on December 31, 2007
AeroBed Premier Comfort Zone Raised Full Air Mattress

I love this bed. I recently moved and want a temporary bed until I decide what type of bedroom I want. I am over 60, and cannot sleep on the floor anymore. After using two imitations of the Aerobed, I decided to get the real thing. It is just like an actual bed, and you can raise or lower the mattress to fit your comfort style. I like a firm mattress, and I raise it to the firmness that I like. Don't settle for the cheaper imitations, get the real article!
on February 8, 2008
Size Name: FullVerified Purchase
I'm a college student and bought this bed because I got an apartment and didn't want to take the time to find or move a giant mattress -- boy did I make the right choice!

This bed is great. It keeps air, firm, and I put a egg-crate cushion on top of it to make it even better. I have to re-pump the air a tiny bit every 2-3 days but it takes like 10 seconds. It can definitely hold its air for a night though.

I'm excited to take this with me when I graduate to wherever I decide to live. It will definitely keep me going until I settle down somewhere. Hopefully it will last.

Dressed in 400 thread count bedsheets, it's both stylish and functional. I've been sleeping on it every night for the past 3 weeks and haven't run into any problems. It's good even for two people and feels like a real mattress for, um, sleeping. :)

Update: 11/24/08
Well I'm wrapping up my undergrad and these bed has done its job more and not less. I've slept on it almost every day for 9 months in all indoor weather conditions (hot/cold) and it's still holding strong.

Bed still does NOT leak air!

Here are a few problems I'm having now. I weigh 135 lbs and the bed [full size] is beginning to sink in, but I don't blame it since I doubt it wasn't meant for every day use. Despite it sinks in, it doesn't really effect 1 person and you can't even feel it. I don't even notice it. However when you sleep with two people you can notice it sinking in (my girlfriend is 115 lbs).

In the beds defense air may also play a role. I live in a room that fluctuates between 62 and 70 degrees.

Please take these weight and elemental analysis into consideration when you purchase this product.

Overall I still think this product is more than suitable for 1 person long term every day use. For two people, I suggest you not use this on a daily basis... fine for weekend guests though.

Would still recommend this to a friend, probably a TWIN size though.

And yes, I'm taking this to apartment post-undergrad with me :)
on December 17, 2007
Size Name: Queen
When searching for an air mattress. I quickly turned to Aero Beds due to their excellent reputation. HOwever, I have bought 2 mattresses and they both started leaking air after 18 months of occasional guest use. With the first bed, I just thought I had a lemon. But now the second one has started to leak as well. It is a shame that a bed that I paid 260 dollars for only lasted about 5 family visits (no kids might I add). So I paid an average of 52 per visit. For that I should have just paid for a hotel room.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 5, 2008
I have had my aero bed for a couple of years now. I needed a spare bed for guests when I changed my spare bedroom to an office.
My brother had used one when visiting friends and strongly recomended it especially because it is the height of a normal bed and very comfy.

I have to say, I end up leaving it set up for a week or more after guests leave and sleep on it myself. I prefer it to my regular bed which is a tad soft for my liking.

The adjustment is superb and it is nice that it uses regular sheets.

Mine developed a slow leak after my nephew used it which was a pin size hole near his feet (not on a seam). I repaired it myself using seamgrip (a tent repair product I had on hand) and it has been trouble free since them.
A tip for finding leaks is to use your nose. with the bed inflated hard, run your nose around the surface as close as you can to the bed. The hairs in your nose are exceptionally sensitive to moving air and you will find it rather quickly. This is a method Ilearned finding leaks in bicycle inner tubes.

If I hadn't needed to repair it myself once I would give it a hearty five start rating !
on November 25, 2007
Size Name: Queen
Easy to inflate and deflate (as simple as pressing a button). It takes about three minutes. It is at semi-regular bed height; so no getting down on the ground. Mattress pad and bed top work perfectly together, which results in no slipping, bunching or coming off. It is durable, even with kids sometimes jumping on it. The only bad thing I can say is that it is a bit heavy, but it is still very portable.
on June 30, 2008
Size Name: Queen
I am greatly disappointed with the newer Aerobeds. We have tried two within the last 6 months and both mattresses quickly developed a hollowed out or sagging spot where we lie. I slept on one of the original mattresses every night (on a regular bed frame) for nearly 10 years before it developed a slow leak and needed replacing. I never had any problems with that mattress so I was very surprised and disappointed with the inferior quality of the newer models. Aero must have changed the quality of the exterior shell as it does not hold up with use.
We also had several twin mattresses throughout the years that served us well, although they did develop leaks which I attributed to frequent transport and use at various sites. That was disappointing, but I figured it was from transporting and not being able to vacuum or prepare the floor before use. None of those mattresses ever developed the sagging area either.
If you do purchase an Aerobed, I'd advise using a foam topper for additional comfort and temperature control. I always had one on my original mattress to prevent possible punctures from the cat's claws when they jumped onto the bed. The foam also made the bed much more comfortable to lie upon and warmer in cold weather.
on February 19, 2008
Size Name: FullVerified Purchase
Well I bought this to replace a twin bed I have from the University housing. I hated it and decided to try this out. Since I am not going to be in school for too long I thought this would be a great choice. I have had it for about three weeks and I can't believe how comfortable it is and how much i missed actually moving around on the bed. Since I do use it daily the only problem I have is every few days i have to pump up the air but i dont mind that. It seems pretty sturdy and I am glad that when I go home for the summer I can just pack it away. I will keep you guys updated to see if there are any problems with it since I do use it on a daily basis. So far I am glad i decided to spend the extra money for an Aerobed!
**Update: For the summer I packed away my aerobed and it was definitely easy! The bed has been great for me and was easily put away in the storage bag it came with. I will be happy to get back to school and not worry about having to lug around a huge bed or having to settle for that twin bed. I do not recommend this size for a couple since it was difficult to sleep with another person in the bed. So if you do buy it, I suggest for couples to get a Queen/King. Hope this helps!**
on October 31, 2007
Size Name: Queen
As far as air mattresses go this is the only way to go. Costs more but closest thing to a real bed there is.
on November 13, 2007
Size Name: Queen
The AeroBed Premier is easy to inflate a dream to sleep on. It makes up like a conventional bed. Great for the occasional overnight visitor or teen sleep overs.
top fabric is not slippery so it works well with the usual sheets.
on November 16, 2008
Size Name: Queen
I purchased my raised queen a few months ago, and waited to review the product until I had slept on it for several weeks. I've been using it now since early October and I give it top marks. I purchased this with the intent of using it for guests at our new apartment but have been using it myself while I await my move. It gets daily (nightly) use and no kidding, its one of the most comfortable beds in which I have ever slept.

When dressed with sheets, etc., and the dust ruffle, it is indistinguishable from a "regular" bed, given that it is the same height. It is easy to inflate and seems to hold its air for weeks at a time.

Queen-sized sheets fit fine and the beauty of it is, when I am ready to move, it packs up into its own duffle bag/stuff sack. It will be perfect for the occasional guest and thus no need to have a dedicated bed in what will be our home office.

If I were to come up with any drawbacks, it would be to point out that you cannot sit on the very edge of the bed since it is inflatable (natch), but, knowing that, simply park your butt more towards the center of the bed!

I unequivocally recommend this as a great bed for occasional use, and will update my review after another few months. In my case, it sits on a newly carpeted floor, so there is no danger of a puncture.

Oh, last point - I was introduced to this brand when I stayed with a friend who had the queen-sized but non-raised product - while perhaps ok for a night or two, there is a lot of motion when someone rolls over and for me, it was too close to the floor. The raised model has a system of vertical tubes that provide excellent stability and good support.