, March 1, 2014
I have to admit, I bought this for my daughter because it was pink and cute. But there is a downside. It is battery operated. Ick. Then the "back light" is only on if you push a button and then it lasts for 5 seconds. The picture makes it look like it stays lit; not the case. I bought this to help my daughter tell time at night, and thus is absolutely not helpful at all.