Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle: The Thing Beneath the Bed
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on March 30, 2011
There's not a lot to say about this story as it's a picture book, so the amount of text probably only comes to around 200 words. Anyway, it's a story of a princess, who lives in a castle, and we are shown what types of games she plays with her teddy bear, Mr. Wiffle. There's also a monster under the bed which gives us some dark themes, and it all plays out like a children's story. But there's an adult ending to this which makes it an adult picture book.

The illustrations were nice, and the story flowed well, but it was an average story with above average artwork. This book really is just for Patrick Rothfuss fans, as I couldn't see someone else getting much out of this book.
on July 21, 2012
I enjoyed this novelette. The old castle and its surroundings were eerie, and the questions about how it all came to be almost overshadowed the basic plot, but I have to say I felt cheated by its ending.
on July 15, 2010
So, like most owners of this book, I am a fan of Name of the Wind. Rothfuss can seriously write and has a great mind for stories. So, when I read about this book on his website, like most fans, I became very intruiged and and excited. It was compared to a cross between Calvin and Hobbes (of which I was a big fan...where did you go Mr. Watterson) and Coraline. It was also described as being dark and not for kids. All of this is true, I suppose, but it's not what I was expecting. After being constantly reminded that "This s*** is not for kids", I prepared myself for a really dark illustrated book. So, let me say, it ain't all that dark. I don't want to list any spoilers here but while there are definitely pages you wouldn't want your kids to read, overall, it's not that big a deal. Truth be told, if they did read it, you could easily discuss it with them and they'd be fine. People will argue that the page or two that are not for kids are what make it "dark". Yeah, it's not a kids book but it's hardly an adult book either. It's like the muppets having a slightly bad dream. It's not bad, let me be clear. The story is cute, the illustrations are superb, and the overall package it's wrapped up in is very nice. It's just not what I was expecting. Expecially for the $25.00 price tag.
on June 6, 2013
Mehhhhh. Don't know what I was expecting really. It's very short, not very interesting, and the twist ending is like "oh okay I guess". Whatever. I'll stick to Kvothe.