5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for a Great Price!
After performing a great deal of research and looking through a few a my favorite electronic stores, I decided to purchase the Advent 32" TV. It was a tossup between Sony, Toshiba and Advent...Advent won.
Published on July 13, 2003 by Shawn Farrar

2.0 out of 5 stars buzz sound
Published on March 2, 2004 by john flaherty flahertyfamilt...

2.0 out of 5 stars buzz sound, March 2, 2004
This review is from: Advent Q328A 32" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
I purchased my advent tv 32 in flat screen at Best Buy in Reno Nev.I have only had it for 6 months and now it makes a buzzing sound coming out of the speaker that makes it almost impossible to watch unless your deaf.I was dissapointed to find out that although it is still under factory warranty its my responsibility to bring this 300 pound tv infor repair.Not only that I have called the manufacturer warrenty service twice in the last month and they said they would get back to me which they never did.Ifinally got ahold of Best Buy and they said they would call and see what the problem was. Still no responce.

This review is from: Advent Q328A 32" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
The primary reason to purchase this television is the price! This television has a price point a couple hundred less then the competition and is worth every dollar! It has a great picture - completly flat and sharp. All the standard on-screen picture controls are there and I have the ability to tweak the sound. The TV has 3 input sources: S-Video, Component Video for DVD, and a standard line-level input source (cleverly located on the side of the TV for video games or other hardware). There is even a stereo-out that allows you to plug in a home receiver.
The TV also looks great! It is silver in color and looks great on any 32" or 36" silver stand. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an impressive TV at a great price! Take care all!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 6, 2005
This review is from: Advent Q328A 32" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
I purchased this TV from Best Buy about a year ago... I did not get a brand new model I bought the floor model the only one left in the store.. thought I got a great deal! I had a 32" TV for about 250.00 not bad right... wrong! From the start I was disappointed that BestBuy did not have the remote that came with the TV so they gave me a Universal Remote that did not work on the TV. I bought 3 other Universal Remotes trying to find one that would work on the TV one being a $ 35.00 remote that stated the ADVENT name on it but it will ONLY bring up the menu screen and nothing else, you cant even make any changes in the menu screen just bring it up on the screen. I then tried to find some type of support on this brand TV being that it was a floor model I also had NO paperwork with it. I found that extremely difficult, I finally found a website where you can purchase the remote for the TV the ONLY place you can purchase it and it cost $ 25.00 just for the remote not the shipping. Big disappointment since I had already spent almost $ 50.00 on remotes that did not work....

Now after a year of having the TV with no remote I go to change the channel one day and no matter what station I put it on it continued to show the exact same channel I was previously watching... I turn the unit off because it seems to be "freaking out" and when I turn it back on all I get is the blue screen or static depending on what setting you have it on.. it now sits on my floor in the living room waiting for me to decide if I want to endure more expense to bring this HUGE and extremely HEAVY unit in to a repair shop to possibly find out that the cost to fix it will be more than I paid for it... I would tell anyone wanting to or thinking about purchasing this TV to RUN... I have 2 Zenith televisions that I have had for 10 years that still play fine, no problems, no repairs and any remote will work on!

2.0 out of 5 stars Advent parts availability less than reasonable, March 27, 2006
John McGing (Columbia, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advent Q328A 32" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
Bought this in 11/2002 on Black Friday for less than $300. So, for the money spent, it was a great deal, especially for 2002. Bought the Best Buy 4 year service contract. And until 12/2005, the set did what it should and I had no complaints other than the remote was pretty rudimentary. No problems, no issues, good color.

In December, it started to buzz once in a while, a few minutes here, then quiet. But in Feb 2006, the buzzing became full time, and quite loud, with periodic episodes of what I'd call "frying bacon" sounds. These sounds now occur whenever the tv is on. It is virtually impossible to watch because the sound is so irrittating.

BestBuy service has spent 5 weeks trying to track down "parts", and the Advent web site has been taken down and replaced with a "we're rebuilding" page with a phone number for warrenty service.

Doesn't seem reasonable to me to not be able to even get an estimated date parts would be available, and this is certainly taking way longer than one would consider reasonable.

So the TV, while it worked, was great, especially for what I paid, it looses many stars because it is seemingly not repairable in anything one would consider reasonable.

If parts don't appear by weeks end, I'm invoking the BestBuy replacement aspect of their warrenty.

1.0 out of 5 stars A great price ... but only if it works, July 8, 2004
This review is from: Advent Q328A 32" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
After 2 months our Advent TV started to have problems with Component signals, then a few weeks later, SVHS so it went in for repair. After 8 weeks I still do not have a TV back.
As the Title indicates, Advent has a great price, and the picture looks great, as long as it works. The warranty repair service is real bad, ... guess you get what you pay for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Advent died..., July 7, 2009
This review is from: Advent Q328A 32" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
I have had my Advent since 2002. Today it smelled as of a eletrical fire.
I unplugged from the wall. The picture started going funny, and then the smell. I too bought my Advent at Best Buy. I had the same problems as everyone else with buzzing. So I believe it to be a seven year t.v.
RIP...I have had my 27 in Sanyo for 15 years... Still great!

Advent Q328A 32" Flat Screen TV