5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend
Published on February 4, 2012 by busyteach

3.0 out of 5 stars Most of this book is about breeding. I was ...
Most of this book is about breeding. I was looking for something focused more on the time immediately prior to whelping to weaning.
Published 5 months ago by mmnelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Advanced Canine Reproduction and Puppy Care: The Seminar (Paperback)
I purchased all three of Harris's books and although I'm not a novice dog breeder, I picked up lots of valuable information from the interesting and easy to read books. I would recommend these books for anyone who is into dog breeding. Harris, coming from the human medical field, often references the similarities of human and canine which adds to the readability. I made notes as I read and made changes per her recommendations for my last litter and truly believe my dam had an easier whelp due to these changes. I had one semi-emergency with an umbilical bleed out and thanks to her suggestions and list of supplies to have on hand, averted the disaster of losing a sweet little puppy. Another of the hints she gave, to use sage to help dry up my dam's milk after weaning, worked wonderfully. The cost of the books was worth that one tip, and that's just one of many.

5.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Canine Repro & Puppy Care, November 1, 2010
As with her previous books, Myra clearly explains all the info.
Insightful and an absolute must for both beginning and experienced breeders.
The candid humor is enjoyable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Experience and This Book Might Get You Through, November 3, 2010
I have whelped several litters before and have had formal instruction and lots advice from Veterinarians and breeders. This book (and her others) really prepared me to sift out the old wives tales from reality. And yes, puppies arrive 63 days after ovulation no matter what all the other experts say. Determining that "O" day sure makes whelping preparation easier. Read the book and then read it over again a few times.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the questions you wanted to ask, January 24, 2012
This is a must read for novice as well as long-time dog breeders. Her writing style engages the reader with anecdotes and easy to comprehend explanations of each topic. Many things that breeders do time after time "because someone told them to do it that way" are included, along with the reasoning behind them. The book also covers the difficult decisions breeders face. I'm better prepared to make decisions than I was before reading it - she made me think about decisions I might face with my next litter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, May 13, 2011
Easy to read, down-to-earth advice gleaned from breeders with real life experience. The info in this book will make you go "Oh, well THAT makes so much sense!" I have been talking about this book to everyone (much to some people's dismay) since I finished it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breeding and Whelping Puppies, January 7, 2012
Cleo F. Watson (Tylertown, MS, US) - See all my reviews
Although we have been breeding Labs for 30 years, we found this book very informative and it also backed up what we had learned from experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Canine Reproduction and Puppy Care, December 28, 2010
Excellent, informative and easy to follow. Full of important facts I had not heard before. Would recommend for advanced study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, December 21, 2013
I had heard about this wonderful author. I found it totally informative and easy to understand.
I am ordering another one of her books today.

5.0 out of 5 stars The responsible dog breeder's BIBLE!, September 14, 2014
Breeding dogs isn't easy! Anyone wishing to be a responsible breeder MUST READ this book! I have been showing & breeding dogs for 20 years, and I don't know of any dog breeder who doesn't have this book & reference it with EVERY litter. The lives of countless dams & their precious puppies have been saved thanks to Ms. Savant-Harris' book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Most of this book is about breeding. I was ..., August 27, 2014

Advanced Canine Reproduction and Puppy Care: The Seminar
Advanced Canine Reproduction and Puppy Care: The Seminar by Myra Savant Harris (Paperback - September 1, 2010)
$24.95 $17.46