5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea!
Published on December 4, 2011 by MamaKas

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review: Adult vs. Child
From an adults point of view:
Published 16 months ago by H2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift idea!, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
I got this for my almost 5-year-old son, who loves dinosaurs and Playmobil. It was a huge hit, the only problem is having him only open one day at a time! The first box you open is one of the people figures, so they can immediately start playing. The boxes are already filled, which the box said is a new feature. It was a good thing, because I opened the package in front of him! The toys are all really good quality, which is to be expected from Playmobil, and the 3-D cardboard backdrop is a nice touch. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review: Adult vs. Child, May 5, 2013
H2 "H2" (Planet Claire) - See all my reviews
From an adults point of view:
The pieces are of high quality but many of them are extremely small and easily lost. I tried to get my daughter to keep all the pieces together in one spot until the entire box was opened and this proved to be futile. Therefore, pieces disappeared before the entire ensemble was revealed. The cardboard backdrop was difficult to set-up, took up space, and a pain to store so I threw it out. My daughter wasn't interested in it anyway.

From a child's point of view:
My 4 yr. old daughter is obsessed with dinosaurs and extremely excited to receive this gift. I am sure that she would rate this a 5. She couldn't wait to open a new door each day to see what surprise was hidden beneath. Of course, she wanted to open all the doors at once. However, she displayed disappointment quite often as many of the pieces were "parts" of other objects in the set and didn't appear to be anything immediately recognizable. This would go on for days. PlayMobile would have been better off mixing up the "whole" objects with the "parts" objects to prevent this. After the set was completely open, many of the pieces had "disappeared." However, my daughter did save her favorites (the dinosaur, motorcycle, dino egg).

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Countdown, April 14, 2012
Krazy K (West Lafayette, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
This Advent calender was great for my 4 year old grandson. He loved getting a new surprise everyday. I had a bit of trouble setting up the display. Lots of cute pieces, the base/display was flimsy cardboard and not a permanent toy, but just fine for the Christmas season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
Has a nice cardboard scene to play with daily items. Very cute. Very high quality as all Playmobil. My 3 year old loved it, so did his older brother.

4.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it., December 4, 2011
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
I bought this for my 5 year old son. He's only on day 4 and he loves it. Every morning he wakes up asking if he can open up another door and then he plays with it for hours. I love that they start out with some of the bigger toys in the first couple of day so they can start playing immediately. It also has a cardboard background scene that is multi-dimesional. My 3 year old has the pony ranch one and he loves it too.

I would recommend these to anyone with young kids.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for young dinosaur lovers!, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
I usually get my sons Lego advent calendars; however, this year my 5 year old wanted a 'dinosaur' advent calendar. The Playmobil Dinosaur Expedition advent calendar was the only dinosaur themed advent calendar I could find so I purchased it. It was cheaper than the Lego advent calendar so that was a plus. The box is laid out great because it includes a really cool play area complete with trees, a tent, and places for my son to keep his toys as the days go by. On the downside, there is a picture that shows exactly what toy is behind each day on the calendar. I acted quickly and hid this from my son so it would still surprise him each day. The biggest thing that I didn't like about this calendar was there is really only one nice dinosaur in the set!!! There is a dinosaur skeleton and a small hatchling but there is only ONE dinosaur play figure. On the other hand, there are two playmobile action figures (a man and a woman); however, my son really wanted dinosaurs. All in all, my son is really enjoying the set as he is using other dinosaur figures to interact with the dinosaur he got in the set. He loves the play mat as it is providing him with an hour of fun every afternoon when he gets home from school. Next year, I will likely purchase another Playmobil advent calendar as they are a good alternative to Lego's high priced calendar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the Jungle, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
I purchased this for my four year old, and he very patiently waited one little item at a time as we opened a new flap every day for the 24 days leading up to Christmas. The piece he was really looking forward to was the velociraptor, which has movable arms, legs, and jaw. The best part about this set is the cardboard play area that comes with it, which you punch out and assemble to create a huge 3-D play area. This one had a small tent for the paleontologists to sleep in, a campfire, a box to hold their supplies in, a mountain to climb, and a small cave for the dinosaur, all made of cardboard. As far as the pieces go, they are amazingly detailed, from a pickaxe and shovel, to a map and binoculars that the characters can hold. The set also brings other wildlife, such as a snake, salamanders, and a scorpion, and brings a nest with several eggs for the dinosaur to guard. Playmobil never ceases to amaze me.

5.0 out of 5 stars play mobil advent calendar, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
BEST GIFT I GAVE THIS YEAR! I would suggest these advent calendars to everyone My granddtr loved this It was nice not to give unneeded candy. She looked forward to a new item each day. I had given ply mobil before but the toys are neat and have a lot of realistic parts to the sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patience, presents and paleontology!, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
My 4 year old is obsessed with paleontology, so this Advent calendar was a must-have this Christmas! Although Playmobil sets contain many tiny items, they are well-made and very detailed, and my kiddo loves them. This set came with boy/girl paleontologists, a dirt bike, a velociraptor, a Dino skeleton, a baby Dino, lots of tools, plants, lizards, specimen boxes, etc. Punching open just one door a day tested my daughter's patience, but it was something to look forward to each morning. We will surely order Playmobil again for next Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, lots of variety, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil (Toy)
My son is probably just a little too young to appreciate all the little bits and pieces that came with this set but it's a fantastic assortment of critters, people, dinosaurs, tools, and a motorbike. He loves picking one out of the calendar every day.

Advent Calendar "Dinosaur Expedition" by Playmobil