5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't use as intended, but worked great
This was a requirement for my Anatomy and Physiology I and II classes. And then I never used them. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of money on it. I used the scalpel and tweezers to remove a huge splinter from my husbands hand and they worked great. Of course, I sterilized them first.
Published 7 months ago by S. Guest

2.0 out of 5 stars Comically cheap case
The case alone makes this a bad choice. Most of the instruments are economy grade (which is expected at this price range), but they really could have included a scalpel with changeable blades at this price range.

Published 22 months ago by Chris R

2.0 out of 5 stars Comically cheap case, April 24, 2013
This review is from: Advanced Dissection Kit, 10 Instruments with Snap-lock Storage Pouch

The case is cheap vinyl on a synthetic canvas-like material. I'm not sure I can adequately describe how cheap it feels. Also, instruments easily slide out of a few of the loops.

There are far better choices, even at this price range.

price range

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull scalpels, December 3, 2012
I wasn't expecting much based on the price, but the scalpels couldn't be more dull. I'd be better off dissecting with a spoon.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, December 12, 2012
this product is ok. I was very disappointed that the blades are not changeable on the scalpels. That being said, the blades on these do dull very quickly, making dissection more of a challenge. Everything else worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't use as intended, but worked great, July 15, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, January 15, 2014
Absolutely awful blunt tools. Hardly "advanced", does not even provide basics like a descent probe or hemostat. Avoid at all costs

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, October 28, 2013
New (at least it says so), it was wrapped in a plastic bag and said that it was new. Very good condition. Everything you need for a dissection. Really great deal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay dissection tools, except the scalpels are rubbish, October 14, 2013
The dissection tools in this (tweezers, probes, etc) are fine, but the two scalpels are fixed blade and extremely dull. I would definitely not recommend buying this if you need to make precision cuts - order a metal handle and replacement #10 blades off of Nasco, Amazon, or some other site if you can find them (though I highly recommend Nasco due to their selection, prices, and service for scalpel blades).

Also, the folding case for this is pretty clumsy and odd. It would be much better to have a zippered one or a hard case. Try getting a different kit, if possible (it will probably be okay quality if it comes with disposable scalpel blades, and even better if it has a metal handle for them).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best dissection kit!, September 28, 2013
It's really good! the scalpels are not as good as they could be (can't change the blades), but everything else is great. I have the best dissection kit in my class!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap case, August 16, 2013
The case is extremely flimsy and the tools had already poked holes in it when it arrived. Now the tools fall out.

5.0 out of 5 stars arrived on time and as advertised, July 21, 2013
Amazon Customer (APOPKA, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
Our class has used these to dissect sheep's brains for class. This was the perfect set for our classes needs.