Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on September 3, 2008
I gave the book to a 22 year old and he sat down and immediately READ the whole thing. The graphic novel format is genius. Heck, I am well past my 20's and I enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Daniel Pink and especially Whole New Mind. If you can't get a college age or younger to read Whole New Mind this book just might lure them into it. Great information presented in a way that appeals to the audience who most needs it. A great gift to give!! I will be buying more copies to give.
on April 2, 2014
As a comic book reference, not a bad starting point. Certainly something to provide an awareness that, as an employee, what are ones responsibilities to an employer. However, for the "last career guide", refer to the classic What Color Is Your Parachute (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J4WM7C/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_148).
on November 13, 2013
I was required to read this for a career theories / preparation class I took during my last year of college. I thought that it was just going to be some older writer trying to fit in with the "COOL YOUNGER FOLKS," but it was actually pretty useful!

A short read, but it was to-the-point and gave good examples.
on September 29, 2008
This animated career guide has some of the best advice I've ever read in such a condensed, easy to read format. The story line shares six important rules that can not only be applied to one's career, but to one's entire life. The only reason it loses a star is because it's too short; definitely a one-sit read.
on February 21, 2015
Think of how creative, the layout, the situations and the tone which is not didactic. We need instruments like this to prepare our children for a world where you don't prepare yourself to fit into a preconceived slot. What we need to facilitate is the exploration of particular interests, confidence in personal discovery, flexibility in study material and the courage to ask questions.
on November 13, 2011
I greatly enjoyed reading this book. There are only six main ideas (as other reviewers have listed), however some of these ideas are unique to this book. Those unique ideas alone are worth the purchase price.

Five stars for the material and presentation, however minus one star for the cover boast "The last career guide you'll ever need." You'll definitely need other material for career guidance.
on December 11, 2014
I thought this book was a normal self-help book, but its actually a manga. I don't read much cartoon like books, but the pictures and format made it entertaining. This is my second book from Dan Pink, I've read drive. And I can see some of the concepts in here. I'm about to graduate from college, and I think this book set the foundation for me to know what I should be doing after I graduate. Thanks Mr. Pink.
on November 27, 2008
I love this author. I think that his book A Whole New Mind is pure genius. I love the way Daniel Pink views the world (standing on his head?) because he challenges the status quo and leads us to consider different ideas, options, and ideologies that are necessary to take ourselves, and our organizations to new levels of success. I like the simplicity of Johnny Bunko and the six lessons that he teaches us. As obvious as the six lessons might seem at first, if you apply them to a job search, your current job, and/or to life you have a great strategy for success. In today's crazy job market and world at large, lesson number 4: "Persistence Trumps Talent" is especially useful because we are all going to have to be quite persistent to get through the next year!
on October 14, 2008
It may take me longer to write this review than it did to read all of this book; you can read it nearly as fast as you can turn the pages. (In fact you can read most of it free on the book's website.) But that shouldn't diminish the excellent advice contained here, useful for anyone in any job, not just the young people it's obviously aimed at: focus on your strengths, realize that there is no "plan", that sort of thing.

One caveat. Don't look for any deep advice beyond the six central points the book makes. You'll probably be left thinking "great advice, but what do I do about it." Perhaps it would be better to think of it as the "first" career guide you'll ever need, rather than the "last."
on November 15, 2013
The book delivers a great career advice in a beautiful "manga" style. You follow the main character, Johnny Bunko, through a wonderful adventure while discovering new journeys in his life and career.

The book is to the point and really enjoyable; once you start reading, you don't feel the argue of letting go until suddenly you realized that you have already finished the adventure.

Two points that letting me hesitate on giving it a 5 star rating:
(1)- The part when Johnny starts discovering himself is really short; I mean the book is not a long one to begin with, but I feel that that part did not gave a good view on how Johnny discovered his strengths & the things he mostly enjoys doing? How did Diana -a character in the story who helps Johnny through his journey- knew the type of career suitable for his strengths? While reading, I keep asking these questions; because when I bought the book I thought a part of it will be answered alongside the story.

(2)- The second thing is, although the book is based on a story, real-life scenario is a totally different case and things don't end up coming as easily as it do in the book. Sometimes things take time, and probably a lot of time, a lot of mistakes might be made along the way and a lot of critical events might be there in the way of your path; those events & mistakes might become a critical factor in your life and career.

Sometimes you miserably fail or feel stuck with no way to go. It is not easy and it might not be for a long time; but whenever that happens, you have to keep your spirit, keep trying and don't ever give up!