|Item Weight||12.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1 x 7 x 5 inches|
|Item model number||DSC06106-ZWUS|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||90 day hardware warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch
|Price:||$34.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Adds Z-Wave wireless control to a plug-in appliance
- Supports devices rated up to 1875W, 15A
- Built-in meter monitors energy consumption
- Wireless range up to 100 feet from controller;Repeats Z-Wave commands to other devices
- Disclaimer : Range can be affected by the environment
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch is a low-cost Z-Wave appliance switch which can report immediate wattage energy usage or kWh energy usage over a period of time. The switch plugs into a standard power outlet, and your appliance plugs into the switch. Installation is that simple. Now you can use a Z-Wave controller to turn the appliance on/off from 100 feet away.
• Adds Z-Wave wireless control to a plug-in appliance
• Supports devices rated up to 1875W, 15A
• Built-in meter monitors energy consumption
• Wireless range up to 100 feet from controller
• Repeats Z-Wave commands to other devices
In addition to Z-Wave technology, the Z-Wave Smart Energy Plug-In Appliance Switch also features an integrated energy meter to help you manage your energy consumption and reduce costs. It can report immediate wattage consumption or kWh energy usage over a period of time. Energy consumption will be displayed in the user interface of the gateway/controller (if supported).
For even more energy savings, put the switch on a timer using a compatible Z-Wave timer or software (sold separately). The switch receives wireless Z-Wave commands up to 100 feet away, repeats Z-Wave commands to other devices, and supports Z-Wave Explorer Frames. It can also be controlled by other Z-Wave devices to turn on/off to save electricity when appropriate. With an unobtrusive small form factor, the Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch will not block other nearby A/C outlets.
Top Customer Reviews
Out of the box the packaging is simple, said something about verizon so I assume they are excess stock from some deal Aeon labs did with them. Doesn't matter - its still the same device so I threw the verizon piece of paper away and it was never mentioned again.
The switch itself is really well built. The device is solid to the touch, a nice non slip plastic finish, the cables are thick but soft and the two ends are heavy duty so I doubt you will ever have any problem with them.
Set-up was simple. I paired mine with a VeraLite. Once i clicked add a new device on the vera dashboard, you just click the little blue button the device twice and its done! Speaking of the blue button, that illuminates if the switch is on. I'm using these on lights primarily and didn't want blue light shining about the place when the lights where off - so this is good news!
These are by far the lowest cost switch i've managed to find for zwave - and not only that, they have the added energy monitor feature too. This was really the icing on the cake. When i turn things on, the Watt's it is using appears on the VeraLite dashboard near instantly. Updates to power usage appear to be near instant also. It's been fascinating plugging everything into this to see how much power is really being used. For example, I have one lamp that uses new LED bulbs and one that used old incandescent and the difference is amazing. Plug that usage into an electricity cost calculator and it really brings home where you can save money... i don't think the old lamp has been turned on since!
The other cool thing I used it for was an air purifier.Read more ›
I'm giving this 5 stars because:
1) Install was easy. Worked right away.
2) It's reasonably elegant and doesn't take up the wall plug (but you have to plug in the bottom plug).
3) If it matters to you, it shows the wattage! Showed up immediately on my Vera. :)
4) While off, it has exceptionally low leech power compared to other switches. I measured below 0.3W.
Manufacture doesn't standby by its product, trying to get warranty for this product is the worst. I've tried multiple emails and contacting the manufacture for warranty replacement and never get a response.
1) One of the least expensive controllers on the market
2) Supports 3 prong devices.
3) Doesn't block other plugs in the outlet.
4) Flat plug allows it to fit behind tight furniture.
5) Meters current Watt usage
6) Keeps a running total of kWh usage.
7) Pairs without issue
8) Extremely reliable. I have had no issues whatsoever with this device. I have had two of them working flawlessly for about 9 months.
1) Aeon Labs seems to be hit or miss with their products. Some of their Z-wave devices are unreliable and many report their customer service is lackluster. I have had experience with a handful of Aeon Labs devices and verified this to be the case. Fortunately though this is a very well made device and Aeon's customer support should problems should not be an issue.
It also seems to work well as a Z-Wave signal repeater and even seems to repeat the secure protocol that lets me communicate with a KwikSet lock over an extended distance. It is my understanding that many locks including the KwikSet require additional security in their communcations protocol and without this device physically located between my VeraLite controller and KwikSet lock I cannot communicate with the lock. That's the evidence telling me this device is repeating the secure Z-Wave signal.
It also acts as an electrical metering device and can report the kiliwatt hours consumed by the device it switches. This can tell you what it is costing your to run the appliance connected to it.
Here is a more extensive description of my experience with Z-Wave home automation that might be helpful...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works well for what it is. I bought it because it was only $24.99 and $10 cheaper than any other option. Now it's as expensive as all of the in wall options. Read morePublished 1 day ago by AJW
I am using the energy meter function of this switch to notify me when my cheap clothes dryer finishes, since it does not include a buzzer. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Andrew S
I've got quite a few of these hooked up at my house and paired with a samsung smart things version 2 hub. Make sure you read the instructions on how to pair first! Read morePublished 9 days ago by Will
Works great, hooks right up to my smartthings hub. No muss no fussPublished 11 days ago by Big Truck
This is a great product. It not only gives you flexibility to move it where you need it, but it reports the power usage of the item. Pairs easy, works well, no wiring. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Harry Samuel
Love these things - they are well built, reliable and the cheapest zwave certified switch I have found. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Howard Kung
Works great easy installation. Provides relay of Zwave signal to other devices.Published 19 days ago by Joe