4.0 out of 5 stars Solid presentation of useful techniques.
Photographs are illustrative and techniques are clearly described. Not a tutorial, rather a presentation of 20-30 useful techniques that can be blended into your own program as needed. I felt I got my moneys worth and would recommend this book to a friend.
Published on January 12, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Nunchaku Vol 2
This book should be a follow up of Demura first book. This book still covers basics, which it does well. I would recommend this as a basic or intermediate book.
Published on June 17, 2000 by M. A. Ramos

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid presentation of useful techniques., January 12, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic Nunchaku Vol 2, June 17, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Nunchaku, March 29, 2000
This review is from: Advanced Nunchaku (Paperback)
The Advanced Nunchaku book by Fumio Demura and Dan Ivan has inspired me and respected myself.The information and pictures are excellent for advanced and people who are better then beginners.This book has a lot of solid information and is well written with perfectly easy to follow steps.Have fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic instruction guide..., November 23, 1998
This review is from: Advanced Nunchaku (Paperback)
It was a bit basic but it did provide a good foundation for swinging the 'chucks. The photos are a bit confusing at times, but I've been able to figure them all out eventually. What I find lacking is the philosophy behind the nunchaku movements; in other words, why do we do such things or why do we decide to go in this direction? Understanding the philosophy to the art will help users develop their own techniques and styles...

3.0 out of 5 stars More for beginners, August 3, 1998
This review is from: Advanced Nunchaku (Paperback)
Overall this book is informative. The photographs and sequences are clear enough to be understood. Unfortunately, this book is more for beginners. As only a beginner myself, I found the sequences lacked difficulty and variety...at least nothing I have yet seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Nunchaku, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Advanced Nunchaku (Paperback)
I got this book as a reference it is pretty good it's old school but it can teach you a lot I learned a few moves myself from this book and added to my knowledge of what I already know just remember you can never learn to much theres no such thing so I learn form every book and master I come across so what are you waiting for go get some knowledge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you're already somewhat adept..., April 8, 2013
This review is from: Advanced Nunchaku (Paperback)
As the title of the book says, these techniques assume you have at least a
Basic knowledge of Nunchaku techniques...
If you do, This is a good next step, if you do not, you can still
Use this book, some moves will just be beyond your reach for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Advanced Nunchaku (Paperback)
This book is great for beginners who are studying nunchaku with an instructor and wish to suppliment their knowledge. The diagrams and descriptions are clear and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of its kind, December 4, 2010
This review is from: Advanced Nunchaku (Paperback)
The images are a little hard to understand sometimes, but what can you expect, it's kind of an old book. I've never had a problem understanding them, yet the descriptions are a little confusing, but nothing that can't be figured out. I haven't found another nunchaku book as good as this one. I had already had some previous training before I purchased this book, but sometimes I just forget certain moves and the pattern at the end is a great addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for beginners and intermediate students., August 22, 2009
This review is from: Advanced Nunchaku (Paperback)
Even though this volume also shows some very basic Nunchaku techniques; nevertheless, it is strongly recommended to first read and study Demura's first book (Nunchaku: Karate Weapon of Self-Defense)on this weapon. Like many martial artists, for a while many years ago I was fasinated with the Nunchaku. However, in spite of its flashy and sometimes effective techniques, I realized the limitations of this tool for self-defense. This volume covers several different methods to grasp the Nunchaku, various swinging and striking techniques, how to change grips, double flips, combinations and how to use the double Nunchaku. It also has a Nunchaku kata.

In conclusion, if you desire to master this weapon, you will want this volume in your personal library.

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Tanto-Jutsu Official Manual for Bushi Satori Ryu).

Advanced Nunchaku
Advanced Nunchaku by Dan Ivan (Paperback - September 1, 1976)
Used & New from: $0.01