Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

VINE VOICEon December 3, 2008
I bought this product for my first "peel' experience and I wanted a gentle one. This one certainly is. You can use it several times a week, and it is good for 30 uses. it comes with a brush and small dish for the peel, the peel solution and pads to neutralize the acid when you are done. They recommend you only leave the peel on for 5 minutes, so it is a fairly quick routine. You just brush it on, wait a few minutes, then wipe with the included pads. Then you rinse your face to remove any traces of product. I am happy with this product, it tingles, but does not sting or burn. When I am done, I feel immediately that my skin is soft and has a glow. I am using it mostly for discoloration and fine wrinkles. I haven't seen any visible peeling, but my skin has gotten a more even tone. I am definitely going to purchase this again and I recommend it for anyone who wants to try a peel at home.
44 comments103 of 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2010
I got mine in the mail on Monday, and used it that night, Wednesday night, and Saturday night. My skin was visibly better after the second use, and after 3 uses, my skin is as tight and clear as after a facial!! I intend to continue regular use to maintain my new perfect skin - believe me, this stuff really works!

It's super easy to use - the brush isn't the best, but that doesn't really matter - it's still easy enough to use. You just put 4 "squirts" of the gel in the provided tray, brush it on, wait 5 minutes (sometimes I do a little longer, but usually that's because I forget to time it), use the provided pads to wipe the areas, then rinse and apply a moisturizer. I do this before bed and use my regular night cream, and the results are SO FANTASTIC!
22 comments65 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2011
I am extremely impressed with this product. I have been using it 2 times a week for approx. 2 mos. I have NOT had one breakout and some of my brown spots that were located on my lower cheek area have diminished just about completely! Where now I don't feel that I have to put face makeup on to cover. I leave it on my face for 45 mins, with no issues (this could be because of the natural oils in my skin??) It has minimized my pores, dried up my Normally OILY skin!!! Which is one of the best features for me! I no longer have to apply powder during the day several times. I have received a few compliments stating that I have a glowing look (no joke!). I plan on continuing to use this product for as long as possible. I am now 47 and FINALLY happy w/my skin! ;o)
0Comment65 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2011
not harsh on my skin..will try anything to keep aging at bay...love this...buy this, it is so worth it and I am happy I did!~
on January 2, 2015
Admittedly, I've only used this product so far once but here's my take: I followed the directions = 4 pumps into the dish, used the fan brush to delicately smooth over face avoiding lips/eyes/nostrils/etc. I didn't feel any tingling or much of anything except maybe the every so slightest flushing/burning sensation but nothing to worry about at all. I used the pads after about 4 minutes and they felt pretty awesome. I have very oily skin, even in my 30s still, and am almost always disappointed with products. Even my makeup, after trying tons, I've settled for I still have to wash off after 4 hours, on lunch break, and reapply due to my oily skin. I used this last night and today, I didn't have to wash my makeup off! Visibly less shine, my skin felt softer, and I think my skin looks clearer after one use. Other reviews mentioned having to wait awhile for results but for me, I'm already hooked. I need to continue and see how it progresses but I'm already impressed.
on July 24, 2011
I'm a skeptical 35 year old African American male. My skin problems are hyperpigmentation and occasional acne. I've had Skin Medica Vitalize peels before and liked the result, but couldn't afford another set. I saw some women on ET raving about Boots #7 products and became curious. I didn't expect much from this at home peel because its over the counter and I figured it wouldn't be as strong as ones from a dermatologist.

I used the first one and I didn't see much of a difference, but I did feel my skin tighten and the texture became smoother. I'm currently on my 6th peel within my first month and I see a noticeable difference. My skin tone and texture has improved. I've seen more of a difference with this peel within the 1st month than I did with the Vitalize one. Also, I don't experience the peeling I did with the Vitalize. Peeling isn't bad, but when you have to go out in the world and small pieces of skin are hanging off of your face, it's embarrassing. Also, I can't/won't pile on a pound of foundation to cover it up.

The peel doesn't hurt, but I do feel a warm tingle when it's on. I've been progressively leaving it on longer. I'm up to 8 minutes but I won't push the time limit too far. The instructions say no more than 5 minutes. I'll probably update this review when I finish the entire set (1 month on, 1 month off for 6 months).

One caveat, I use this with the Boots #7 Beauty serum so I'm not sure how this has affected my results. Nonetheless, I'm impressed.
0Comment39 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2011
I saw this product while editing a beauty review of top-rated anti-aging products. I heard so many raves about this product that I had to try it for myself. I used it more often than suggested on the package and left it on my skin a little longer as well. I have a few enlarged pores from past cystic acne issues and some sun damage. After using this product for quite some time, I didn't really feel or see much of a difference. I went in for a professional Jessner chemical peel and saw a major difference after my first time. It may be that my skin really wants something stronger, but this Boots product didn't work for me. I am going to stick with the Jessner peels and see if I can do some light peels with this Boots product and see if that will work better for me.
0Comment26 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2015
If you are looking for a strong medspa or dermatologist-like chemical peel this is not the product you want. However, if you would like a gentle product to use at home on sensitive skin to speed up cell turnover and work on things like wrinkles and adult acne over time this could work for you. I have super sensitive, very fair, combination, acne prone skin that is at the beginning stages of aging with some minor wrinkles in the usual places. Last night I used this for the first time following the package directions. It stung a bit but not unbearably so. Just enough to know it was "working". Again, my skin is exceptionally sensitive so that may be why experienced the stinging while other reviewers did not. The stinging immediately subsided upon application of the included removal pad wipes. I rinsed with plain water and followed up with my normal night serum and a generous amount of my favorite good moisturizer. Today my skin is noticibly softer and brighter. I cannot say that any of my wrinkles or Hyperpigmentation have changed, but I would not expect them to after only one application. I plan to use this a couple of times a week over the next month like the instructions say. I am doing this to "prep" my face for a series of stronger derm grade chemical peels later this year, since you cannot just dive into the super strong ones. This product gave me immediate texture and tone improvment. Thumbs up for that! I will edit to add more details after I finish my month long course of peels.
on March 12, 2013
I use an exfoliating cleanser so this really does not seem to do more than that. If you do not use another type of exfoliation this might be up your alley. I had no adverse affects, no burning etc. It comes highly recommended by a consumer group, which is why I tried it. (I am 60 and have normal skin).
on July 30, 2013
Saw no difference at all in any way. The dosage is so light I can't imagine it working for anyone.