From the Back Cover
IN HIS ADVENTURE THROUGH THE BIBLE, Ray Stedman brings the Old and New Testaments together in a unique and captivating way to help you understand how all parts of God’s Word fit together. With Stedman’s guidance you’ll learn to view the Bible as a surprisingly accessible reference for Christlike living and a life-changing expression of God’s love. Stedman masterfully integrates, cross-references, and connects each book of the Old and New Testaments so that you can understand and use the wisdom of the entire Bible. His entertaining stories and anecdotes bring biblical principles to life and verify God’s consistent involvement in human history, including yours.
• Offers a panoramic overview of the entire Bible, providing a valuable context for personal understanding and an application of every book in the Old and New Testaments.
• Presents clearly and concisely the theme and lessons of each book.
• Provides summary outlines for all 66 books of the Bible.
• Includes text summaries and icons in the margins to alert you to key personalities, themes, verses, and applications.
• Features commentary, personal stories, and historical anecdotes that make Scripture accessible and useful in a readable and entertaining way.
• Promotes spiritual growth by offering knowledge and insight you won’t find in any other reference work.
About the Author
Dr. Ray C. Stedman (1917-1992) grew up in the rugged cowboy country of Montana. Abandoned by his father when he was a young boy and emotionally cut-off from his mother, Ray had a ruggedly independent upbringing. Yet, through faith, he matured into one the great pastors, expositors, and spiritual leaders of the twentieth century. Todays church is filled with pastors and leadersmen like David Roper, Charles Swindoll, and Luis Palauwho consider him their mentor and lifelong friend. Ray was a mans man, who ended up being the father of four daughters. He and his family lived through the turbulent era of the 1960s and the Jesus Movement, a time of turmoil and heartache for Ray and his wife, Elaine, and a remarkable time of growth and expansion in his own ministry. Biblical teaching (exposition) was Rays calling and his passion, and he motivated people by the power of the preaching of the Word of God. He also inspired and taught many through the written word. With over nineteen books to his credit, from Spiritual Warfare to his insightful commentary Adventuring Through the Bible, Stedmans published works span the experiences of Christian life, including Body Life, a book that had tremendous impact on the church in the twentieth century. Ray Stedmans preeminent goal was to be a faithful steward of the gifts God had given him. By examining the life of this remarkable but very human man, you will find lessons and applications for your own life. (Taken from the cover of Portrait of IntegrityThe Life of Ray C. Stedman by Mark S. Mitchell)