Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on December 26, 2012
My boyfriend bought me this little guy for Christmas, as I am an Adventure Time fan. My heart melted as I flipped the little cube face around to discover that BMO smiles, naps, glares, and has a video game screen as his available faces. He is not nearly as neon as the current picture depicts him- he's rather true to the colors from the TV show.

BMO can stand upright okay, but I might wind up putting some sticky tack into the bottoms of his feet so he has a bit of grip. He is top heavy and falls over, but it didn't stop me from having fun photo shoots with him.

His little arms pop off (and luckily back on) very easily. He is hollow inside, which means you might be able to slip in some coins under his face, or add a little noise machine with BMO quotes in it to increase the fun factor.

I am sad to say that this BMO toy does not have a video-casette ejection feature in his butt.

Is this a high quality toy?

Did this toy have me thrilled to bits, and spend an entire evening (as a 22-year-old college student) playing with it and taking pictures with it?

Is it worth sixteen bucks?
That depends. It isn't very sturdy for rough play, but if you know a big adventure time fan (or if you are one), this BMO toy will wrap their (or your) heart up in such joy that every cent will seem worthwhile.
review image
on July 18, 2012
I am bonkers about Adventure Time with Finn & Jake, so I could hardly wait for action figures to come out for the show. When they finally did, they were extremely hard to find, expensive, and seemed to sell out quickly. Rather than miss my chance, I paid a little extra & bought them online just to make sure I got everything I wanted. And I wanted my very own BMO figure...I mean, who doesn't?!

Besides BMO, I also got the Deluxe 10" Finn, and 5" Jake. To be honest, none of the figures are very proportionate to each other (although to be fair, Jake does change shape and goes from small to large & vice versa quite frequently). The 5" Jake actually looks better next to the 10" Finn than the 5" Finn, and this 5" BMO is not to-size with ANY of the other figures. They are also all somewhat delicate, which is fine for an adult collector, but I can't imagine a younger person playing with them & not breaking something. Fortunately, BMO is one of the less-fragile figures, and even though s/he doesn't really do much, it's still a very cool figure.

Like the Finn figure, BMO's face spins around to offer up a variety of emotions. From happy to angry, to the Abraham Lincoln fighting game, BMO is ready to entertain you. His/her arms are not rubbery like the other figures, but they do spin around to form an assortment of positions. BMO is physically accurate right down to his/her mysterious floppy drive slot. That's about it ~ the rest is left up to you & your own imagination.

I give this figure 4 out of 5 stars...it's almost perfect, but it just seems like, with all the figures, the toy manufacturer (Jazwares) just didn't nail the proper quality. As I said, they are great for adult collectors who will likely just sit them somewhere for display, but for kids they are not very durable. BMO's forearms fell off a couple times, I suppose they could get lost easily, but he's the least defective. My 10" Finn figure, the one leg joint will not budge because the paint froze the joint up (which often happens when the figure is assembled before the paint is fully dry). I tried forcing it but it looks like the peg will break before the joint finally gives, and I have heard quite a few people complaining about the same types of problems, like the bendy wire in the arms breaking after minimal posing. Which makes the fact that the figures are more expensive than similar type figures a little difficult to swallow. I suppose I shouldn't complain, though, since it's better than not having any figures for the show at all.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2012
Of the Adventure Time first gen action figures, Beemo is definitely one of the least articulate but that's okay because Beemo is a living portable game console *cough* GAMEBOY *cough*

Honestly though, Beemo spends most of Beemo's time as a desk toy to look cool. I only wish Beemo came with a remote control or with video tape ejecting action.
on December 27, 2015
Looks nothing like the off green in the main default image, and that's a good thing! Somewhat top heavy, so be sure to put it on a solid surface. I used a hot glue gun and secured BMO to a ceramic tile as a base. Sure, it's not a quality toy, but I've enjoyed it!
on October 4, 2012
Love the show and love BMO, so I had to buy it. He's very cute and accurate to the original design. His arms are indeed weird where they pivot (this would have been fixed by giving him gummy arms, or something way more poseable!) and it looks to be loosening a bit... His feet are small, so you have to balance him just right to stand. Overall, I do like him a lot, and his different faces are fun to cycle through during the day!
on November 21, 2015
BeMo is great. As soon as I popped BeMo out of the protective plastic container, BeMo began to go on an Adventure. It was pretty cool listening to BeMo pretend to be a Gumshoe investigating who puked fur balls in my hallway. Of course I acted like I wasn't paying attention, otherwise I'm sure BeMo would have just acted like a non-functioning plastic toy.
on January 28, 2013
Bought this as a gift for my husband. This was on his wish list. His face (Beemo's not my husband's) turns to show 3 different expressions and 1 screen. That was a surprise when we got it! It was like getting 3 other Beemo's for the price of 1. He stands perfectly balanced and his arms turns too! Very cute! Love our Beemo!
on October 24, 2013
This toy is fun with his changing faces, but he's a little unsteady on his little legs. It would have been nice if he'd come with a base to click into for stability.

Some of his faces aren't painted as nicely, so that's kind of lame.

The quality is decent but not stellar. We like him but we aren't in love with the quality overall.

I found the 10" Finn with changing faces at a local store and liked that I could play with all his faces before buying. That way I checked out the quality on the one I purchased before bringing him home. If your a bit OCD like we are about the quality of your toys, you might want to find a local toy store to buy from instead.
on December 6, 2012
This is a great little figure of the gameboy-inspired Beemo from Adventure Time, if only it would stay standing on my shelf.

Pros: rotating face plate let's you change his expression from happy to sleepy, angry to political. Well, as political as two Abraham Lincolns kung-fu fighting can be, anyway.

Cons: The legs aren't quite the same length, which means our top heavy friend can't stay standing. Lie down - yes. Gangsta lean - yes. But stand - no.

Other than that, it's pretty okay. Clean colors, nice lines and adjustable arms and legs. But not the best quality control or material durability - this is definitely for displaying on a bookshelf or livening up your workspace, not actually playing with. Another children's toy not really meant for children. And of course, there's the fact that they should have bundled him with a pillow, possibly shaped like a game cartridge (that one's for free, toymakers!), to rest his lazy head upon.
on April 2, 2015
Beemo is the best! If you have ANY need for your own BMO, this is the one for you. Okay, he won't talk, won't actually let you play Battling Lincolns, won't accuse a princess of being a lizard, but he WILL charm the heck out of you! Set him for "guard mode" or "angry mode" or just let him smile, and you will have the best BMO you could hope for! (Note: All of the above is my opinion. It's not much of an action toy for a child, but it's wonderful for a grown-up who hasn't quite grown up and needs a pal like Beemo.)