From the Back Cover
Covering the very latest version of Google Analytics (GA), the third edition of this bestseller features more ROI-building tips and techniques than ever. Want to become proficient using all of Google Analytics' powerful capabilities and reports? Measure the performance of your campaigns in real time? Discover the best way to track social and mobile visitors? Evaluate the impact of multichannel marketing? You'll find all this and more in this complete practitioner's guide. Learn how to use GA's new features, why to use them, and how to apply everything Google Analytics has to offer to improve your website, your brand, and your bottom line.
- Become quickly productive with the new user interface and exciting new tools such as Multi-Channel Funnels
- Discover new capabilities, such as how to track mobile and social media visitors to your site and track embedded video usage
- Learn super workarounds and advanced techniques and tactics you can put to use immediately
- Follow best practices and learn from compelling, real-world examples
- Optimize your search engine marketing, monetize a non-e-commerce site, and track offline marketing as well as online
- Integrate Google Analytics data with third-party systems and applications, including your CRM system
It would be a cliché to say Brian Clifton knows Google Analytics like the back of his hand. But he does. So if there is only one book you can buy on Google Analytics . . . buy this book and you'll be on your way to being an analysis ninja!"
—Avinash Kaushik, author of Web Analytics 2.0 and Digital Marketing Evangelist, Google
A must-read if you're playing in the big leagues."
—Chris Sherman, Executive Editor, Search Engine Land
A great practitioners resource that not only covers the technical details for a best practice setup, but also ties it back to the business objectives."
—Sara Andersson, Founder of Search Integration AB and Chairperson, Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMP), Scandinavia
With a good mix of concepts, examples and how-to's, the book structure and writing style will please both marketers and technically inclined analysts, and even help reconcile both universes."
—Stéphane Hamel, Director of Strategic Services, Cardinal Path