Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cartoon Network: Adventure Time - Jake the Dad (V5)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 10, 2013
If you thought the free Finn hat that was included in the "Jake Vs. Me-Mow" DVD was cool, then I'm sure you'll love this new "Adventure Time" volume "Jake the Dad" that has a free Jake hat inside ! Trust me; those hats would complement each other rather well. As for the DVD itself, it's just as generic like the previous volumes with 16 episodes and a "Little Did You Know" feature. These episodes include:

"Jake the Dad" - Ol' Jakey is now the proud papa of Rainicorn puppies. But he soon discovers that fatherhood is not as easy as he thought.
"Burning Low" - Now that Finn is spending time with Flame Princess, tension is starting to rise in Princess Bubblegum.
"Gotcha!" - Lumpy Space Princess wants to write a book about men, so she does her research spying on Finn and Jake.
"Sons of Mars" - Jake gets his body swapped with the mischievous Magic Man and ends up on the planet Mars where Honest Abe is king.
"BMO Noire" - The little gaming console BMO takes the role of a hard-boiled detective as he tracks down a missing sock.
"I Remember You" - What do the Ice King and vampire girl Marceline have in common ? You'd be surprised, too, when you find out.
"All the Little People" - Magic Man gives Finn a present and what did Finn find ? A bunch of miniature versions of himself and everyone else in the Land of Ooo !
"Five More Short Graybles" - It's time once again for a new quintet of short stories revolving around one common theme. Go on, take a guess !
"Simon and Marcy" - Now remember when I said that Ice King and Marceline may have something in common ? This episode tells of their origin story.
"BMO Lost" - BMO goes on a long journey to find his way home with some unlikely friends after BMO was snatched by a bird.

Keep a look out for any new DVD volumes that have any more new episodes of "Adventure Time" as seen on Cartoon Network. Not to mention new comics and other random assortments of items with Finn and Jake on them.
on October 2, 2013
My son is going to be Jake for Halloween....we ordered this and what a great deal! Got the hat and then the DVD all for the same price we would have paid for the hat alone at the mall! Can't beat that!
on October 10, 2013
I have basically the SAME complaint as other viewers...Cartoon Network PLEASE release full seasons beyond season 2 on Blu Ray and DVD!

Keep something in mind here. I am a 41 year old woman who is hooked on this show. I became a fan late in the game just a few months ago because my 13 y/o son kept bugging me to watch it. He told me I would like it and he was right. It is simple enough to entertain younger kids, but it also has a deep mythology that makes it appropriate for all ages. It appeals to sci-fi and fantasy fans of all ages. I even got on the AT Wiki and other theory and forum boards to explore the show in depth. I haven't done that with a show since "Star Trek." So I have a NEED to have the entire series of episodes in their entirety per season, rather than collections with random selections. I am also not technologically there yet to buy entire seasons of digital versions. I want DVDs for my collection. You can get entire seasons if you want digital versions though...but that's irrelevant to me and my needs. At this point it's a wonder I even have a VCR...(yes I still have a VCR because some movies were never released on DVD....so that's the only way I can watch them, catch my drift?) So..with that said, please release full seasons in order,(because I am a high functioning adult with Asperger's too, and seeing Lady Rainicorn pregnant AFTER episodes with the puppies bugs me.) on hard formats like DVD and Blu Ray. People will buy them. I would! I know my son would too.

Cartoon Network also doesn't play many of the earlier episodes anymore. I have seen roughly half of the total episodes ever, so having hard copies of DVDs will help me enjoy the show at length.

Anyway, as for the product itself, Jake is my favorite AT character. The hat is warm and comfy. It fits most, and it is cute too. I put it on immediately and took selfies for my Facebook page, of me wearing it. My son and I take turns wearing it, and we've watched the DVD several times together. I have gotten good and spotting the snail in every episode and debating on the content with my son, so it's a great thing to bond over.

He says I'm a nerdy mom but because I like "Adventure Time" it makes me the coolest one ever. So there. I bought this as a treat for us and we've gotten lots of enjoyment out of it. We plan on getting the set with the Finn hat soon too. Guess these compilation sets are going to have to do until full season sets become available.
on October 29, 2013
My grandson loves this dvd... He laughs out loud on some parts, and will watch it begginning to end. I find some of it a little suggestive, but that might be the prudish old grandmother in me... yep, suggestive. The kids love it, but I have my eye on it... LOL.
on March 4, 2015
I received the DVD, with no hat. I even waited over 2 weeks for delivery (I preordered Front and Fire). I wanted to be able to watch it tonight with the bf. now it has to go back. *sigh*
review image
on January 2, 2015
My son got this as a gift, he wanted a JAKE HAT, it didn't come with a JAKE HAT. It was misrepresented to us and to our gift giver. The dvd is what it is but the whole reason he wanted it was the JAKE HAT. Boo.
on January 1, 2014
My 12 year old hasnt taken the hat off much at all and he has watched the DVD at least 3 times since he got it Christmas morning.....you should have heard the squeals....The Velcro could be a little stronger but that is to be expected
on September 17, 2013
I love Jake :)
He's a dog 🐶 who loves adventure with his best friend/brother/roommate Finn the Human!
Jake's so cute and really funny!
This DVD was worth the $18 plus it includes a Jake hat!
on May 13, 2014
has episodes ive never seen plus some of my favorites. it came early which is great. there is a bit of damage to the disk but it runs perfect so i dont mind too much.
on April 7, 2014
I bought this for my Daughter's birthday. She lOVES it! It is a great addition to her growing AdventureTime DVD collection.

5 Stars all the way!!!