Published 12 months ago by MJC

3.0 out of 5 stars 90 page memoir, half blank space, yet entertaining
To start: the author is a good storyteller, but just so you know this book is 88 pages 50% of which is blank space. So you can read it in about two hours. Is it a book? To me, it is a memoir at best, a pamphlet at worst, due to its brevity. The word prosperity is in the subtitle, and I’m uncomfortable with that, let’s just say that prosperity is relative...
Published 11 months ago by Paul T

5.0 out of 5 stars Should Be Required Reading For Any One Thinking About Being An Entrepreneur., February 5, 2014
This review is from: Adventures in Arbitrage: One Man's Journey Through The Jungle of eBay to Prosperity on the Amazon River (Paperback)
I bought this book this morning and read the entire thing this morning. I could not put it down. This should be required reading for any one thinking about being an entrepreneur. John's honesty about being a business owner is inspiring. He really lets you into his life and how being an entrepreneur has effected him through out his life. His success and failures and everything in between to becoming an Amazon success story.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book inspires you to never give up., February 7, 2014
This book is a true inspiration to those that choose to take the path less choosen. An entrepreneur is one who sees past what a traditional 9-5 job offers. This book helps to flesh out thorugh John's experiances how tuff taking the high road can and will be. The beauty of the book is it allows other like minded entrepreneur's to take a journey through someone elses highs and lows, Triumps and failers. This helps you to fully understand that even if you do not succeed the first second or third time, If you have the will and drive then nothing is beyond your reach.
I read through the book in 2 days, it is short and to the point with no useless run-on fillers inside to drag you down. In my eyes John is just a regular guy who choose to never give up and kept dreaming big. You receive what you put out into the universe and I am grateful to John for sharing his lifes Journey with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Groleau writes a great book, February 5, 2014
I know John from the groups he and I belong to on Facebook. He has been a great help to me this year. I couldn't wait to read his book so I bought the Kindle one and the hard copy. I just read the Kindle one. And I happily give him five stars. He doesn't pull any punches. He puts his mistakes and his triumphs right there for everyone to read. As I read his book and read about some of his mistakes I would think to myself "I wish I had read this book before I made the same mistakes" because I have made many of the same ones he did, but like John I learn for the mistakes and go on. i recommend this book to anyone that wants to learn about ways to make money online, that wants to learn about the best items to sell on Ebay and Amazon,and how to find them. I would also like to thank John for writing this book. It opens up my eyes to a lot of possibilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a how to book, but I would highly recommend reading it., February 5, 2014
If you are looking for a how to book this is not the book you want. What it is a history of how one man never gave up on his passion to find his dream even in times of total chaos. It is a book that can inspire you at this very moment that even if you make mistakes to learn from them and continue hitting the pavement to source. I loved the 25 tips in the back of the book and will continue to learn from people like John who are so willing to share their failures and successes. I would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures Galore, February 6, 2014
Great read with lots and lots of insight on John's journey with selling online.

A man after my own heart with using flea markets to source products the information inside is tried, trusted and true to form.

Good information and resources that will help anyone whether a newbie or seasoned pro.

Thanks John for your story and sharing everything you know to help everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revamp Your Game Plan, February 8, 2014
Buyer (Corsicana, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Like many serial entrepreneurs, John revisits the road less traveled. There are twists, turns, hills and valleys; however his assured optimism has guided him throughout his voyage. John presents the uncertainty that self-employment brings, by sharing all aspects of his life. He mentions the personal battles as well as the economic ups and downs, to breaking free of the J-O-B. It is clear that he believes in abundant opportunities, and outlines his success in capitalizing on trends that technology and fads create. Recently, he's turned his love of buying and selling into a profitable Amazon business, which is very inspirational. As I read the pages, I realize that John is living proof that “success is a journey, not a destination.”

5.0 out of 5 stars He did it his way, February 5, 2014
John Groleau is an overnight success twenty years in the making. Adventures in Arbitrage reads like a conversation you would have with a good friend over a couple of beers. John tells his story of Amazon success, and includes all the failures along the way. Rather than a how to book, it's a how I did it book. I laughed, I cried, and I picked up a lot of tips on how to succeed, not just in sales, but in life. Do yourself a favor and buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick inspirational read, February 6, 2014
Sat down and read John Groleau's Adventures in Arbitrage in one sitting. Book is mesmerizing, and inspiring, This guy has gotten knocked down, got back up, knocked down again, and back up again. This book will be an inspiration to anyone who reads it-full of great current information about sourcing for products, pitfalls to avoid, lessons author has learned that will help the reader avoid mistakes along the way. A real hero to many in the Amazon community-he talks the talk and walks the walk!!

3.0 out of 5 stars 90 page memoir, half blank space, yet entertaining, April 4, 2014
Paul T (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
If you are an experienced online seller, you are only going to gain minimal new knowledge. That said, he certainly has the entrepreneurial spirit, and that I admire. He operates with honesty and integrity “in the field” the man never gives up. He is self-deprecating at times, which is fun. At various times he considers taking a regular job, but then is always pulled back to dealing in arbitrage, which is to be commended.
He offers 25 tips at the end of the book, of which I only disagree with #11 and #21, so that’s 23 pretty good ones.
Are you getting started in the business? My personal advice would be to find one product line that works and focus on that unless it bores you too much. Still, operate with longest tail possible.
I cannot recommend this for an experienced seller unless you want to take a trip down memory lane. For the interested novice, I guess it should be okay. If he can sell a thousand of these “books” and inspire 50 people to go out there make a living on their own, then that is a positive thing for the planet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any internet marketer, February 9, 2014
John Groleau has his finger on the pulse of Amazon, eBay, and retail hustling in general. He tells the story of how and why he made the choices he made, that brought him to the place in time where he is successfully operating a million-dollar FBA business. He knows success sprinkled with failure, and he knows failure overcome with success. He has seen homelessness, and he has lived in luxury. He attributes much to "luck" or "fate", but it is obvious (and he will readily admit), that God had other plans for him that didn't include leaving him in despair. John's book is an easy read and will leave you with an insight into how he thinks, which when applied to your situation, may be the key ingredient that you need to make your own success. Just one statement from a recent interview with John made me stop and look at my own business, make one small but significant change, and reap the benefit of his years of wisdom. This book will certainly entertain, and likely inform, even though it is written, not as a "how-to", but as a "how-did". I highly recommend John's book to you.

$9.99