Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Adventures of Curious George [VHS]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%
Format: VHS Tape|Change

on August 18, 2000
Too many kids' videos are absolutely unbearable for parents to watch, and too many adaptations of classic picture books fail to capture the charm and style of the original. Thankfully, this video succeeds in both respects. The video contains two Curious George segments, the first based on "Curious George" and the second "Curious George Goes to the Hospital." Both are done in a kind of "claymation" animation, which makes the characters truly come alive. The video also manages to portray that 50s sensibility and style that the books have, with scenes that are so true to the picture books, they look as if your book came to life. The background music is also extremely well-done, mainly classical music that perfectly suits the action. The voices are easy to listen to and exactly fit the characters, and the words/narration are taken nearly verbatim from the books' text - perfect for a Curious George purist. (The video also contains 4 other segments (2 Frog & Toad and 2 moose) which my son rarely watches but which are also exceptionally well done and which make this a lot of video for the money.) High quality, charming, cute, funny, very watchable (even for parents), stylish, not condescending or dumbed down - what more could you ask for in a kids' vid?
on August 14, 2000
After seeing John Matthews' "Frog and Toad are Friends" my daughter became hooked and we got the Arnold Lobel books for her. Then I sought out the tape as we had one on loan from the library. Imagine my surprise to learn John not only did another Frog and Toad movie but also Curious George. This tape has 2 George segments (the original and "CG goes to the Hospital"), two Morris the Moose segments ("MM goes to school" and "MM gets sick") and two Frog and Toads ("Frog & Toad Together" and "Frog & Toad Are Friends"). As a bonus, there is a behind the scenes making of "F&T are Friends". I think the "F&T are Friends" is the best of the lot--both the voices and the stories. Well worth it and over an hour and half long to boot!
on June 17, 2005
I forgot how cute he is! These are such clean, upbeat shorts. It's hard to find something like this nowadays. I find that even *I* enjoy watching them, even though they're meant for kids. When I'm home sick, I pull out the tape and curl up on the couch.
on March 20, 2000
This is an exceptional video for children. I highly recommend it for all ages!