This is what we've been waiting for. Yes, I'm well aware that I do not own this product yet, but it is clear what we are getting: A complete series of a show we have only been getting volumes of so far.

Published on April 2, 2012 by Zombie Kermit

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful show - This version is censored
The low review for this product is not on Adventure Time. I love the Adventure Time series. I also love that finally we have a collated Season 1, instead of a smattering of various random episodes.

However, the episodes featured in this pack are the censored versions. Cartoon Network found some of the humor too dark in the original episodes, and some of the...
Published on August 17, 2012 by Frank Lloyd Washburn

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Greatest Animated Series in Years Gets a Proper Release., April 2, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)

This is the show I point people to when they get on their nostalgic high horse and claim quality animation to be a thing of the past. An amazingly quirky fantasy cartoon about adventure and friendship, achieving humour without the cynicism that has become prominent throughout television these days.

I could not be happier. Cartoon Network has an amazing show on their hands, and this is a great step in giving fans proper releases. We just have to pray they don't give up halfway through as they seem to with every single other show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally...A proper release for this animation milestone!, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)
It's hard to know where to start when describing or recommending Adventure Time. Is it "Calvin and Hobbes meets Dungeons and Dragons"? Is it "Rocky and Bullwinkle on Acid"? "Pre-teen Miyazaki"? A little of this and more. AT is always so original, fun, sweet, weird, and also, it has some morals to it. Honor your commitments, sometimes being nice to strangers can backfire on you, you body can betray you, just because your parents are weird doesn't mean they don't love you - these are just a few of the themes explored in this show. Children, adults, cartoon fans, or just casual viewers of animation rejoice!

5.0 out of 5 stars yes!, April 6, 2012
It's about time!

I am a big fan of the show and I have been waiting for this for quite a while. I was just about to break down and buy the other 2 video collections. But, I came across this this morning and now I am going to pre-order this DVD asap...

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. I will have to wait until july to review the DVD itself. But as long as they don't remove anything or tamper with anything I think it will get 5 stars

I don't exactly know how the DVD is going to be laid out or what all it is going to contain. ( Extra content like commentaries and how they will number the episodes ) but hopefully it will contains all of the following episodes.

Pilot:
Adventure Time

Season 1:
Slumber Party Panic
Trouble in Lumpy Space
Prisoners of Love
Tree Trunks
The Enchiridion!
My Two Favorite People/,,Memories of Boom Boom Mountain"
Ricardio the Heart Guy
His Hero
Gut Grinder

5.0 out of 5 stars Ima cry. But just a lil' bit., May 1, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)
This is one of the very few cartoons that rests on my mental shelf of cartoon greats. It sits next to the Ralph Bakshi release of "Mighty Mouse" from the 80's and 90's as well as the Tick *sigh*. I say "great" because, on my scale of excellence, animation, silliness, and story are second to dialogue and character interaction. Many fine cartoons, across many genres, have not found immortality on my dusty old display-case-of-the-soul, simply because I was not able to remember a single one-liner in a time of social need.

My family watches the episodes of 'the Tick', and 'Adventure Time' as a treat. We sit, watch replays, laugh, quote, and eat cake. It is magic.

We own both previous releases of Adventure Time episodes and look forward to this release. I am going to score many hugs and kisses for this pre-purchase. I am a lucky guy.

Parentals: This show is appropriate for most audiences. There are very vague innuendos, replacement expletives ("what the math?", "Oh my lumps!") and some mild suggestions of 'making out, kissing, and early adolescent ideas of social 'romance' norms. If you are looking for a great time with some interesting commentary on friendship, commitment, and affection, then this is pure magic. If you are putt off by even light romantic references, or if your child is not ready for 'more mature' (in a teen and pre-teen sense)interactions, then parent away, and save this purchase for later in life. But please, don't miss the genius of this production. I can think of 100 cartoons from my youth and more recently, and nearly none of them compare in quality. Take a peek, then make the call, but for goodness's sake, PEEK!

Thanks for reading past my ramblings.

mdarjany

5.0 out of 5 stars What time is it? Adventure Time Season 1 Time!, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)
I'll admit that I'm the type of person that isn't able to keep track of new episodes of any shows that I like and only get to watch tv on occasion. Thus, I'm a huge buyer of season dvd's and Adventure Time has always struck me as a show that needs a proper dvd release. Boy oh boy did it get one! I'll go step by step on why this is one of the coolest Cartoon Network releases I've ever seen.

Packaging
This is one thing that I'm always a stickler about, good packaging. Adventure Time Season 1 has amazing packaging as they make the entire dvd opening process into a dissection of the character Finn. When you remove the cardboard sleeve you also release Finns flowing golden locks of awesome man hair. Open up the dvd case and along with the paper insert listing the episodes you'll also find artwork of Finn essentially skinless. Oh but it doesn't stop there as on the first disc is Finns skull and the second disc is Finns brain and eyes.
Dvd studios should take a lesson from this set and realize that the packaging can be almost half the fun along with the actual content. I almost always throw the cardboard sleeve away as it's useless, but Adventure Time Season 1 gives me a reason to NOT chuck it as I wouldn't have this hilarious disassemble.

Episodes
Here is essentially what your getting. Both discs combined will run a little bit over 5 hours. There is a play all button and if you can also skip past the opening in every episode. Anamorphic Widescreen with Dolby Stereo 2.0.

Disc 1

Rainy Day Daydream
What Have You Done?
His Hero
Gut Grinder

It's a difference of opinion whether the episodes are good are not so I'll leave it to you to decide.

Extras
Here's where it shines even brighter.

Commentaries: Even though it's just 4 commentaries, each one is equally as interesting and sometimes hilarious. Good stuff.
Trouble in Lumpy Space - John DiMaggio, Jeremy Shada, Tom Kenny, Pen Ward
Prisoners of Love - John DiMaggio, Jeremy Shada, Tom Kenny, Pen Ward
Tree Trunks - Bettie Ward, Polly Lou Livingston
Ricardio the Heart Guy - George Takei, Tom Kenny, Hynden Walch, Jeremy Shada, Pen Ward

Behind the Scenes

Behind the Scenes of the Behind the Scenes.

Animatics with commentary

Finndemonium

Music Video

The Wand

What more can I say, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck, something that a number of animation dvd's lack these days.
5 out of 5

This is an amazing set that should please any fan, hardcore or casual, or someone looking to just get into the show. It's been a long time since I've seen a animated cartoon get such a good dvd release and I'm equally surprised it came from Cartoon Network. Like I said before, other studios should take a lesson and start making their dvd's just as creative and entertaining as Adventure Time Season 1.

Overall: 5 out of 5 (and here's hoping for a season 2 release sometime in the near future!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Where the lump is the bluray?, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)
This and Regular Show are the best things Cartoon Network has released, ever. These shows are B E A U T I F U L in HD, though, and this appears to be DVD only. Animation always looks great in HD. Where's the bluray? I would empty my wallet for Adventure Time in HD, cartoon network. Get to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray Please!, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)
This show is complete dynamite. And I am glad they are finally giving it a proper release, however I wish Cartoon Network would start releasing their shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Camp Lazlo on Blu-ray. I'd like to purchase this but I will wait out and see if it gets a Blu-ray release, I see no reason why Cartoon Network doesn't try Blu-ray. The show itself is one of the best Cartoon Network has ever had. Definitely pick this release up.

And, in closing, please give us Blu-ray Cartoon Network.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possible Blu-ray Season 1 too??, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)
Adventure time is a brilliant, good show, the kid's really enjoy watching it. I love it too, who cares if i'm 20! When I want an exciting and gratifying "above and beyond" nostalgic adventure, this is where I turn to! It has great humor and everyone who's reviewing this will praise it for all it has to offer. To get to my point, the fans have been waiting for a proper season 1 release, so thanks! However, since the show is now getting the HD treatment, please at least hint to a possible blu ray release!! It would be better to have an HD collection!! Come on Pendleton and Cartoon Network, the fans would love Adventure time in delicious 1080p!!! I don't know if I should wait, since I'm afraid they'll see the sales of this DVD and decide from there, but I really do hope they have a Bluray edition in the works as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Explorer's Quest, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)
"Adventure Time: The Complete First Season" is a dvd filled with 26 episodes that are colorful. The extra features include Pendleton Ward taking viewers on a laughter tinged tour around the office of his fellow "Adventure Time" staff. There is also a music bonus that features two men by the name of Casey and Tim explaining how they create the musical soundtrack. "The Witches Garden", "The Duke", "Freak City","Henchman", "Rainy Day Daydream", and "His Hero" were among some of my favorite episodes from the first season. "Adventure Time: The Complete First Season" is safe for all ages and is great for those who enjoy fantasy cartoons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes! A great way to watch a great show!, April 11, 2012
This review is from: Adventure Time: Season 1 (DVD)
I was so happy when I heard that Cartoon Network was going to release the first season of Adventure Time on DVD, and I sincerely hope they continue to do so for the rest of the series. I was a bit frustrated with the volumes, since they were just a random assortment of episodes, and I feel so much more satisfied and comfortable with the full season laid out in front of me. Adventure Time may not have a completely linear story or plotline, but the are definitely noticeable differences in the animation, characters, etc. that make having it all in one collection at a time worth it. I really hope Cartoon Network decides to do this for other shows like Regular Show and The Amazing World of Gumball, I would love it!

This show really stands out today as an impressive feat of both animation style and humor, but it is also a genuine product of imagination, and I think that's why it's so successful; it's certainly why I'm so fond of it. Too many cartoons nowadays fall victim to the "fast food-like" production process: where all it takes is some standard animation, overused jokes, and cliche plots to deliver a filling but ultimately unsatisfying product. Adventure Time is purely original, and it's done so well and with such care that it proves to be a work of modern art.

Adventure Time is a monumental work of animation, and I'm glad that I can (hopefully) keep every episode in my life for years to come.

(Just sayin', my future kids are going to love this. And yes, I'm going to make them watch it. They have no choice.)