Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on May 19, 2014
I have leaky gut, SIBO and candida overgrowth. It's been awhile since I've used a probiotic that actually made a difference. This one did for me.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2014
After doing a lot of reading about the importance of a healthy gut microbiome, I decided to try this product. It was recommended by Dr Grace Lui, of the blog Animal Pharm, who has written extensively on how the gut affects our life. Everything from our immune system, digestion, weight loss, mood, allergies, etc etc.

Also there's a lot of good info at Free the, by Richard Nikoley. He's written about the good gut bugs and how we not only need them in the first place, but what to feed them to maintain healthy gut microbiota, especially if we've ever taken antibiotics, which we all know wipes them out. And no, store bought yogurt does not re-plant the entire population. There are about a 100 trillion intestinal microflora in a healthy gut, with up to 1000 different species! That little cup of morning yogurt won't replace those. This product will, according to the list on the bottle. It contains the regular probiotics that most products offer, plus soil-based organisms, which so many of us lack now. And it includes some potato starch, which many of those species thrive on. Richard Nikoley (at Free the wrote a lot on this. See his article on Probiotics: The Genetic Component of Obesity. Hmmm... very interesting stuff.

Another great source of info I found was Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet. They are both scientists who have done extensive research, and wrote the book Perfect Health Diet.

Long story short, yes this little bottle of probiotics is expensive (to me on my budget). It only has 30 servings, if you follow the dosage recommendations on the bottle. But I bought it for a "re-seeding" strategy (I'm taking 2 in the morning and 2 at night, with a tablespoon of unmodified potato starch dissoloved in water). I might have to follow up with a more affordable product for daily use, but plan to occasionally "upgrade" to a bottle of this one every few months, and then "feed" them with the recommended nutrients.

Oh yeah, and I really like that it's stable at room temperature. That way I can set the bottle out where it's right in my way, so I don't forget to take it. :-)
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2014
This is an unusual probiotic for a couple reasons. Unlike most on the market, it contains spore-forming, commensal bacteria. It's claimed to be shelf stable and to survive the stomach environment well. I have no doubt that's true. It appears to be the same formula as the well-studied Bio-Three sold in Asia. One of the star players is Clostridium butyricum. It's the only product I've found so far that has a butyrate-producing species. Butyrate is the preferred fuel of colonic cells and it has metabolism boosting and immune regulating roles.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2014
It works well in conjunction with other Probiotics that I use (iFlora, Prescript Assist, Primal Flora, Primal Defense Ultra). I also follow a version of Paleo that is very similar to Richard Nikoley's (Free the Animal) version of Paleo which includes safe starches in the form of non-toxic properly prepared legumes (think split peas, navy beans, Anasazi beans etc.), potatoes, potato starch, lime treated corn tortillas, baked oatmeal, oat flour, sprouted brown rice, and bananas. The elimination of wheat, a1 casein dairy, soy, canola, soybean, and cottonseed vegetable oils, chemicals, additives, and preservatives still apply for me. I still have to watch out sneakier sources of inflammation such as soy-fed chicken eggs, and I have to add back in foods to help reduce inflammation overall in the form of water-packed bone-in sardines, and smoked oysters in olive oil (I just rinse off the oil for this because olive oil still upsets my gut for whatever weird reason). If it's something that gives me a headache, irritates my gut and/or gives me immune system problems, then I simply don't eat it. That said, the pounds are slowly but surely melting off my face and midsection, and I don't feel like I'm deprived at all.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2014
This was recommended by Richard Nikoley of Free the Animal blog fame. I am doing resistant starch and this is one of the probiotics that is helping me to get healthy by putting the good bugs back in my gut. Don't be fooled by the cheaper probiotics. This is a good one, and has the biota that you need.
on October 2, 2014
I worked in the supplement business for a few years. And, as a result, got tons of samples of products, especially probiotics. By a landslide, this is the best probiotic I have used. I love AOR's product line, but never purchase them due to their price-point being out of my budget. I made an exception for this product and am glad I did.

The usual run-of-the-mill bifidus acidophilus mix (no matter how strong) are, at best, transitive. Also, most bifido and acidophilus blends have little to no clinical evidence behind them. If you want some acidophilus and bifidus strains, just drink kefir or eat some good plain yogurt. This product, on the other hand, is legit'. Compared to similar products, this is half the price for the strains you are getting.

Trust the farts. If you're getting gas, then you know it's doing something down there.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2014
Arrived on Time and these probiotics have really been helping with my overall health and digestion. There is a period where your body adjusts where you might feel bad and get a headache/diarrhea. If this persists after taking the probiotics for a week or two, consider doing a parasite cleanse with garlic capsules, oregano oil or the NOW foods wormwood complex. I had overgrowth of yeast and parasites (I lived in Africa for a while), and after doing a good proper "cleanse" I respond much better to probiotics, especially this one with the potato starch included in the capsule.

Yes, these are expensive, but the most important thing you have is your health. Is it worth the investment for you? It is for me.

Also, read and, both are FANTASTIC resources for gut biome health.
on October 3, 2014
Seems to have helped. In response to the one star review fear mongering that e facealis is dangerous, you needed to have put forth more effort doing your homework. If all you did was read the wiki article that's very poor research. Even the wiki article says it is a commensal, meaning that it is considered a harmless normal inhabitant of the colon. The fact that it then said it can cause infection raised a red flag for me. I suspected that the strains that cause infection are either resistant or just particular strains in this family that are not beneficial. For example there are harmless and friendly commensal forms of E. coli. Yes that is right, E. coli are not universally bad. Nissle 1917 strain has been quite successful for many in eliminating ibd symptoms.

I found a pubmed study calling e facealis a harmless commensal and attributing infections associated with it to the kinds of strains I just mentioned, subspecies that because of mutations and resistance are harmful. However the beneficial strains are good to have in your colon and help displace harmful strains
on December 17, 2014
Additives in this product used to extend shelf life include PVA which is a synthetic polymer never tested in humans for safety(FDA only did test on animals, I believe specifically dogs.) The pitch is not to worry that this & a similar ingredient- polyvinylpyrrolidone also in this probiotic will just pass thru your body. If one has a compromised microbiome/leaky gut not sure that assumption is guaranteed. There are documented cases of these additives getting into the blood streams of humans & the consequences where not pretty. Rumors are a clean version without these additives is in the works out of Japan.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
I have been taking this along with the other two soil-based probiotics recommended by Grace Liu and Richard Nikoley. They have made a big difference in my appetite. I normally have a huge problem with feeling hungry all the time and never feeling satiety signals but these probiotics have stopped that. I haven't lost any weight or lost my extreme sensitivity to carbs, but I'm happy with my results just the same.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse