Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adventures of Black Beauty: Season 1
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on November 6, 2014
Love Black Beauty! A classic
on August 2, 2014
Wonderful dvd's...enjoying them very much.
Thank you.

Helena Paka
on December 9, 2013
I love Judi Bowker and this dated little gem is well-worth the purchase. Now that it is Autumn, soon to be winter, this is the perfect series (season 1) to watch while drinking tea and sitting by the fire all bundled up with blankets. I really enjoyed season 1, though did not care for season 2 as much (Judi was not in it at all!)
on November 23, 2013
This is a nice to watch series. I recommend it for young age viewers. The picture is a little grain-y but adds to the time period of the story. There are some sad parts, but problems are solved in kindly ways.
on November 16, 2013
My daughter was not even a thought in the universe when I watched this series on TV as a teen. So I was not quite sure how it would go over with her. She took to it like a duck to water, she loves horses and now she also loves this series.
on October 5, 2013
In 1974, I was in the fourth grade and hopelessly horse-crazy. "Black Beauty" came on just before "The Wonderful World of Disney" on Sunday nights, at least for a brief time. I only got to see a few episodes and then it disappeared from the TV listings in the Green Sheets, which were the TV program listings in the Charlotte Observer. I was bitterly disappointed when "Black Beauty" was removed from the lineup.

All these years I've thought about this show and wanted to get my hands on it. Recently, I thought to look again on Amazon and here it is! All I'd remembered was the episode about the Viking helmet and the haunting theme music and how the few episodes I saw made me feel. Thanks to Amazon, I got a do-over of some special and formative viewing memories! "The Adventures of Black Beauty" seems quaint; much like 'The Waltons' does now: simple and dated, yet earnest and wholesome. TV shows like this were plentiful in the 1960's and 70's; at least on the four channels that existed back then.

Other people have complained that the video quality on these discs is poor. I watched them on my computer and I honestly didn't mind. I'm just glad to have them, after all these years. I suspect that people are so accustomed to high definition that everything else seems dull.

Thank you, Amazon, for offering obscure titles such as this! I'm thoroughly enjoying this time capsule from my past, along with the trip down memory lane that each episode offers!
on November 26, 2012
Most things I Review I say yep or nope. So I’m short about 19 0r so words for your review.
on January 14, 2012
I've owned the UK version from Network DVD and I now own this Image release. The UK DVD isn't great but at least it's from original film!

This disgusting release from Image is from a Video tape source off the 16mm print. The Image frame is missing information on all sides, you can even see the "blue warping" on the top edges of the frame! There are video tape glitches all over the place, and why they licensed the series and not the original masters, much less attempt to restore the original 35mm negative, is beyond me.

Completely disgraceful release of a wonderful series with excellent acting and would SHOULD BE beautiful cinematography.
on March 16, 2010
I LOVED watching this show back when it was on Nickelodeon. I remember i couldn't wait to rush home to see this show. One of the great classics!
on June 22, 2009
I used to watch the Black Beauty television series on PBS as a child and my family always loved it. I was so happy when it was recently released on DVD. This is a great series for kids and adults alike, the acting and production are of very good quality, and it is clean and portrays good moral values. I highly recommend it for families and especially for people who love horses!