Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Convertible Inflatable Kayak
Color: Red/GrayChange
Price:$637.39 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on March 14, 2014
really liked it till after 4 hours of use when we realized it was loosing air.dont you test these before selling . so now what do i do .a lot of money to have such problems.sorry i bought this on line if i had purchased it at a store i would just bring it back to where i bought it .
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on May 18, 2010
When I first received and unpacked this boat I was quite impressed with the design and quality. However, once I inflated it I noticed that there was a lot of slack in the fabric deck on the right side. Looking closer and per the manufacturers advice, I removed the tube to see what was going on. Measuring it, I found that the circumference of the tube on the right side was significantly smaller than that on the left - in some places as much as 7 cm smaller. While the kayak would float and basically worked fine, it didn't look right, being visibly smaller on the right side. Given the price, I wasn't satisfied with this.

I informed Advanced Elements, and they sent me a replacement tube, concluding that there was a manufacturing defect. However, the new tube had the exact same problem - it was skinnier on the right side than on the left! At this point I decided to return the boat for a refund - too much trouble to deal with it any more. I haven't yet decided which boat to buy instead.

This boat has a lot of potential, but based on my experience some of the parts may have manufacturing defects. If the one you purchase has this problem, and you bought by mail order, it's going to be a headache either way - waiting for a replacement part which may also be defective, or returning a package that weighs in at 60 pounds.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again