Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on November 26, 1999
I am the mother of an 18-month-old daughter who is an absolute Elmo nut! We saw this movie in the theater and it was the first time she has sat still for more than five minutes since she was a very small baby. She hardly even blinked during the entire 73 minutes of the movie. Excellent movie and I would recommend it to all parents of children who love Elmo.
on December 22, 1999
I wasn't sure how my daughter would be in a theater (she's 2 1/2 & this was our first time), but I needn't have worried. She was captivated! It was cute & entertaining for me; but she loved it. Burt & Ernie kept the concept of falling into Grouchland from being too scary, and the tunes were engaging. I highly recommend for all pre-schoolers!
on May 21, 2000
Our almost-2-year-old daughter is captivated by Elmo and this movie, and we are too. She calls it "Elmo Banky" (Elmo's Blanket). Besides the usual great quality puppetry and music that you expect from Sesame Street, this movie suprised me in two ways.
First, the story is great for toddlers. It's about how Elmo accidently loses his special blanket and how he (with help from his friends and the audience) finds it. Our daughter "got" it immediately - and she was caught up in the excitement and villianry, all the while clutching her own special blanket.
Second, Bert and Ernie appear throughout to help the little ones through the intense parts of the movie (such as when Elmo is falling down a magic passageway to Grouchland). They remind us all that it's just a story. This kept our daughter from getting too scared.
Better than Disney!
on December 3, 1999
I highly recomend this movie for anyone with young children. I took both my son (2 1/2) and daughter (1 1/2) to see this in the theater. I was very nervous because this was our first theater experience. Not only did my son sit still for the whole movie, he was talking about it for days afterward. My daughter didn't quite make it through the whole thing, but I didn't really expect her to. It was very easy to follow, my son was telling the story to his grandparents, aunt, and anyone who would listen. Very good movie.
on August 10, 2000
This was a great movie for small children. It is also enjoyable for adults also. I found it to be very cute and entertaining! It is about Elmo, and how he gets in a fight with his friend over sharing his blanket. Well, alot of things go wrong and Elmo's blanket ends up at Grouch's trashcan. The Grouch throws the blanket down the garbage can and Elmo dives in after it, only to realize that it has been spirited to a place called Grouchland. What he dosen't know is that Grouchland is being ruled over by a guy named Huxley who has a problem with sharing things, and he has been stealing from the townsfolk, always telling them, "If I touch it...it's MINE!" Elmo has to figure out how to get his blanket back, with the help of many colorful characters. The whole movie is great for small children. It teaches them the value of friendship and sharing, which is something they need to know about at a young age. The movie also allows the children to participate in certain scenes (ex. singing along, helping Elmo to blow raspberries, helping Elmo find his way through a dark cave). Overall, this is a great movie for children, and I really did enjoy it, which is why I have to recommend it!
on August 20, 2015
My daughter is fifteen years old, but the other night, she just had an urge to watch this again. I believe, like all things Sesame Street, that Elmo in Grouchland has more and more meaning as we grow into adults. The big-name actors (we ADORE Mandy Patinkin!) the cultural humor that goes over the heads of the little children...this just never gets old. Elmo in Grouchland and Follow That Bird are the two Sesame Street films that will simply live forever.
on December 24, 1999
I took my daughter to this movie the day she turned 14 months. She loved it and didn't move through the entire movie. Except to blow "raspberries" with the queen of trash!
on June 18, 2015
My kids totally love watching this movie. They are huge Elmo fans and this movie they can watch over and over and not get tired of it. Its actually a pretty good movie and there are many cute scenes. If your kids are into Elmo then I would definitely get this movie.
on March 29, 2016
My nearly 3 year old is Elmo obsessed and this was a nice break from Sesame Street episodes but kept the familiar faces and characters. I enjoyed the creation of Grouchland that it could be this amazing place that wasnt necessarily made up or imagination. (because Elmo is always imaginging places). The grouches were not scary at all and they made it a whimsical adventure.
Was I the only adult who didnt realize that the actor Mandy Patinkin was the guy who played Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride?! Blew my mind. He was a fun bad guy. I did enjoy the movie showing strong emotions that kids do occasionally feel. Not wanting to share. Disappointment. Loss. It dealt with those in an age appropriate way without just skimming over it expecting kids to always be happy and go-lucky. As usual the Sesame Street universe doesnt disappoint. Highly recommended for any kiddo interested in Elmo.
on June 6, 2015
Once again the Muppets hit a hit run! Granted I watched this at 4:00 in the morning when I couldn't sleep. But even as a single older woman with just a cat I found this movie a delight to watch. Mandy Patnik is the perfect villain for Elmo and it is obvious that he is having a great time with his role. The movie also had enough of the old elements (Big Bird, Grover, Bert and Erine, etc.) for adults to travel down memory lane as well as the new characters of the current generation. The songs were like Disney songs a hit for any age to enjoy. The movie also like any great family movie blends fun children cuteness with jokes for the adults. So whatever you age take indulge your inner child with this fun movie. This is one movie I am keeping on my list. Elmo's Christmas was also just as good as this movie.