4.0 out of 5 stars Valuable Textbook (Kindle Edition)
Published on December 18, 2011 by Erin

3.0 out of 5 stars No Clear Opinion
Give this gook 3 star rating; reading was sometime confusing and not easy to follow. Opinion to recommend is reserved to individual perference
Published 15 months ago by EW

4.0 out of 5 stars Valuable Textbook (Kindle Edition), December 18, 2011
This review is from: Advanced Social Psychology: The State of the Science (Hardcover)
This is my first kindle (but not electronic) textbook. I was so excited to see that it was offered as an ebook, because i don't get my school monies until after classes have started so being able to read my assignments on the same day I buy the book is a plus. I didn't give the book 5 stars because I believe that ebooks should be cheaper than the actual physical textbooks, the amount of ink, paper, and time saved should add up to more than $5.00. While the other reviewer said that the pages don't match up to the real book (this is correct btw) my kindle app did let me know which page i was on according to the text book, which was great! I also love being able to search through the entire text to be able to find anything i want really. Some chapters are enjoyable and a quick read while others are more dense, this is due to the multitude of writers that contributed to the book. I wish the editors would have required a standard format (which I'm sure would have driven authors away), it would have made the reading feel less like a pile of essays under the same heading and more like a book cover different aspects of social psychology.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Clear Opinion, October 19, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars great information, June 6, 2013
This was a text I needed for class and I have actually learned a lot! Very informative and a quick easy read. I like it much better than the other 2 books on social psych I have owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great textbook., March 26, 2013
I've read and re-read this textbook over and over again for several years now. Great chapters by well-known authors. Recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, February 7, 2012
Not the best social psychology textbook I've used, but it is informative. Gives sufficient background to those unfamiliar with social psychology.

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is terrible, especially the Kindle version, July 11, 2011
I bought the kindle version of the text and am really disappointed. The words are spaced out really weird (which makes it exhausting to read), the page numbers are not synced with real page numbers so it is useless for class assignments or using APA citations, and there are no images. Way over priced.
The text itself is organized pretty well but the writing is dry - not enough examples of studies etc. to bring the theories alive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, September 10, 2010
This is a fantastic book for ANYONE studying upper level psychology but especially those in the field of Social Psychology. This book is going to help me out TONS in graduate school!

Advanced Social Psychology: The State of the Science
Advanced Social Psychology: The State of the Science by Roy F. Baumeister (Hardcover - June 29, 2010)
$94.00 $81.05