Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adventure Class 4-16x40 Riflescope in Black with Dual Illuminated Reticle
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 12, 2011
Well I didnt get this scope through Amazon, wish I had though.
got mine at wally world for about $25 more.
Ive had several scopes over the years, this one is by far at the top of my list.
and like the 4 reviews ahead of me we all like it alot.
the mil dot system is easy to use, it comes with a pocket size instruction card
for you to refer to if youve never used a mil dot before.
Military snipers will be very familar with it though.
I put it on top of a 1st gen Model 70 '06 and once I got it dialed in
I was hitting the gongs,"off hand" at 200yds - repeatedly !
my nephew liked it so much he got one and put it on his '06.
he dropped a yodel dog at 650yds this last winter.
(he was using a laser range finder)
AND now, my brother wants one for his S&W AR15 type 223 he "just" bought.
is this scope worth it , YES, could you pay more for the same thing , YES.

Oh !! the red and green illuminated reticle is pretty cool too !
and - it comes with a spare battery for it as well.
on December 26, 2012
I was looking for a scope that could stand the recoil of my Tech Force Contender Model 89 springer air rifle. The Model 89 is considered to be a magnum air rifle with high recoil. I agree with what is said about its recoil, when I shoot it, it seems to shake me clear down to my toes, and it really packs a wallop. I knew that with a good scope, this gun would be great.

Well, I set this scope on it, zeroed it and am really happy. I've put about fifty 14-grain pellets down range and the scope is still spot-on. I also like the red / green illuminated reticle. I wear trifocals and when I zoom in or out, I just turn the objective on the front of the scope and the target comes into sharp focus. I can turn the objective on the rear of the scope and my cross-hairs will eally stand out. Even with my glasses on, the eye relief is good, I can still look through the scope.

In short, this scope is all I hoped it would be. Now, I'm going to buy another one for my .177 Ruger Blackhawk springer. The Ruger is not anywhere near as harsh as the Tech Force, so I know this scope with do good on it, too.

Bobby
on July 9, 2012
Bought this at wally around Christmas of 2008 for my Rem. 700 VLS in .308. I had just picked up the rifle and really wanted to shoot it. So I bought this all in one pack. I joked with my friend that we would go out and have some fun and when I got a real scope this POS would come off.

When I took it out to zero I was impressed by the image quality first. When I zeroed the scope a wind came in off the Rockies and instead of using the adjustment knobs I taught my friend to use the mil-dots to compensate for the wind. He is a beginner shooter.

Now I take that thing out for an afternoon in Colorado. When teaching people to shoot the 700 I set up Gatorade bottles at 300 yards and it hits dead on. Good confidence booster.

Not top of the line and people at the range me talk smack about it but they quickly keep their mouth shut when you drive one bullet on top of another.

Three years later this POS i joked about is still on my 700 and I hope for many more years of service out of it. Great buy for a beginner or expert. It is an all in one package.
on July 28, 2011
For the price I have no complaints what so ever. The eye relief is fine, clarity is fine etc. The higher magnification starts to cut your clarity but for the price paid it is nothing. This is a great scope for any smaller caliber rifle. I mean come on if you spend $1700+ for a 338 or something come off some money for a better quality scope......but with that said I wouldnt hesitate putting this on a $1200 or so 5.56.
on November 29, 2012
Bought my scope 4 yrs ago.Has been on the same rifle from day 1.Mounted on a Savage 11FL in .308 win. Sniper build with custom sniper's stock.Optics are clear,paralex adjustments good enough to hit 10" gongs @ 800(yes,800)yards.After building my rifle did not have the money for a top line scope.Bought it for the same reason as another reveiwer stated.To be able to shoot,then replace later.Have never found a reason to replace it.Holds its own against a friends $2000 countersniper.He infact bought 1 for his 300 winmag and also has not had a problem.Dual illuminated reticle helps in low light and was used to take an early morning Buck. Only con with it is the provided scope covers,the front wont stay on under recoil so I replaced it with a butler creek. Its a great scope for the budget minded.Because of this scope,I bought 2 other Adventure class scopes. The 3-9x40 and 3-9x32 for 2 other rifles and both have performed great.
review image review image
on January 18, 2013
I first bought one of these scopes at Wally World for my pellet gun. Got it home and found the cross hair illumination knob was stuck. I took it back and decided to buy one on Amazon. Turns out the one shipped from the Amazon merchant had a different and far better illumination knob design. My son, who is a firearms expert, put it on my pellet gun and sighted it in. He said it is a very good scope. It works great. I came back to Amazon today to buy another one for my Rugger 10-22 but was disappointed to find they are out of stock. Obviously I recommend this scope.
on October 12, 2012
Keep in mind I've never spent big money for a "high quality" name brand scope. But I can tell you this cheap scope feels very solid. The included rings are not cheap, very sturdy. The scope itself functions exactly as advertised and is crystal clear all the way out to 16x zoom if you adjust the front glass. The illuminated mil-dot is pretty cool I guess, but I doubt I'll ever use it. Overall very satisfied with the purchase and hope it'll hold up to the abuse of my Mosin Nagant M44 mule kick fire breather.

*UPDATE*
Scope is holding up well after about 300 rounds of heavy ball 7.62x54r. With that said, when I compare the optics on this scope to my BSA Sweet 22 on my little plinker, the quality difference is glaringly obvious. The BSA doesn't have the zoom rating of the Adventure Class, but it is with out a doubt brighter, crisper and just looks much cleaner. If I could do it all over again knowing what I know now, I'd probably save up another $50-100 and get a better brand.
on June 25, 2011
I have about eight scopes for various air rifles. I put this scope on my .22 Marauder and it gives me all the magnification out to 100 yards I need for that rifle. Having the focus on the objective is a little inconvenient but the price is right.
on October 21, 2012
For the price, you will not beat this scope. Holds zero, and the clicks actualy let you walk around your sight in target....ACCURATELY !!!!

After 1000 rounds with a Noveske lower and a YHM upper....ar15 setup....this scope is the one I will leave on my rig. It has preformed flawlessly! Should have bought another for my 30-06 pattern 17 smle.
on August 9, 2012
Bought this scope for FNAR .308. Rifle has pretty good kick. Dialed in in less than 20 rounds. Clear optics up to 16x @ 200yards. No use for illumination as I only do clear daytime shooting, but a nice addition for added contrast depending on background. Mounting took <5 minutes. The 2 Mounts included are good quality 4 screw per mount not the cheap 2 screw. Once dialed in, I ran 80 rounds of .308 150 grain boattail with no rezeroing. Probably can't find a better sub $70 scope. Don't get me wrong, it is no leupold or nikon, but great for the coin. My guess I could hunt anything in North America and pretty much take anything out with this .308 setup.

See 1 answered question