5.0 out of 5 stars Straight from the Land of Ooo
Published on September 8, 2011 by William of Florida

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay. I'm not sure it's worth $30 though...
Published 20 months ago by Sean Dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight from the Land of Ooo, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
SLAMACOW! I came home to a giant box today. The box was big enough to comfortably house a new computer or a medium-sized television... or both (it was big folks), but I like to think of the parcel as less of a waste of cardboard and shipping bubbles and more of a grand attempt at housing the mega awesomeness of this epic sword. (How's that for overstating my enthusiasm)

"Adventure Time" speaks to the part of me that remembers playing in the back yard with my brother as a boy. We would often come up with bizarre adventure scenarios as we used sticks as swords and paper towel tubes as bazookas. I feel that playing like this exercises imagination and is good for the development of a child. For this reason, I gave this sword three stars for "educational value."

The toy itself looks like it came right from Finn's backpack. I owned a LOT of toy swords as a kid and this one is noticeably thicker than the average plastic katana or generic knight sword. I think it could easily stand up to my childhood roughhousing.

My favorite thing about it is the simplicity. No buttons, no flashing lights, no ugly writing down the side of the blade and no visible holes for screws. It's awesome without gimmicks.

However, one must account for price. Mine was $15, but the average online going price as of 9/8/11 seems to be around $30-$45. I would recommend waiting until the price drops a bit before buying it as anything other than a collectible or costume accessory.

It is overall awesome. Have a totally mathematical day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Kids And Kids At Heart, December 8, 2011
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
I bought this most convincing Finn sword as an accessory to my Finn costume for a comic convention, and it served its purpose above and beyond what I expected it to.

Quick breakdown: the sword is two feet long from handle to tip. A broadsword in the hands of a child, a short sword in the hands of a twenty-something in costume. It's made of a very strong and thick plastic material, stronger than the average toy sword. Very durable for kids who play rough. Visually, it's quite appealing, it looks just like Finn's sword from the first season of the show: nicks, dents and all.

If you're buying this for your young one, bravo. It's a durable toy they can effortlessly use in their envisioned misadventures roleplaying as Finn out in the back woods behind the house. I wouldn't recommend it to children who like hitting other children, though, because getting hit with this thing will definitely hurt. As another reviewer pointed out, the educational value is all in the imagination. It's the same as giving a child a stick and telling them it's a sword, except that now it's got the right look and feel to it for them to envision slaying demon tentacle chickens atop the rim of a brimming volcano.

For cosplayers, this sword is great. Lightweight when carrying it in your awesome green backpack, but in your hand it feels very sturdy and worth thrusting to the heavens as you pose for photo requests. It helped me win "fan favorite" in a costume contest, if that means anything to you.

It's a bit pricy at over $20, but if you've got both the money for it and the desire for it, I say go for it. A fine toy in the right hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn cool., December 10, 2012
Snowflake (PINEVILLE, LA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
It is a very sturdy sword. It is hard plastic, and yes it is hollow, a worry of mine. Thankfully, it is very well made. It is also precisely like the Golden Sword of Battle, down to the nick details. Totally worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than what I could find locally, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
We purchased this because the Halloween store we shopped at had a system malfunction, and couldn't process credit cards, or checks. I'm glad, because this is a much higher quality product than they had, for about the same price.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Price is too High!, April 8, 2012
D. Taylor (Ft. Worth, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
Toys R Us is much cheaper. It is only $15.99! I don't understand why this item is marked so high?

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves her Finn sword!, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
My husband and I saw this and it was an instant buy! We got it for our 4 year old daughter, because we're awesome parents! Now she goes on her own adventures :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Get's the job done, very accurate detail, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
Not the sturdiest sword in the world, but it definitely completes my costume for Halloween. The detail is just like the cartoon. Thanks! This one was worth the money, not like the micro Jake doll that I got swindled on.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay. I'm not sure it's worth $30 though..., December 18, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
This sword looked SOOOO LEGIT with my Finn Halloween costume, however if I was a parent, I would definitely NOT buy this for my child if they were like, 14 or younger because I'm reasonably sure that they would break it. It's kind of flimsy. It's not too bad, but I would definitely be cautious in using it. Plus, I got this for $30 and I'm not sure that I would really want to pay that much if I had it to do over. I heard that Toys-R-Us has it for like, $10, but I never really looked so I never saw it there. It's a pretty nice sword. It TOTALLY made my costume, but I'm not sure I'd buy it from here...

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat toy, Lots of fun., August 20, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
Bought it as a birthday gift. They loved it. Toy was really neat and I'm sure they will get lot's of enjoyment out of it. Toy is made of plastic and not meant to be used to roughly because it will bend and break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and fun!, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword (Toy)
This sword had been sought after by my 8-year-old for weeks! I finally broke down and bought it. I was surprised at the rigidity of the sword. It has held up against the many spirited battles with various light sabers and other plastic swords. Loads of fun!

Adventure Time 24" Finn Sword